HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
Updates from Atlanta Curbed for Centennial Yards

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2019/10/1...yards-downtown

This will be amazing.....

Old Posted Oct 18, 2019, 4:38 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

Oh man, that is wonderful!
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Oct 18, 2019, 5:24 AM

It looks fantastic, but I want provisions for the Multimodal Terminal - which I'm not seeing, and CIM has been coy about. It could and should be the anchor of this District.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post
It looks fantastic, but I want provisions for the Multimodal Terminal - which I'm not seeing, and CIM has been coy about. It could and should be the anchor of this District.
I noticed that the buildings they will actually build next to the old Norfolk southern building are completely different and frankly more bland looking than what is depicted in their conceptual drawing above. Expected things will change, but I think we should all set expectations regarding the conceptual drawing

Old Posted Oct 18, 2019, 12:38 PM

Yeah, Centennial Yards looks amazing. It's basically the 20s decade's Atlantic Station but better and more engraved within the city's core. Downtown really needs this. It's quickly getting left behind by Midtown.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2019, 2:28 PM

What is this gonna start in 2022?

Old Posted Oct 18, 2019, 4:49 PM

Interlock Phase II

Curbed posted a confusing article about the Interlock project.

Looks like the renderings from CURBED Atlanta are from a future phase that will extend toward Northside Drive as confirmed by a leasing official with SJ Collins.

Twitter Source: https://twitter.com/jxlatone/status/1185144470641217536

Unclear to what extent the parcels will be but the rendering vantage point seems to be from Phase I looking Southeast toward Phase II.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2019, 9:02 PM

Downtown Development Updates
All photos by Me

CENTENNIAL YARDS (former Southern Railroad Building)

Bank of America = Newport's thus far missed opportunity to show their intentions are something more than a long term real estate holding play. Now seems like as good a time as any for a company with such deep pockets to redevelop the largest building they purchased here. CIM is putting apartments and a hotel directly across the street, and there is an existing MARTA station a couple blocks away.

Hard Rock Hotel Castleberry Hill

New Ascent Apartments, soon to be 29 stories looming over Peachtree Center Ave
As a downtown resident I am thrilled with this project. Ascent Midtown looks amazing, and hopefully this one will too. It is building on an existing parking garage, activating this block and area with hundreds more residents.

Piedmont student housing tower complete as seen from the above construction site.

Viaduct work

Does anyone have any word on the proposal to convert the building on the left into apartments? It's a great spot for residents and super convenient.

The new Candler Hotel is spectacular.
Imagine having never been to Atlanta and walking out of Peachtree Center Station to this.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2019, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Curbed posted a confusing article about the Interlock project.

Looks like the renderings from CURBED Atlanta are from a future phase that will extend toward Northside Drive as confirmed by a leasing official with SJ Collins.

Twitter Source: https://twitter.com/jxlatone/status/1185144470641217536

Unclear to what extent the parcels will be but the rendering vantage point seems to be from Phase I looking Southeast toward Phase II.

Interesting, I thought Curbed was just being sloppy. I wonder actually if that view is from the northeast corner, Ethel and Northside, looking southwest, and the other view in the article is from 11th and Northside looking northwest. Would seem to line up with the slopes around that block. Regardless, happy to see some of the West Midtown activity make its way to Northside.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2019, 1:40 PM
Jamie Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaMustang View Post
Interesting, I thought Curbed was just being sloppy. I wonder actually if that view is from the northeast corner, Ethel and Northside, looking southwest, and the other view in the article is from 11th and Northside looking northwest. Would seem to line up with the slopes around that block. Regardless, happy to see some of the West Midtown activity make its way to Northside.
I was thinking the exact same thing about the street perspectives in each of the two renderings. I believe these renderings suggest that the hotel/office 13-story building would run along 11th, and the multi-family/condo building would run along Northside. Makes sense for the four-lane road depicted in the one rendering to be Northside, and the grade/slope of the road in the rendering makes sense to be that section of Northside as well. If so, I think this would be an awesome addition to the area.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2019, 2:59 PM

Thanks for the pics- great shots of downtown

Old Posted Oct 20, 2019, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
Thanks for the pics- great shots of downtown
You're welcome. I started coming to this site (getting close to two decades now yikes) to see all of the construction and development photo updates, which seem to have largely gone by the wayside now. I hope to get back out and get some more shots of Midtown and Buckhead development, but wanted to show folks what is going on Downtown. It is not dead as some seem to think, and is filling in in all the right places. It is hard for me to fall asleep at night when I start thinking about how incredible this part of the city will be when it is filled in from Turner Field to North Ave. I may have to wait for a few decades, but hey, I don't have anything better to do.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2019, 11:03 PM

We gotta stay alive for 2025, or 2035.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaMustang View Post
You're correct...I've fixed the prospective site plan after comparing the grades as well.

Makes much more sense having the retail below the residential front Northside as well.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 5:06 PM

Midtown Union (Under Construction) both Towers

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
There are even more images on Cooper Carry's website.

https://www.coopercarry.com/projects/midtown-union/

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 9:35 PM

thanks

Quote:
There are even more images on Cooper Carry's website.

https://www.coopercarry.com/projects/midtown-union/

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 10:48 PM

Since Icon Midtown's mural from their renderings turned out to be similar to the actual piece, is it safe to assume that mural will go up? Because I really hope so. Have they announced an artist?

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 12:19 AM

They've pretty much removed all the remnants of the building so all they need to do is dig out the pavement from the parking lot and we'll be ready to go.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 6:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sura View Post
Since Icon Midtown's mural from their renderings turned out to be similar to the actual piece, is it safe to assume that mural will go up? Because I really hope so. Have they announced an artist?
That mural looks like a mistake.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations