HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted May 1, 2024, 12:10 AM
I like Highrises & GD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyBilly View Post
That’s my bad, I edited that, I meant the project as a whole is under construction, not the tower. They’re gonna wait with the tower until phase 1 and 2 are complete. Can’t wait until that tower pokes out of garden city, it’ll be a weird place for a tower but cool nonetheless.
That's OK . Just make sure that it specifies that only phases 1 and 2 are under construction, not the tower.

Old Posted May 1, 2024, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxo View Post
I saw a post by Boisebro 2 months ago saying that the ICCU tower crane should be up soon, so I am wondering if anyone knows when it goes up?
It appears, per Sawtooth's photos of that construction site that they are moving along and the crane will probably go up soon.

Also, thanks again for the outstanding photos Sawtooth! You add so much to our local forums.

Old Posted May 1, 2024, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
Also, thanks again for the outstanding photos Sawtooth! You add so much to our local forums.
Yes, thank you Sawtooth! They're amazing and I love looking through them.

Also, I wanted to take a moment and recognize how friendly our forum is. I flip through our neighboring cities forums and am constantly amazed how hostile posters there can be. Thanks all for keeping this a civil/friendly thread!

Old Posted May 1, 2024, 3:53 PM

I agree, I am not currently in Boise (in College in Moscow) and I love being able to check in on what's happening at home. Thanks for the photos guys!

Old Posted May 1, 2024, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBuildings2020 View Post
I agree, I am not currently in Boise (in College in Moscow) and I love being able to check in on what's happening at home. Thanks for the photos guys!
That makes 2 of us!

Old Posted May 1, 2024, 5:57 PM
I like Highrises & GD

Thank you Sawtooth for posting all the pictures. Without your pictures, the Boise forum would not be nearly as active.

Old Posted May 1, 2024, 9:04 PM

Always grateful for the photos Sawtooth shares with us here. The Boise thread is consistently constructive and kind. You all are the best, and these are exciting times for new developments in the city!

Old Posted May 2, 2024, 3:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
It appears, per Sawtooth's photos of that construction site that they are moving along and the crane will probably go up soon.

I was told a few months ago from a friend of mine who knows the owners of Seide Crane Inc. was quoted as saying that the crane to be going up at ICCU job site is a brand new ( to the company ) 250' tall crane and should be rising mid May or sooner weather permitting , i'm hoping by next week seems like all the deep pilings are finished , then soon St.Lukes new addition should probably have two huge cranes , as well as the New YMCA/senior housing apartment /office buildings exciting times for our beautiful city rising like no other times in our lives , the defunct , scraped Boise tower , the downtown mall that was once proposed wouldn't that of been a mess back in the early 70's to the 80's good greif !!

Old Posted May 2, 2024, 4:13 PM

https://www.wired.com/story/tech-jobs-boise-idaho/

BUSINESSJAN 17, 2024 7:00 AM
Why Tech Workers Are Ditching Big Cities for Boise
Idaho’s capital city is seeing an influx of young people as they apply for tech jobs away from big coastal cities amid massive layoffs and a disillusion with Big Tech.

Quote:
Boise’s population has grown to 235,000 people, up 30,000 since 2010. A 2022 report found that Idaho had the second largest increase in tech jobs of any US state. With more affordable living costs, Boise is drawing tech workers who want a blend of nature, city life, and work-life balance alongside stability and opportunity.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:29 AM

Growing Boise

Downtown Boise view with growing skyline. Building boom along 11th & 12th streets is beautiful, and is not over. Arthur Apartments on 12th & Idaho, and 11th & Idaho office building and Boise Plaza (Boise Cascade} are three well designed buildings.

Last edited by Architecture Design; Yesterday at 5:40 AM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:55 AM

Fun fact, the Boise Plaza building was designed by Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill architecture firm. This is the same firm that designed the Sears tower in Chicago, the 1 World Trade center in NYC, and the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, among countless other famous projects. Although our tiny building is not as impressive, I still think it's cool to have such a renowned architecture firm involved in our cityscape. That being said, the Boise Plaza is rather fascinating, definitely recommend looking at pictures of the interior for those who are unfamiliar with it!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West