HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Dec 4, 2006, 5:50 PM
Urban Explorer

Is it just me or does construction on this thing seem to be creeping along at a snail's pace? I know they're doing the parking deck, but I would guess that they've done about 1 floor/month since construction began.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gttx View Post
Is it just me or does construction on this thing seem to be creeping along at a snail's pace? I know they're doing the parking deck, but I would guess that they've done about 1 floor/month since construction began.
I guess it's just you!

But you're right, checking the web cam archive pretty much indicates they're progressing at about a floor a month. It seemed about the same with Twelve Centennial, and I think I remember Spire's deck going pretty slow also. I guess those floor grades, thicker floors and extra rebar add a lot to the construction time. Then again, tell that to 3344 Peachtree... it seems they've thrown that up in two months!

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gttx View Post
It's just you. Viewpoint's parking-garage base is the most complicated part of the building to form and pour, and takes more time than the regular floor plates will. You might remember that the base of TwelveCP seemed to take forever for the same reason, but then the residential tower started to climb at the rate of one floor per week. Viewpoint has a very large base (about 9 parking levels, I think), but should really fly once that part is completed. Patience!

Old Posted Dec 26, 2006, 9:21 PM

Yes, it will pick up soon.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2007, 6:07 AM

a pic from last thursday courtesy of john3eblover

Old Posted Jan 5, 2007, 6:46 AM

I never realized ATLskyline that you are from Berkely Lake. I was out there a few times this summer, its very unique, especially for that whole area. cool place though

Old Posted Jan 5, 2007, 6:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3eblover View Post
I never realized ATLskyline that you are from Berkely Lake. I was out there a few times this summer, its very unique, especially for that whole area. cool place though

Thanks for taking the pics I borrowed. Yeah it is a nice area, I like living there.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2007, 9:42 PM

Does anyone know if the second (shorter) tower is going to be on the North or South side of the one going up now?

Old Posted Jan 16, 2007, 9:54 PM

My understanding is the second tower is to the South of this one and will front the Juniper side of the block instead of Peachtree.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Jan 16, 2007, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLmangum View Post
Does anyone know if the second (shorter) tower is going to be on the North or South side of the one going up now?
The site plan places the second tower in the southeast part of the block, situated parallel to the main tower and perpendicular to Juniper Street. The north end of the block includes the old Neal Reid apartment building, which Novare will preserve and renovate. Thank you, Mr. Borders!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2007, 2:32 PM

So is this still going to be a 3-tower project like was originally proposed or just a 2-tower phased development?

Old Posted Jan 17, 2007, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMidtowner View Post
So is this still going to be a 3-tower project like was originally proposed or just a 2-tower phased development?
Actually it was originally a two tower proposal. Once Novare acquired the remainder of the lot, it allowed them to extend the retail out to the corner of Peachtree and 6th and consider a third tower thus the tentative "Trilogy" title. Someone said the third tower was always intended as a long term plan.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2007, 6:15 PM

Do we know if Viewpoint will have the wavy top seen on some renderings or a spire like, well, Spire?

Old Posted Jan 19, 2007, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cane View Post
Do we know if Viewpoint will have the wavy top seen on some renderings or a spire like, well, Spire?

The wavy top appeared in the most recent renderings so I think we can assume thats what it'll look like. You couldn't really see the top of it in most of the renderings but I don't think it ever had a spire.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2007, 4:48 PM

What's up with the lighting and shadows in that picture?

Old Posted Jan 19, 2007, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMidtowner View Post
What's up with the lighting and shadows in that picture?
Dramatic ain't it?

Old Posted Jan 21, 2007, 6:04 PM

View from Peachtree 1-20-07;

Old Posted Jan 24, 2007, 3:43 PM
Honored Member

A driveby shot from this past Sunday (just before the rain started):

Old Posted Jan 24, 2007, 5:47 PM

Someone was asking about what would be built in Phase I. If this rendering from RJ Griffin's website is an indication, it will include the retail all the way to the corner.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2007, 10:27 PM
Sustainable urbanism

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Someone was asking about what would be built in Phase I. If this rendering from RJ Griffin's website is an indication, it will include the retail all the way to the corner.

There was a something released a while back saying that there was a deal worked out with McCray's where they would move out early allowing Phase 1 to build the retail to the corner.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive