HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jul 28, 2007, 2:03 PM

it looks like they did put tiles on swimming pool patio.

this area is becoming like a strip. when all is built it is going to be be a nice destination.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2007, 3:01 PM
Urban Explorer

Twelve looking good at night

Last night the spire was lit up in a bright blue color - it looked pretty good. Now they just need to have it lit all the way to the tip and we'll be in business.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2007, 4:35 PM

they still digging the ground for the second tower

Old Posted Jul 31, 2007, 5:50 PM

Here's the website to see activity anytime you want:

http://oxblue.com/client/novare/twelve/

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Aug 2, 2007, 4:06 AM
Atlanta Native

The water in the pool is purdy hehehe : ) Novare has really started to grow on me I must say this has got to be one of my favorite projects in the city.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2007, 2:54 PM

yes looks cool. 2 swimming pools are planned.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2007, 5:27 PM

TwelveCP's tower is under construction

If there was any doubt before, it should be erased by the current excavation of the north tower foundation. If you look at the Oxblue webcam, you can see the timber lagging shoring wall appearing as the excavation deepens. This is great to see!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2007, 7:39 PM

I'll wait for an official announcement, don't want to suffer the embarrassment of "premature excavation".

Old Posted Aug 5, 2007, 8:34 PM

that area where they working on right now is planned for garages anyway. building is more closer to hotel.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2007, 9:11 PM

The north tower and the parking decks below share the same ground, so the foundation for one is the foundation for both. Besides, if the north-end parking garages were part of phase one, I would think B&G would have excavated the entire foundation at the same time, rather than waiting until the hotel tower was finished before digging the foundation for the remainder of its parking decks. With the installation of timber lagging shoring walls around this new and deeper excavation -- not to mention the nearby staging of rebar column sets -- this looks like new construction. I would expect to hear something from Novare soon.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 12:53 PM

im sure there are some experts in constructions here so they can explain what is going on. we only guess here. something is going on.

anyway i like this building better than trump towers. it is not cheesy like TRUMP buildings in midtown and overall it is a better value cause TRUMP will be expensive but you do not get much more than TWELVE!

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 5:06 PM
Urban Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAtlanta View Post
im sure there are some experts in constructions here so they can explain what is going on. we only guess here. something is going on.

anyway i like this building better than trump towers. it is not cheesy like TRUMP buildings in midtown and overall it is a better value cause TRUMP will be expensive but you do not get much more than TWELVE!
Two things:
1) Many people here ARE experts in construction, and know exactly what's going on.

2) Comparing Trump Towers to Twelve is rediculous. One is a high-quality design with high-quality materials, and is priced accordingly. The other is bare-bones, as-cheap-as-possible post-modern crap. It, also, is priced accordingly. Could I afford to buy a condo at Trump? No chance. But I can't imagine how you could say Twelve is a better building.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gttx View Post
Two things:
1) Many people here ARE experts in construction, and know exactly what's going on.

2) Comparing Trump Towers to Twelve is rediculous. One is a high-quality design with high-quality materials, and is priced accordingly. The other is bare-bones, as-cheap-as-possible post-modern crap. It, also, is priced accordingly. Could I afford to buy a condo at Trump? No chance. But I can't imagine how you could say Twelve is a better building.
sorry TRUMP has probably more SHINE and it is more modern design but TWELVE has all TRUMP has just leave BS and his name that he sold to some developer in Atlanta so people think that is something special. He is not even building it. He only sells his name so the developer can put on his building.

TRUMP will overcharge you and you will have same quality of building as TWELVE. Plus Twelve has W hotel next door and it is better location. TRUMP will just inflate his building, so he can sell you for more $$$.
Thats about it. TRUMP is not better quality. Just PIMPED UP VERSION OF TWELVE.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 7:11 PM
Urban Explorer

Quote:
TRUMP is not better quality.
It's hard to argue with all the facts you present.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 7:25 PM

Quote:
TRUMP is not better quality. Just PIMPED UP VERSION OF TWELVE.
I won't take this comment seriously until TRUMP has spinners and gold teeth.....who's with me?

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 8:20 PM

Quote:
sorry TRUMP has probably more SHINE and it is more modern design but TWELVE has all TRUMP has just leave BS and his name that he sold to some developer in Atlanta so people think that is something special. He is not even building it. He only sells his name so the developer can put on his building.

TRUMP will overcharge you and you will have same quality of building as TWELVE. Plus Twelve has W hotel next door and it is better location. TRUMP will just inflate his building, so he can sell you for more $$$.
Not even Donald Trump can completely fool the marketplace, especially a market consisting of discriminating buyers who are carefully weighing the expenditure of $1,000,000 to $2,000,000+ in a competitive cycle. No amount of "shine" or "pimping up" is going to fool that many people into overpaying for the same product they could buy for a quarter of the cost. Top end buyers are astute and demanding customers -- and if you don't believe me, go build a big-ticket business catering to the affluent market and then come back and tell me what chumps they are! Except for the occasional athlete or lottery winner, most of them made their fortunes because they happen to be pretty astute.

Like The Mansion, St. Regis and One Museum Place (Wieland's perhaps being at the highest extreme), Trump Towers is targeting a group which is accustomed to ultra-custom homes with the best of everything. Concrete and glass shells are just the starting point, so for these condos to attract willing buyers at prices in the millions, they will have to include the very best of materials and workmanship, along with common amenities that "regular" buyers might not appreciate and could certainly never afford. Otherwise, they will not sell to the high-end luxury market.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 11:53 PM

I definately think Trump's ability to attract buyers in droves is highly overrated on these message boards.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2007, 12:06 AM
Urban Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
I definately think Trump's ability to attract buyers in droves is highly overrated on these message boards.
Certainly - the sales so far are proof of that.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2007, 1:12 AM

Quote:

I agree with you. Building structures are the same with steel and concrete unless Trump uses marble. Interior could be different. However you don't get money out of it. I prefer Twelve's location. When the area is built out, it will be nicer.

Last edited by CityFan; Aug 8, 2007 at 2:55 AM.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2007, 1:35 AM

Last edited by DoteDote; Sep 19, 2007 at 3:41 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive