HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 6, 2020, 6:10 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
I always thought it odd that they did not place the Sports Complex just to east. Waterfront stadiums seem so popular and would have probably included large waterfront parks. Watching the city coming back to life, tho, I'm now glad that that didn't happen. Now I want to see waterfront mixed-use communities.
I mean technically they are "by the water" it's just blocked by other builds, to the East is the Docks/port to the West is the Girard estates/refinery neighborhood which that's the area I'm assuming you are saying they should have built it in, which would have drastically changed that area. maybe it can be done in the future after the refinery area is cleaned up.

They really should have built it in the Navy yard, which would have pushed the development of the navy yard further, extended BSL while also giving room to build something totally different where the current sports site is, as well as creating another riverfront area Philly would have like 3 different cities in 1.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive