HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Dec 21, 2015, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
This building would be 1080 feet and they want it chopped down to 378 when there is already a 921 foot building (not too much shorter than 1080) downtown?

The FAA is a joke, how about pilots just not fly planes into buildings the same way they don't just fly them into the ground or mountains. I can understand if a building is very close to the airport but this is in the middle of a city. Freakin' c'mon.
I live within 3 miles of Love Field, Oak Lawn to be exact, and when they take off to the south, which is about 65-70% of the time with the wind, planes are already pushing over 3,000ft above ground downtown. I know the FAA requires certain safety cushion benchmarks, but this is over a half mile south of the runway approach.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2015, 1:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
I live within 3 miles of Love Field, Oak Lawn to be exact, and when they take off to the south, which is about 65-70% of the time with the wind, planes are already pushing over 3,000ft above ground downtown. I know the FAA requires certain safety cushion benchmarks, but this is over a half mile south of the runway approach.
^^^^^^^

Exactly. The FAA's initial response is a complete crock.

I'm sure Harwood International will not let the FAA's initial response be the last word on their Forum towers .... they have too much clout and influence in the City and region.

The Perot site (which has UNLIMITED height available to it) is literally across Woodall Rodgers Freeway a block south from where Harwood Forum will rise.

So how can Harwood Forum be a flight problem when UNLIMITED building height is permissible merely a block further south?

Makes the FAA look even more inept as the Federal Government is viewed as a whole.

I honestly think that the regional FAA office (which is based in Ft. Worth) is letting regional rivalry influence them on some of this because the wording they used for their response was actually pretty awkward and almost hesitant as if to say "no, but if you really want it and push hard to get it it could happen".

If Harwood International wants to build their supertalls it WILL happen.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2015, 12:08 AM
high five!

Land where one of the potential Hardwood Forum towers could go will be for sale once Firebird moves to their new location.

Quote:
Karns said eventually those 3.5-acre restaurant buildings with their large surface parking lots will be redeveloped for high-rises.

“That will be a landmark deal – a skyline changer,” Karns said. “But we couldn’t get into the market with that site in this cycle.”
http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...el-fenix.html/

Old Posted Dec 24, 2015, 6:42 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
I hope this doesn't impede this awesome project. I would love to see this built in Dallas.

If the FAA finally came to their senses with all the Miami projects why are they bringing their BS here?

Old Posted Dec 28, 2015, 3:42 AM

I remember there was a huge kerfuffle back in the early '60s when Republic National Bank added its tower and then First National Bank built what was at the time the tallest building west of the Mississippi, topping the Humble building in Houston by a whopping 20'. The FAA swore up and down that both towers would prove terrible hazards for planes leaving or approaching Love Field from the south. They never did, but at the time, the FAA was trying to force the closure of Love Field.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 5:01 PM

Have there been any updates to this?

Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 3:16 AM
The Vomit Bag.

is this proposal dead?

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
is this proposal dead?
Looks like it.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals