HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 1:30 AM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Where is Trump when we need him, he would probably run in whether or not he has a gun...

Last edited by O-tacular; Mar 8, 2018 at 3:05 AM.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2018, 10:11 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

looks like im loosing access to my sweet spot in calgary as my relitives forced my grandma to move into a home as some sorta med reaction from a recent health canada recall screwed up her ability to walk... my grandamas pissed off about the whole thing

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 7:56 PM
Suburban dweller

Location: Calgary - our road planners are as bad as yours Edmonton
Not sure where the best place tp put this one but a general topic seems like a good candidate.

When Sunnyside Greenhouse closed last year the comment was a developer had acquired a bunch of land in this area and had some plans. Anyone have any idea or an update of what might be happening? In the past week or so most of the houses along 32 Ave NW (same street as Fountain Tire is on for reference) have been demolished. There are still a few left and also the houses one block north along 33 Ave but I have to think these places were demolished for a reason.

Albert Einstein

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 11:11 PM

Found this on the other place:

http://www.sunnysideredevelopment.com/

So yep, your intuition is correct the whole thing is being built into something.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 11:18 PM

This won't happen as it is mildly ambitious, but I'd love to see the roads in the area reconfigured. Without a change to the roads there, any development will always feel a million miles away from the rest of Bowness. And Bowness itself is equally disconnected to the rest of the city.

While we're never going to build LRT out there, that location would be a great spot for a station on a heavy rail line.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomilo View Post

So yep, your intuition is correct the whole thing is being built into something.
If you dig around on the site they do provide some info.

The proposed project is envisioned to offer a variety of uses, including commercial retail and residential.

Although ONE Properties is in the early stages of planning, some aspects of the project have been determined based on market research and site analysis.

The new development could include:
  • A mix of at-grade retail and potential for future multi-level residential units
  • A potential grocery store
  • Enhanced connectivity throughout the site for pedestrians, cyclists and drivers
  • Entrance features
  • Gathering places
  • Improved pedestrian crossing over the CP rail tracks on 32nd Avenue NW

Source: http://www.sunnysideredevelopment.com/the-project/

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 11:47 PM

Quote:

Curious how you found it? I was looking at the other site and didn’t find anything.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2019, 12:24 AM

I'd seen it on the skyrise forum before so already knew of its presence, so I just searched for 'sunnyside' in the Calgary thread there.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2019, 2:41 AM

Quote:
I'd seen it on the skyrise forum before so already knew of its presence, so I just searched for 'sunnyside' in the Calgary thread there.
Oh okay, I saw it in there too, but when I searched ‘Sunnyside’ I could only find stuff relating to the neighbourhood of Sunnyside. I guess I didn’t search hard enough.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2019, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1 View Post
Oh okay, I saw it in there too, but when I searched ‘Sunnyside’ I could only find stuff relating to the neighbourhood of Sunnyside. I guess I didn’t search hard enough.
It seems to depend on how you do the search, if you search by using the magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner it doesn't always return the results. If you are in a thread and then do the search and choose 'search this thread' it works fine.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 6:38 PM
Suburban dweller

The greenhouse is essentially demolished now as well. The site looks so different.

Albert Einstein

Old Posted Mar 21, 2019, 12:51 PM

The Sunnyside redevelopment is definitely construction related and rightfully has a place in the Calgary Construction thread! Just on an off chance, I clicked on this thread and found this topic! Thanks for bringing it up! Will be exciting to see that rather dull corner of Bowness come to life!

Old Posted Mar 21, 2019, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYCguys View Post
The Sunnyside redevelopment is definitely construction related and rightfully has a place in the Calgary Construction thread! Just on an off chance, I clicked on this thread and found this topic! Thanks for bringing it up! Will be exciting to see that rather dull corner of Bowness come to life!
Did someone say it doesn't belong here? The first I heard about it was when it was brought up here a week or so ago.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2019, 5:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYCguys View Post
Yes! It is a major development, a high profile site, and is important to an up and coming area. Really looking forward to this coming to fruition.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2019, 7:03 PM
Suburban dweller

I guess it was more of a water cooler topic when it pertained to the greenhouse closure. Now that demolition is occurring (not sure of when construction might begin however) this probably should flip over to the construction thread. Maybe construction will actually be discussed there for a change.

Albert Einstein

Old Posted Mar 21, 2019, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubicon View Post
I guess it was more of a water cooler topic when it pertained to the greenhouse closure. Now that demolition is occurring (not sure of when construction might begin however) this probably should flip over to the construction thread. Maybe construction will actually be discussed there for a change.
My bad. I thought this was the construction thread when I responded. It should be moved now that something is happening at the site.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2019, 12:28 AM
BANNED

Before the new central library opened there were a number of people who said that it will only be interesting to Calgarians for the first weekend, and then be only used by homeless drunk people. I'm happy to report that those people were wrong.

LINK - https://twitter.com/CBCScott/status/1108746766701211648

Old Posted Mar 22, 2019, 5:11 PM
Suburban dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
My bad. I thought this was the construction thread when I responded. It should be moved now that something is happening at the site.
I cross posted to the Construction thread so it is over there now. No further discussion yet, but let's keep future updates to that thread rather than this one now.

Albert Einstein

Old Posted Mar 22, 2019, 7:59 PM
BANNED

This is water cooler worthy if I've ever heard such a thing! This is the UCP's Caylan Ford replacement talking about how women need to be subserviant to men. Cross posted to the Alberta Politics thread where we also have the new revelation from the UCP that whites from Cardston are bred from superiod stock, and another UCP candidate proclaiming that men only required respect and sex from women.
---

https://www.thestar.com/edmonton/201...-husbands.html

Here's a great 86 second clip from Jeremy Wong's speech accepting the UCP nomination to replace white supremacist Caylan Ford:
https://soundcloud.com/user-337708139/jeremy-wong

Last edited by suburbia; Mar 22, 2019 at 8:33 PM.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2019, 7:52 PM
BANNED

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation