HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.


View Poll Results: Separate sub-forums for Manitoba and Saskatchewan
Yes 28 63.64%
No 16 36.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #21  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2011, 8:16 PM
vid's Avatar
vid vid is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 40,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
I was just joking around RTD, hence the smilie. Fact of the matter is this, both cities and provinces are doing well on their own, you don't see a Patriots forum and a Jets forum linked together on a NFL website, why that scenario here?
There aren't enough Saskatchewan threads to warrant a Saskatchewan section. It has to go somewhere, so they stuck it here. If it isn't going to be attached to Manitoba, it will be attached to BC/Alberta.
     
     
  #22  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2011, 9:50 PM
brithgob brithgob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
There aren't enough Saskatchewan threads to warrant a Saskatchewan section. It has to go somewhere, so they stuck it here. If it isn't going to be attached to Manitoba, it will be attached to BC/Alberta.
Honestly, says who? This is such a ridiculous argument. Who decides how many threads is "enough"? What the heck difference does it make? Aside from the main construction threads, Saskatchewan threads just get drowned out. I bet there would be more if there was a dedicated section.
     
     
  #23  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2011, 10:09 PM
vid's Avatar
vid vid is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 40,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by brithgob View Post
Honestly, says who?
The people who organized the forum like this a couple years ago.
     
     
  #24  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2011, 10:15 PM
brithgob brithgob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 833
What was their reasoning?
     
     
  #25  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2011, 11:07 PM
bomberguy's Avatar
bomberguy bomberguy is offline
GQMF
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 653
14-5, majority wins. Let's split already.
     
     
  #26  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 1:49 AM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 24,647
its been brought to the attention of the admins

Last edited by 1ajs; Jan 17, 2011 at 2:00 AM.
     
     
  #27  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 1:59 AM
RTD RTD is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 867
Thanks .
     
     
  #28  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 4:29 AM
Jasonhouse Jasonhouse is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 23,744
So the ultimate problem is that Saskatchewan/Saskatoon threads are hard to find?
     
     
  #29  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 4:32 AM
Bdog's Avatar
Bdog Bdog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhouse View Post
So the ultimate problem is that Saskatchewan/Saskatoon threads are hard to find?
That's because there are only 4:

Regina Construction 2
Saskatoon Construction
Regina Multi-purpose facility, and
Harvard office tower

It's going to be a small forum
     
     
  #30  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 4:34 AM
Bdog's Avatar
Bdog Bdog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,156
^For the record, I'm in favour of keeping things as they are for now, but for some reason couldn't vote on the poll...
     
     
  #31  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 4:37 AM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 24,647
thats because its an old poll thats been bumped
     
     
  #32  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 4:40 AM
dsim249's Avatar
dsim249 dsim249 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
That's because there are only 4:

Regina Construction 2
Saskatoon Construction
Regina Multi-purpose facility, and
Harvard office tower

It's going to be a small forum
Exactly. Waste of time. Leave it as it is.
     
     
  #33  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 4:46 AM
Migs's Avatar
Migs Migs is offline
Regina 4 Life
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Regina, Sk, Canada
Posts: 3,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
That's because there are only 4:

Regina Construction 2
Saskatoon Construction
Regina Multi-purpose facility, and
Harvard office tower

It's going to be a small forum
Weird, I counted over 19 Sk threads on the first page alone.
     
     
  #34  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 4:56 AM
RTD RTD is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 867
Again, if there is no seperation of the two provinces from within this forum (as I am hoping there will be), I would like to see Winnipeg get it's own subsection, as we have enough posters/topics for a variety of subject matter happening within the city (ie retail, dining, entertainment, sports, construction, infrastructure, transportation, etc.), similar to cities like Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Ottawa, etc. Winnipeg has a large enough membership to warrant this, plus I also think this will intice more "hidden" members to come forth and contribute with a more organized and increased subject matter.
     
     
  #35  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 5:07 AM
Bdog's Avatar
Bdog Bdog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Weird, I counted over 19 Sk threads on the first page alone.
Good eye, Migs. Notice my smiley, indicated humour?

The point is, other than the 4 I mentioned (and possibly GTH/air trvel), how many of these Sask threads are even touched? I mean, out of 19 on the first page that you mentioned, over half haven't been commented on in over a month. Some even 2 and 3 months old.

So my point was, there are maybe 4 or 5 active threads about Saskatchewan, and 2 or 3 more that get sporadic activity. The rest are dead threads, hardly ever touched. My personal opinion is that this situation (as it stands) doesn't warrant a separate thread.
     
     
  #36  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 6:09 AM
Boreal's Avatar
Boreal Boreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,593
It's fine as is. Nobody else gives a damn about Manitoba or Saskatchewan. We might as well enjoy each others company.
     
     
  #37  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 6:22 AM
Migs's Avatar
Migs Migs is offline
Regina 4 Life
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Regina, Sk, Canada
Posts: 3,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
Good eye, Migs. Notice my smiley, indicated humour?

The point is, other than the 4 I mentioned (and possibly GTH/air trvel), how many of these Sask threads are even touched? I mean, out of 19 on the first page that you mentioned, over half haven't been commented on in over a month. Some even 2 and 3 months old.

So my point was, there are maybe 4 or 5 active threads about Saskatchewan, and 2 or 3 more that get sporadic activity. The rest are dead threads, hardly ever touched. My personal opinion is that this situation (as it stands) doesn't warrant a separate thread.
Maybe they are 'hardly ever touched' because they got bumped to the bottom because of some of the Manitoba threads, which is exactly my point. (there are a couple Sk threads at the bottom that I never even knew where started, if we as Sk readers and posters didn't have to filter through the Manitoba stuff, perhaps they'd be more visible.) And I see several Manitoba threads at the bottom that haven't been commented on in a long time either, so whats your point other than proving each provinces' topics get in the way of each other.

Either way, its obvious by the poll that the majority want our own forums, long overdue in my opinion.
     
     
  #38  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 7:02 AM
dsim249's Avatar
dsim249 dsim249 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhouse View Post
So the ultimate problem is that Saskatchewan/Saskatoon threads are hard to find?


... Isn't it awkward when mods from "the outside" get involved?
     
     
  #39  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 7:15 AM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 24,647
mods don't have the power to say in this matter i personaly think it would be insane to split us up even more. in the end guys its the admins that have final say so chill and relax
     
     
  #40  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 4:13 PM
CCF's Avatar
CCF CCF is offline
Canadian Urbanite
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Across Canada
Posts: 3,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
It's fine as is. Nobody else gives a damn about Manitoba or Saskatchewan. We might as well enjoy each others company.
Haha this made me laugh.....when really it should make me cry.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:05 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.