HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted May 7, 2010, 2:46 AM

Thats good news. It shouldn't be too much longer for the rest of the space to be leased out.

Old Posted May 7, 2010, 3:04 AM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Isn't this like the third subway downtown?

Old Posted May 7, 2010, 3:41 AM

I know there is one on Houston St. across from the Embassy Suites. Can't think of any other ones right now in downtown unless there is one inside Rivercenter. This new one will be pretty close to the one on Houston St. though.

Old Posted May 7, 2010, 8:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaht82 View Post
Not huge news, mostly an update, but Subway is leasing space in Vistana, suite 128. Its the corner by the entrance facing Santa Rosa. It still allows over 13K contiguous sq. ft for another larger tenant (if necessary.)

I think this is a good sign for our local economy; I'm beginning to see small retail pop up at different centers. The Ridge (1604/Lockhill) is almost 100%, Alon Town Center has gained a couple more tenants in the past couple of months and has a few "coming soon" signs, Quarry Village has Urban Taco coming soon and has added a few others since S&H left. It shouldn't be long before we see some more things pop up around DT.
I'm glad you're optimistic, but I'm still concerned. Despite the relocation of World Market, Park North is still largely devoid of tenants in the main building (and it's just plain a weird development, with weird traffic planning, scary parking garages and ugly, featureless storefronts), and the shopping center where I work at San Pedro and 410 (Plaza Del Norte, though most know it as the Best Buy shopping center) is becoming a ghost town, especially the Isom Road side (I work at Half-Price Books). I hope the Vistana can attract some relocation back downtown, because too much has moved out to The Rim and La Cantera.

Flickr Blog Site

Old Posted May 7, 2010, 3:06 PM

It is the third, the other is on Losoya/Alamo Plaza next to Fuddruckers.
It should get plenty of traffic though, there was a line out of the one on Houston last Friday as I was walking by. Not quite sure, but I feel as if someone has been doing some hiring DT, its been taking longer to grab a sandwich during lunch recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boquillas View Post
I'm glad you're optimistic, but I'm still concerned. Despite the relocation of World Market, Park North is still largely devoid of tenants in the main building (and it's just plain a weird development, with weird traffic planning, scary parking garages and ugly, featureless storefronts), and the shopping center where I work at San Pedro and 410 (Plaza Del Norte, though most know it as the Best Buy shopping center) is becoming a ghost town, especially the Isom Road side (I work at Half-Price Books). I hope the Vistana can attract some relocation back downtown, because too much has moved out to The Rim and La Cantera.
Funny you mention the 410/San Pedro area, there was a announcement that Toys R Us is building a combo store with Babies R Us at 321 NW Loop 410. I believe thats the empty Circuit City/Linens N Things; they plan on opening by the end of the year.

With these smaller retail shops opening up (at the other locations I previously mentioned,) it shows that people are spending money, (although I think they never really stopped.) We might not have had growth, but we had very few casualties retail-wise except for the big names nationwide.
The problem San Antonio faces right now is the lack of newer housing to support this retail, or developers failing to redevelop to include housing, which I think Park North should have included. Even if the Rim, Eilan, La Cantera Town Center & Landmark (if it ever gets built out,) get completely built out, the older retail centers will need increased residential density in the area and include it in redevelopment in order to remain the significant retail hubs they are now.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio