HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

    Renaissance Plaza Tower [1] in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #41  
Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 10:06 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,775
Article on this today:

http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelp...or-former.html

A bunch of renderings on this from Alesker & Dundon

http://www.aleskerdundon.com/portfol...aissance-plaza
     
     
  #42  
Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 10:22 PM
Busy Bee's Avatar
Busy Bee Busy Bee is offline
Leftist Correctist
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: on the artistic spectrum
Posts: 6,112
^I wish I could say this was getting better but it just looks like textbook blah. Save for a few minor details it looks like it could have been proposed in 1980.
__________________
Trumpism is the road to ruin
     
     
  #43  
Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 10:23 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
^I wish I could say this was getting better but it just looks like textbook blah. Save for a few minor details it looks like it could have been proposed in 1980.
While the towers are ugly, this development would be transformative for the area if built.
     
     
  #44  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 12:24 AM
buildup buildup is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,914
Looking at the more detailed renderings, build the 2 south towers. They are the better looking ones of the group. Combine the other 2 towers into something much taller.
     
     
  #45  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 4:07 AM
Cro Burnham's Avatar
Cro Burnham Cro Burnham is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: delco
Posts: 2,396
*sigh*

Our annual PR yelp by Carl Marks Co (who the fk are they anyway?) to remind us of their fictional relevance in the Philly (or any) real estate scene.

When will they just flip the damn property to spare us decades more goofy proposals?

This . . . is shitpile hallucination good description? . . . is about as transformational as my left ass cheek.
     
     
  #46  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 1:07 PM
Insoluble Insoluble is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cro Burnham View Post
*sigh*

Our annual PR yelp by Carl Marks Co (who the fk are they anyway?) to remind us of their fictional relevance in the Philly (or any) real estate scene.

When will they just flip the damn property to spare us decades more goofy proposals?

This . . . is shitpile hallucination good description? . . . is about as transformational as my left ass cheek.
Pretty much this. This thread is fun to read if only to compare the ridiculous renderings that come out every year or two. And of Course PhilaPhilia has some of the back story on Carl Marks Co.'s previous proposal for this lot: http://philaphilia.blogspot.com/2011...ember-1st.html
     
     
  #47  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 1:51 PM
josef's Avatar
josef josef is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Collingswood
Posts: 876
This has the aesthetic of a housing project for rich people, complete with shady inner courtyard.
__________________
South Jerseyist
     
     
  #48  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 2:08 PM
Flyers2001 Flyers2001 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 829
Many projects with renderings as "blah" and uninspiriling like this have turned out better than originally thought. While the design may not be the best, this would indeed make a huge mark on the waterfront and start to connect the huge developments that are taking place along Del Ave.

There is a good amount of town homes being completed behind this site and about 1/2 mile south of the site. This projects ground floor retail would have a huge chance to be successful with the amount of people moving to the area and the lack retail close by.
     
     
  #49  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 2:25 PM
mmikeyphilly mmikeyphilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2001 View Post
Many projects with renderings as "blah" and uninspiriling like this have turned out better than originally thought. While the design may not be the best, this would indeed make a huge mark on the waterfront and start to connect the huge developments that are taking place along Del Ave.

There is a good amount of town homes being completed behind this site and about 1/2 mile south of the site. This projects ground floor retail would have a huge chance to be successful with the amount of people moving to the area and the lack retail close by.
How many times have we "looked forward to having this built?" Please surprise us and show us the "wolf" will ya? It's not even funny anymore.
__________________
whatever
     
     
  #50  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 2:40 PM
mmikeyphilly mmikeyphilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cro Burnham View Post
*sigh*

Our annual PR yelp by Carl Marks Co (who the fk are they anyway?) to remind us of their fictional relevance in the Philly (or any) real estate scene.

When will they just flip the damn property to spare us decades more goofy proposals?

