HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 28, 2019, 2:25 PM
-

Hard Rock Hotel

Video Posted Yesterday.. good views of the transition to steel construction now

Video Link

Last edited by tennis1400; Feb 28, 2019 at 2:53 PM.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 3:44 PM
-

2169 Robert E Lee Blvd·New Construction · Ref Code:JJZ1HU
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Carl P. Blum AIA
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
3/1/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
The project consists of reconstruction of a new Taco Bell Restaurant on the existing developed site.

129 Camp St·Board of Building Standards and Appeals · Project #BBSA No. 19-23 · Ref Code:6Y8K5J
Type:
Board of Building Standards and Appeals
Applicant:
Common-Camp LLC
Draft Application
Date Filed:
¾/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
The applicant is appealing the interior non-structural tenant renovation of existing 4-story assembly building.

1515 St Charles Ave·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:KUW1NT
Download (6) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
D3 Contractors LLC
Application Review
Date Filed:
3/6/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
Tenant build out from vacant commercial space into a nail and hair salon as per plans.

2123 Tchoupitoulas St·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:B7JQG1
Type:
Applicant:
Natalie Deliso
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
¾/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
INTERIOR BUILD OUT OF A 2,589 SF INCIDENTAL OFFICE SPACE IN AN EXISTING WAREHOUSE IN THE LOWER GARDEN DISTRICT NEIGHBORHOOD. SCOPE INCLUDES RENOVATION OF TWO EXISTING BATHROOMS, MODIFYING THE FLOOR PLAN TO ADD A STORAGE AREA AND OFFICE SPACES. NO CHANGE TO EXISTING BUILDING FOOTPRINT OR HEIGHT.

2209 Louisiana Ave·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:01B5ZH
Type:
Applicant:
Orlando Wright
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
3/2/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
Renovate four (4) structures located at 2209-11, 2213-15, 2209 A and 2213 A Louisiana Avenue. The renovation consists of removing siding, roofing, windows and doors, sheetrock, insulation, flooring, electrical, hvac and plumbing fixtures, cabinets and countertops and studs. Installing new siding, studs, roofing, windows and doors, sheetrock, insulation, flooring, electricl, hvac and plumbing fixtures, cabinets and countertops and trimwork. Also, it includes exterior and interior painting and ironwork.

535 Gravier St·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:VM2FZ1
Type:
Applicant:
Semple Brown

Date Filed:
3/1/2019
Closed:
Yes
Description:
Hotel & Restaurant Renovation

730 Julia St·Occupational Business License · Ref Code:ZB8WFZ
Type:
Occupational Business License
Applicant:
Grace Vaughn Luxe Nail Salon
Application Filed
Date Filed:
¾/2019
Closed:
No
730 Julia St

923 Julia St·NPP Notifications · Project #19-0296 · Ref Code:8ACE5L
Download (3) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
NPP Notifications
Applicant:
919 Julia Street LLC
NPP Generated
Date Filed:
2/26/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
Conditional Use “A conditional use to permit a hotel in a CBD-5 Urban Core Neighborhood Lower Intensity Mixed-Use District as per Article 17, Section 17.3.A (Table 17-), in accordance with Article 4, Section 4.3 of the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance.”

Last edited by tennis1400; Mar 6, 2019 at 3:57 PM.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 3:46 PM
-

Residence Inn St Charles Ave

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 3:48 PM
-

Four Seasons Hotel and Residences

can see the new windows going in on the bottom floors... they look great in person i think

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 4:02 PM
-

SPanish Plaza

some pics of what the future of spanish plaza will look like

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 6:01 PM

" can see the new windows going in on the bottom floors... they look great in person i think"

Assuming that's the finished product, I think it's much better looking. Streamlined without clunky mullions etc. I do wish they'd do something with the cladding of the building. Can or will it be painted or something?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 6:12 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschin2 View Post
" can see the new windows going in on the bottom floors... they look great in person i think"

Assuming that's the finished product, I think it's much better looking. Streamlined without clunky mullions etc. I do wish they'd do something with the cladding of the building. Can or will it be painted or something?
freshen up maybe paint but otherwise tax credit reasons wont allow to do much

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 7:42 PM
-

Msy

took some pics today while I was back there of the new road access work as well as the some of new landscaping and the future long term garage

Loyola/I-10 interchange work:

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 7:47 PM
-

Msy

Access road and soundwalls :

Access road landscaping and signage:

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 8:00 PM
-

Msy

Long term Garage and rest of terminal

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 8:13 PM

I want to say thank you for always posting pictures of these projects and Is there any news on when will construction start on 1100 annunciation?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeau View Post
I want to say thank you for always posting pictures of these projects and Is there any news on when will construction start on 1100 annunciation?
I concur, thank you Tennis.

