HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #341  
Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 1:10 AM
JACKinBeantown's Avatar
JACKinBeantown JACKinBeantown is offline
JACKinBeantown
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 7,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In Real Life View Post

I'm also firmly in the camp that believes SA can support another major league franchise (and by major league I mean one of the big four - NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL)
I bet San Antonio could support an NBA team. Wait...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #342  
Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 2:42 AM
Restless 1 Restless 1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
I bet San Antonio could support an NBA team. Wait...
We'll see, when times are thin. Given the Kawhi situation, those times could be coming soon.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #343  
Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 2:59 AM
SAguy SAguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 436
Grunt Style is moving its HQ from Chicago to Texas

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #344  
Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 1:04 PM
Dan In Real Life's Avatar
Dan In Real Life Dan In Real Life is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Lost in Texas
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
I bet San Antonio could support an NBA team. Wait...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #345  
Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 1:54 PM
deeger deeger is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 101


Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #346  
Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 2:51 PM
micahinsa micahinsa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless 1 View Post
We'll see, when times are thin. Given the Kawhi situation, those times could be coming soon.
The regular season home games are almost always half empty.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #347  
Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 5:05 PM
sirkingwilliam's Avatar
sirkingwilliam sirkingwilliam is offline
Loving SA 365 days a year
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 3,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by micahinsa View Post
The regular season home games are almost always half empty.
No they’re not. Don’t say such outright false things.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #348  
Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 5:34 PM
micahinsa micahinsa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
No they’re not. Don’t say such outright false things.
Do you actually watch the games or go to them? The lower ring is sporadically filled at best. Not saying it’s strictly a fan thing, those seats are outrageously expensive and almost definitely price most people out. But it is what it is.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #349  
Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 8:15 PM
sirkingwilliam's Avatar
sirkingwilliam sirkingwilliam is offline
Loving SA 365 days a year
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 3,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by micahinsa View Post
Do you actually watch the games or go to them? The lower ring is sporadically filled at best. Not saying it’s strictly a fan thing, those seats are outrageously expensive and almost definitely price most people out. But it is what it is.
Both and as I’ve said, that’s outrageously untrue. Most of the lower bowl is season tickets so their price point doesn’t matter much.

Spurs had 99% seat capacity last season. Meaning they averaged 99% sold arena tickets through the season.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #350  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 12:48 AM
JACKinBeantown's Avatar
JACKinBeantown JACKinBeantown is offline
JACKinBeantown
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 7,425
Season ticket holders can't be expected to attend all 41 games. As long as they pay for the seats, they're supporting the team financially.

It's a shame that someone else can't use those seats, but at least they're paid for, so the argument about those seats being empty is moot.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #351  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 4:47 AM
sirkingwilliam's Avatar
sirkingwilliam sirkingwilliam is offline
Loving SA 365 days a year
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 3,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Season ticket holders can't be expected to attend all 41 games. As long as they pay for the seats, they're supporting the team financially.

It's a shame that someone else can't use those seats, but at least they're paid for, so the argument about those seats being empty is moot.
A lot of season ticket seats do get put up for sell when the person who owns them can’t make it and the NBA attendance that gets reported is turnstile numbers, so it’s not just “paid” and not showing up numbers. But my point was the ridiculousness of the statement he made about it looking half empty on tv. That’s a complete lie of a statement.

Maybe he’ll comeback with he was just exaggerating for effect, I don’t know, but the reality is, the arena is very full every night.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #352  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 1:28 PM
JACKinBeantown's Avatar
JACKinBeantown JACKinBeantown is offline
JACKinBeantown
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 7,425
^^ like button
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #353  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 7:04 PM
Dan In Real Life's Avatar
Dan In Real Life Dan In Real Life is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Lost in Texas
Posts: 83
More good news for San Antonio. We'll be hosting the Final Four again in 2025

https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...inal-four.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #354  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 9:17 PM
SAguy SAguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In Real Life View Post
More good news for San Antonio. We'll be hosting the Final Four again in 2025

https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...inal-four.html
I'm excited to see how different downtown will look like in 2025.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #355  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 9:31 PM
Spoiler's Avatar
Spoiler Spoiler is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post
I'm excited to see how different downtown will look like in 2025.
Funny you should mention that:

"At the top of that list is exploring a new location for the Music Fest, which has become a popular part of the Final Four weekend. Approximately 145,000 fans attended Music Fest this year in San Antonio, seeing acts such as Maroon 5 and Imagine Dragons at Hemisfair. However, planned upgrades at the park will reduce it in size, and Jenny Carnes, executive director of the San Antonio Local Organizing Committee, said it would no longer be large enough unless the NCAA made exceptions, which is possible."

https://therivardreport.com/ncaa-awa...o-san-antonio/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #356  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 10:34 PM
Runner Runner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
Funny you should mention that:

"At the top of that list is exploring a new location for the Music Fest, which has become a popular part of the Final Four weekend. Approximately 145,000 fans attended Music Fest this year in San Antonio, seeing acts such as Maroon 5 and Imagine Dragons at Hemisfair. However, planned upgrades at the park will reduce it in size, and Jenny Carnes, executive director of the San Antonio Local Organizing Committee, said it would no longer be large enough unless the NCAA made exceptions, which is possible."

https://therivardreport.com/ncaa-awa...o-san-antonio/

Only one place to put it and that would be the Alamodome parking lot C plenty of space for 25,000 people.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #357  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 11:45 PM
JACKinBeantown's Avatar
JACKinBeantown JACKinBeantown is offline
JACKinBeantown
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 7,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
Funny you should mention that:

"At the top of that list is exploring a new location for the Music Fest, which has become a popular part of the Final Four weekend. Approximately 145,000 fans attended Music Fest this year in San Antonio, seeing acts such as Maroon 5 and Imagine Dragons at Hemisfair. However, planned upgrades at the park will reduce it in size, and Jenny Carnes, executive director of the San Antonio Local Organizing Committee, said it would no longer be large enough unless the NCAA made exceptions, which is possible."

https://therivardreport.com/ncaa-awa...o-san-antonio/
Under current conditions, here are a few downtown locations:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ri...!4d-98.4844172

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ri...!4d-98.4844172

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...!4d-98.4889019

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...!4d-98.4889019
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #358  
Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 12:24 AM
UltraDanPrime's Avatar
UltraDanPrime UltraDanPrime is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 164
Wow! This is really cool, The SATX is on fire right now! Buckle up boys & girls, there are no signs of slowing down!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #359  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 3:03 PM
JRG1974 JRG1974 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 59
San Antonio getting a little love from ESPN. I would be willing to shell out money to have an MLB team in San Antonio.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...look-expansion
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #360  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 5:27 PM
ILUVSAT's Avatar
ILUVSAT ILUVSAT is offline
May the Schwartz be w/ U!
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: S.A. | Nashville
Posts: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRG1974 View Post
San Antonio getting a little love from ESPN. I would be willing to shell out money to have an MLB team in San Antonio.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...look-expansion
Yes. But, they did point out that we'd have to go toe-to-toe with Austin on a potential franchise. In fact, Austin's market will be larger than ours in 2040.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:47 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.