This . . . is shitpile hallucination good description? . . . is about as transformational as my left ass cheek.
Well said Cro! I couldn't have said it better. I can think of 10 clichés off the top of my head every time they come out with a new version of their "renderings".
1. S**t or get off the pot was my first thought,
2. Seeing is believing, and the other 8 are censored type phrases, but you get the idea.
__________________
whatever
     
     
  #51  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2014, 2:13 AM
Flyers2001 Flyers2001 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmikeyphilly View Post
How many times have we "looked forward to having this built?" Please surprise us and show us the "wolf" will ya? It's not even funny anymore.
Why don't you tell us how many times "you" have looked forward to this being built.
     
     
  #52  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2014, 9:21 PM
mmikeyphilly mmikeyphilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2001 View Post
Why don't you tell us how many times "you" have looked forward to this being built.
Flyers2001, I truly apologize. I didn't mean for it to come off like I was "attacking" you for your enthusiasm. After reading the post again, I sound mean. But I'm not, really. Again, please accept my sincerest apology?
What I was trying to express, was that this developer has been around for not years, but decades with this project. In and out of the courts, etc. and lately decided "again" to focus on Camden for a World Trade Center?!? I just wish the developer could get their act together, and stay focused on getting this moving forward, once and for all. (Flyers2001 )
__________________
whatever
     
     
  #53  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 1:32 PM
Flyers2001 Flyers2001 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmikeyphilly View Post
Flyers2001, I truly apologize. I didn't mean for it to come off like I was "attacking" you for your enthusiasm. After reading the post again, I sound mean. But I'm not, really. Again, please accept my sincerest apology?
What I was trying to express, was that this developer has been around for not years, but decades with this project. In and out of the courts, etc. and lately decided "again" to focus on Camden for a World Trade Center?!? I just wish the developer could get their act together, and stay focused on getting this moving forward, once and for all. (Flyers2001 )
No issues, I understand. I wonder how developers could keep spending the money for renderings and licenses and do nothing with the land. Seems like such a waste of energy, money and time.
     
     
  #54  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 3:55 PM
mmikeyphilly mmikeyphilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2001 View Post
No issues, I understand. I wonder how developers could keep spending the money for renderings and licenses and do nothing with the land. Seems like such a waste of energy, money and time.
I know, they're possibly using those costs as a tax write off so they don't have to take a beating on the land taxes? Who knows? Nice to see you Flyers2001
__________________
whatever
     
     
  #55  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 7:50 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,775
Article about this.

No set date for construction yet. Financing is being sought now.

http://planphilly.com/articles/2014/...aissance-plaza
     
     
  #56  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 10:41 PM
Kidphilly Kidphilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Article about this.

No set date for construction yet. Financing is being sought now.

http://planphilly.com/articles/2014/...aissance-plaza
Is it just me or on the street level this actually looks decent
     
     
  #57  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 11:56 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidphilly View Post
Is it just me or on the street level this actually looks decent
Agree. It would really do wonders for the area if this ever got off of the ground.
     
     
  #58  
Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 3:07 PM
Insoluble Insoluble is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 613
This new rendering is probably the best looking one they've released for this site in the past 20 years! Who knows, next year's rendering may be even better. Meanwhile the developer continues to remain a complete joke incapable of getting anything done. I'm hoping they prove me wrong since this much density would be terrific for the waterfront, but I'm still thinking that the best case scenario is that land value appreciates enough around there for them to finally flip the property to a competent developer.
     
     
  #59  
Old Posted Jul 24, 2014, 3:56 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,775
Article about this going before the ZBA:

Looks like the taller towers are 31 floors each and the shorter towers are 21 floors each

http://www.phillyliving.com/blog/201...pproval-today/
     
     
  #60  
Old Posted Jul 25, 2014, 4:49 PM
Flyers2001 Flyers2001 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 829
With 205 Race and One Water Sq. Progressing it might finally be the time to push ahead with this project. We will soon find out if the developer is real and committed to this project.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:25 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.