I'm not sure if we discussed this but even with possible expansion options it seems the airport was grossly under-built in capacity. If we are already at 13.1 mm in traffic and we can get to 42(?) gates how much traffic could we really get to. I don't know all the underlying numbers as to how much each gate could really service, does anyone know what traffic number the new airport can support?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 3:22 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalia View Post

I'm not sure if we discussed this but even with possible expansion options it seems the airport was grossly under-built in capacity. If we are already at 13.1 mm in traffic and we can get to 42(?) gates how much traffic could we really get to. I don't know all the underlying numbers as to how much each gate could really service, does anyone know what traffic number the new airport can support?
we finally in my mind got an answer with the new RFP from the airport to extend taxiway G. the predicted capacity limit of the north side of the airport is 20 million a year.
But I do think given the growth rates and lack of alternative options I dont see how the airport can do anything permanently with the current C and D terminals of the south terminal other than have them available as future passenger terminals

Last edited by tennis1400; Mar 7, 2019 at 6:55 PM.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 4:29 PM
-

2424 Tulane

123 State St·New Construction · Ref Code:KW5AYW
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
George Hero
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
3/6/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
New 9,415 metal building warehouse.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalia View Post

I like to look at AUS, another fast growing airport for comparison. They got close to 16 million for 2018 with only 25 gates in a 660k sf main terminal plus a very small 2-3 gate LCC terminal. This year they are bringing the total up to 34 main gates with an expansion - still less than MSY's North Terminal. Airlines like Southwest and Spirit can handle close to a million annual passengers per gate, so there is more room than it seems.

As Tennis mentioned the airport has keep at least part of the south terminal for now, in fact legally obligated to keep the rotunda of Concourse D due to federal grants used to build it. So that is always an option should the growth necessitate it.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 10:03 PM

2424 Tulane is looking good.

Can anybody remind where in the development process the project across the street (2537 Tulane Avenue) is? I last remember the developer was maybe trying to still acquire the last lot or two on that block so that they can combine/re-subdivide into one lot?

Also, further up on Tulane above Broad, I believe the parcel address is 3101 Tulane Ave - does anyone know what's going on with that? Its a big parcel that used to have a large vacant commercial looking structure that was demoed in the last year or so...

Kurt Vonnegut

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 12:50 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxx611 View Post
2424 Tulane is looking good.

Can anybody remind where in the development process the project across the street (2537 Tulane Avenue) is? I last remember the developer was maybe trying to still acquire the last lot or two on that block so that they can combine/re-subdivide into one lot?

Also, further up on Tulane above Broad, I believe the parcel address is 3101 Tulane Ave - does anyone know what's going on with that? Its a big parcel that used to have a large vacant commercial looking structure that was demoed in the last year or so...
well they are building a 5 story self storage building further up the street near the courthouse and there is some sort of mixed use development planned for the old car dealership building thats been gutted

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 2:59 PM

HANO moving forward with over 600 new housing units in Algiers, uptown and at the Florida site.
https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orle...f39ee16a9.html

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 8:30 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
HANO moving forward with over 600 new housing units in Algiers, uptown and at the Florida site.
https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orle...f39ee16a9.html
lots of infill sites.. hope its god designs and good to see market rate and opportunities to own included

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 9:05 PM
-

Looks the Ritz Carlton is finally beginning is massive renovation of the hotel.. smart since the Four Seasons is on its way

921 Canal St·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:RRJAJ1
Type:
Applicant:
Marcelle Walter
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
3/8/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
Guestroom Floor renovations: Interior work only. Scope includes replacing/refinishing all wall, ceiling and floor finishes including light fixtures, plumbing fixtures and furnishings. Refurbishment of ADA room finishes only. New Vanities throughout.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations