HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 26, 2011, 9:27 PM
Canadian Urbanite

Saskatchewan Federal Election Thread

With the upcoming Federal election I think some political talk might find itself creeping into other threads. So lets keep it civil and contained in this thread.

My first question is, with Councillor Fred Clipsham securing the NDP riding for Regina-Qu'Appelle it will be interesting to see how he will fair at the Federal level.

Keep the discussion respectful please!

Old Posted Mar 27, 2011, 9:22 PM

Regina's 4 Federal Ridings have such an urban/rural split that it will be difficult (demographically speaking) for the NDP to make any headway in any of the 4 ridings. Considering rural voters tend to vote Conservative while urban voters are less likely to do so. Interestlingly, Ralph Gooddale's riding is the most 'urban' of the 4 which has helped him stem the conservative tide that swept through Saskatchewan.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2011, 11:30 PM

4 elections in the last 7 years at $300,000,000 a pop to end up with another minority government because voters won't give any one of the parties a majority. The Bloc is bad for Canada, the NDP is bad for the economy, the Liberals with Mr. say anything for a vote for me if you want money for stadiums I'm your man Ignatieff are bad for democracy and the PC's I just can't put my finger on but might as well give them a one term majority people so we don't keep flushing this kind of $ away on elections.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan