Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 5:07 PM
BANNED

PHILADELPHIA | 1301 Market Street | 460 FT | 32 FLOORS

Title: 1301 Market Street
Project: Office, retail
Architect: SOM
Developer: Oliver Tyrone Pulver Corp.
District: Center City
Neighborhood: Center City East (Market East)
Floors: 32
Height: 460 ft

1301 Market Street

1301 Market -Tower Perspective

1301 Market

1301 Market Street

Quote:
West Conshohocken-based developer Oliver Tyrone Pulver Corp. is under contract to acquire the long-vacant lot at 13th and Market Streets near City Hall, with plans for a 38-story office tower at the site, the company said in a release Monday.

The 840,000-square-foot 1301 Market Street Building, to be designed by architecture firm Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, should be ready for occupancy in early 2020, the developer said. The glass-sheathed office building also will include retail space, two landscaped outdoor roof terraces, and other amenities, it said.
http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...City-Hall.html

Last edited by summersm343; Oct 25, 2022 at 4:49 PM.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 5:23 PM

I give it a 40% chance of actually being built.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 5:23 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quite decent. Extracted rendering from link above.

Address being: PHILADELPHIA | 1301 Market Street | FT | 38 FLOORS

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 5:27 PM

For some context, the current Aramark building which would be next to it stands at 412' with 32 floors.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christof View Post
I give it a 40% chance of actually being built.
Seriously? Just stop already with your damn negative attitude. It's annoying that you post on every thread with this nonsense.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Seriously? Just stop already with your damn negative attitude. It's annoying that you post on every thread with this nonsense.
Caruso says that the pictures are fake. Anyway, a very "back to the future" look. Reminds me of some seventies/eighties buildings on Park Ave. I hope they consider a retail component as interest in this develops, but this seems like a no-brainer spot for a decent office building.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
In fairness Summer, 40% is pretty optimistic for christof.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle View Post
In fairness Summer, 40% is pretty optimistic for christof.
Very true hahaha

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 5:47 PM

This is awesome! I love that it would be the tallest building east of Broad. I think we should all be very happy with this design, as well. This was a sad parking lot for a long time.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 5:49 PM
BANNED

This was posted by the Inquirer about an hour ago. Does Inga hate it yet?

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 5:50 PM

If this happens and they do some kind of beer garden or restaurant on the top of the podium even better.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 5:53 PM
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
I hope they consider a retail component as interest in this develops
From the article:
Quote:
The glass-sheathed office building also will include retail space, two landscaped outdoor roof terraces, and other amenities, it said.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 6:00 PM

New Philadelphia office tower planned for prime location

Quote:
Developer Don Pulver is proposing to construct a 38-story office tower on what is now a surface lot at 13th and Market streets in Philadelphia.

Pulver has put the site under agreement with the Estate of Sam Rappaport, a notorious landlord in Philadelphia. Rappaport who, along with Richard Basciano, were known to own some of the city’s premier real estate properties and sat on them as slumlords until the market finally boosted their values. This parking lot is no different.

Steps away from City Hall as well as with access to the subway and other mass transit, it’s an obvious location for new development but, in spite of that, nothing has happened on the property. With the upswing in interest in the East Market area of Philadelphia and more than $1 billion in development proposed or underway there, the value of the property has risen and Oliver Tyrone Pulver Corp. is seeking to seize on those market conditions.

“Everyone is there,” he said.

Pulver declined to disclose how much he is paying for the 35,000-square-foot parcel, which is zoned CMX-5. The proposed building would cost hundreds of millions of dollars and would total 840,000 square feet. Most of the space would be dedicated to offices but a portion would have retail and related amenities.

Pulver and his company are better known for developing the Tower Bridge office complex in Conshohocken and West Conshohocken and, in Philadelphia, the company developed 1600 Market St. and 1234 Market, which is across the street from this surface lot. While Pulver flirted in recent years with constructing an office building on the far edges of West Market Street, the developer hasn’t embarked on a building in Center City in decades. Oliver Tyrone Pulver constructed 1234 Market in 1975. That speaks more to the nature of Philadelphia’s office market and the lack of demand for new space.

Pulver is seeking to pre-lease a significant portion of the building before breaking ground on it and believes there are plenty of tenants milling about to eventually kick it off.

“It depends on the overall national economy and we’re pretty bullish on the national economy,” he said.

Pulver expects the next year will be spent taking the property through the approval process as well as doing pre-development and design work. It would be ready for occupancy in early 2020. Skidmore Owings & Merrill is the architect and has designed Oliver Tyrone Pulver’s Tower Bridge buildings.
http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelp...ty-market.html

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 6:08 PM

This is stellar news...and although I am getting tired of glass sheathed buildings, this is a perfect location for one. It will be a nice contrast of old and new.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 6:16 PM

Fuck ya finally!

Just getting this property out of Rappaport's hands is a big victory. I love the glass, the height, developer's enthusiasm for signing a tenant, and the fact that it's going to add office east of Broad. Aramark's decision to leave Market East, I thought, was the death knell of office jobs in that area; yes, the retail is improving and we're getting more residential, but I think it's important to have a truly mixed use neighborhood. A 500 foot office tower will do wonders. But it will have competition from the Aramark Tower, which will have a lot of vacant space after Aramark leaves. If both these towers can get big office tenants (preferably from the burbs or outside the region), that will be a huge shot in the arm and will signal to developers that there is room for office both west AND east of Broad.

Nevertheless, this feels good. After the disappointing news on 1911 Walnut, I needed this. I think we all did.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 6:21 PM

The location, the infill, the height are all great. I like the elevated roof garden... But I gotta say, unless the full 360 rendering shows off other details, seems a bit boring.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
I don't like that they're replacing part of Market, 13th and Penn Square with a mote. It will really dampen the pedestrian experience.

In all seriousness this is great. With everything going in on Market Street, it really is the perfect time for this project. with the W coming up and the Aramark sign coming down (I assume), the skyline around City Hall is going to be unrecognizable soon.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPhillyBoy View Post
From the article:
Thanks. Great idea to actually read the article!

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 6:33 PM

Speaking of Aramark, we all saw what happened at 2400 Market. Don't get too hung up on the design or height until a tenant is signed. I didn't see anywhere in the article stating the height, the square footage could change, and I'm sure this isn't the final design.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
Speaking of Aramark, we all saw what happened at 2400 Market. Don't get too hung up on the design or height until a tenant is signed. I didn't see anywhere in the article stating the height, the square footage could change, and I'm sure this isn't the final design.
Office space square footage was actually increased at 2400 Market... it was the apartment/residential component that was nixed. I don't see the same thing happening here at all.

If anything, they'll sign a tenant for 60% of the office space and fill the rest with smaller firms.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals