HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 10:53 PM

Viewed from Terminus 1-11-08;

Old Posted Jan 14, 2008, 12:18 AM

mmmm...thanks joe!

Old Posted Jan 14, 2008, 4:12 PM

It's so beautiful!

Old Posted Jan 14, 2008, 8:19 PM
Apathetic...and Loving It

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsatlbldr View Post
Viewed from Terminus 1-11-08;
As usual, your pics kick ass. Although this picture shows Mansion to be disappointing with its cheap ass crown...

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabino86 View Post
As usual, your pics kick ass. Although this picture shows Mansion to be disappointing with its cheap ass crown...
I'm not so disappointed. The "cheap ass crown" can't be seen by most people and when you are at a point where you can see it, you can't really tell much about it. It really isn't a feature of the building as it's set back too far from the edge. I do think a beveled edge cap on the top edge would have been nice, made of the same facade material.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 2:20 PM

^Perhaps it will look better lit up.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 2:56 PM
Apathetic...and Loving It

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashATL View Post
I'm not so disappointed. The "cheap ass crown" can't be seen by most people and when you are at a point where you can see it, you can't really tell much about it. It really isn't a feature of the building as it's set back too far from the edge. I do think a beveled edge cap on the top edge would have been nice, made of the same facade material.
My problem is that I feel that the developer skimped out on it at the last minute. In the rendering, while it's not COMPLETELY different, SOMETHING seems missing in the final product.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 3:09 PM
gettin' rich!

Is this tower in the downtown core?

Atlanta's skyline has never been one of my favorites, but I must admit this is a very sleek and well designed tower.

btw: did you just punch your keyboard to create that avatar?

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 4:04 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
Is this tower in the downtown core?

Atlanta's skyline has never been one of my favorites, but I must admit this is a very sleek and well designed tower.

btw: did you just punch your keyboard to create that avatar?

No, it's in Buckhead, which is about 6 miles north of the downtown core.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 6:37 PM

^^ Just like Toronto, Atlanta has many skylines.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 8:29 PM

Not to hijack the 3334 forum, but the crown for the Mansion in the drawing shows vertical design elements, appears to be taller and taper slightly and honestly is a more brilliant finish material. Yes it's a drawing but the crown in the drawing fits well with the rest of the building thus we on the forum and I would probably say the developer assumed something similar. The product as is has none of the characteristics I pointed out from the drawing and appears nothing like it. If I were the developer, I would be extremely disappointed with the finished product.

If you to to www.mansiononpeachtree.com, none of the crowns shown in the renderings are drawings even come close to what is actually on the building as is. Either the rendering or the drawing crown would be a major improvement over the existing. As is it at least should be doubled in height to balance out the tower or dare I say removed completely to look like the building was finished correctly.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 8:39 PM

3344 Peachtree looks better than Mansion on the outside but I have a feeling Mansion will look better on the inside. Geez, I wish I had a few million to through into one of these.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2008, 8:24 PM

How is the crown looking?? With the height change (reduction) from the original rendering, I'm afraid they're going to skimp on the crown, just like they did on Mansion.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2008, 6:47 AM
Urban Explorer

Some pictures from Thursday afternoon (3/6):

Old Posted Mar 8, 2008, 1:41 PM

Truly spectacular!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2008, 3:33 PM

Great building, too bad it wasn't in midtown next to 1180 or something like that to compliment it. It's really looking out of place in Buckhead. It will likely be the tallest thing in Buckhead for at least 10 years. Take away the boxy goiter thingy hanging on the side and you've got a size/height approximation of Trump's tallest tower.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2008, 6:10 PM

Beautiful photos, gttx -- thank you! That is just a beautiful building, and has set a new mark for Buckhead. That street of Peachtree has changed very quickly, and it is going to be breathtaking one day.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2008, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Great building, too bad it wasn't in midtown next to 1180 or something like that to compliment it. It's really looking out of place in Buckhead. It will likely be the tallest thing in Buckhead for at least 10 years. Take away the boxy goiter thingy hanging on the side and you've got a size/height approximation of Trump's tallest tower.
I somewhat agree but if he sees this, Scania is going to show up at your house for making such a suggestion.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2008, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
I somewhat agree but if he sees this, Scania is going to show up at your house for making such a suggestion.
It is out of scale with Buckhead though and we really don't want other buildings of this scale in this part of town, wrong amount of density. This would have been so much more utilized on the Midtown Mile as maybe one of the pieces of 12th & Midtown. Something like this detracts from the human scale of what people would like to become a walkable district. Fine for NYC where density like this is an economic necessity and land is incredibly scarce but not Buckhead where the buildings can afford to be more personable.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2008, 4:11 PM

Quote:
It is out of scale with Buckhead though and we really don't want other buildings of this scale in this part of town, wrong amount of density. This would have been so much more utilized on the Midtown Mile as maybe one of the pieces of 12th & Midtown. Something like this detracts from the human scale of what people would like to become a walkable district. Fine for NYC where density like this is an economic necessity and land is incredibly scarce but not Buckhead where the buildings can afford to be more personable.
before buckhead can ever really be a "walkable district" it needs to get rid of all the crappy strip retail, designed without any regard for pedestrians.

additionally, there are a few nice tall 350'+ towers sprouting all around buckhead. terminus 100, 3630 peachtree, and of course the mansion. two alliance seems like it might be 400'+ as well. buckhead is really becoming quite an urban district on its own.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive