HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 11, 2007, 4:46 AM
Community Guy

Edmonton - 101st & Jasper - 25 - office

Jasper and 101st

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Sep 11, 2007, 4:50 AM
Derp

This could work. It would look great from the river valley.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2007, 2:42 PM

There is a building in Buffalo that is being converted from office to condo/ hotel and its going to look just like that.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2007, 2:34 PM
Derp

GE Real Estate may build Epcor tower in heart of the city
Ron Chalmers, The Edmonton Journal
Published: 3:21 am
EDMONTON - Dundee Real Estate Investment Trust, which was competing to build a new Epcor office tower, has sold its downtown property to GE Real Estate -- which now might build that tower.

Dundee was one of four finalists among 10 developers that answered Epcor's request for proposals, May 14, to provide 260,000 square feet of downtown office space.

Dundee owned the former Bank of Montreal building on the southeast corner of Jasper Avenue and 101st Street. Two doors east, it also owned EPCOR Square, where the city-owned utility now is headquartered. And it owned a 10-per-cent interest in the former Odeon Theatre, between those two buildings. Dundee had produced an architect's rendering of a 23-storey tower, apparently clad largely in solar panels, on the Bank of Montreal building site.

But Dundee recently sold its interest in the three properties to GE Real Estate as part of a $2.3-billion deal that included Dundee's entire eastern Canadian real estate portfolio.

Dundee also has ceased management of the properties and will not provide space for Epcor, said Carol Webb, a Dundee spokeswoman in Toronto. "We do not have any ownership in the bidding."

GE Real Estate now is pushing its own proposal.

"We are in discussions with Epcor to develop/expand them into a new office building adjacent to their current space," Katherine Lee, managing director of GE Real Estate, has told The Journal.

"We believe we can provide Epcor the best economic and space solution for their future needs."

Other developers that are shortlisted to build a new Epcor tower are rumoured to be Melcor Developments, with land on the southeast corner of Jasper Avenue and 102nd Street, Oxford Properties, with the Staples site at 104th Avenue and 101st Street, and Qualico, with the Station Lands site north of the CN Tower.

Epcor spokesman Tim le Riche noted Wednesday that the company retains the option of remaining at Capital Square rather than leasing a new building.

A decision is expected by year-end.

Regardless of Epcor's decision, GE Real Estate will hold, improve, modernize and lease its Jasper Avenue property, Lee said.

rchalmers@thejournal.canwest.com

© The Edmonton Journal 2007

Old Posted Sep 26, 2007, 3:04 AM

not bad, looks kinda awkward though.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2007, 6:13 PM
arf

The rendering leaves a lot to be desired for me, but it's hard to tell what the actual look of the stuff underneath is. To me it looks like a couple of curtain wall solar panels were tacked on to an uninspired late 70s apartment block.

I really like the solar concept and love the location. Although my heart wants the Staples site for the push of connections between North Edge and the current business hub.

That means two down and two to go on the proposal side. Let's see the Oxford and Melcor options and have a forum vote on which one Epcor should go with.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Sep 28, 2007, 12:29 AM
Community Guy

I personally really like this design and hope it does go ahead...

Old Posted Sep 28, 2007, 1:13 PM

They can do better than that!It couldn't have taken very much time to come up with that design.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2007, 5:23 PM
Community Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityguy View Post
They can do better than that!It couldn't have taken very much time to come up with that design.

thats why i like it...it is subtle and far far better than it shows.

wait till we see more on it, but many many people will be suprised:>

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive