HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Oct 27, 2006, 10:12 PM
Endless Moments...

Vidorra Update (website)

I was looking online today, and they have updated the rendering of the tower on their (vidorra's web site). There is one question that comes to mind when i see this picture, and that is are they are really going to build the 2nd tower. I ask this because the building looks longer (has a wider foot print). Now i have driven by this area many times and it just does not seem that there is enough room to build two of the same towers if they are going to look like this. So i guess we shall see. Do miss the old towers though...

Vidorra

You have to go the link to see the rendering. I couldnt get it off the website. (Its in flash)

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 12:27 AM

It's a nice building.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 2:32 AM

Austin is whipping our Butt!!!!!SA needs to get with it.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 3:25 AM
BANNED

The more and more I read Paul's posts, the more and more I'm embarrassed he represents San Antonio on this forum.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 5:01 PM
Endless Moments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asobi Seksu
The more and more I read Paul's posts, the more and more I'm embarrassed he represents San Antonio on this forum.

Hmm now I think if anything you should be embarrassed by your own comments. Anyone can say what ever they want. So what if he doesn’t like it or likes it. These threads aren’t only for people who love everything; it’s a discussion and guess what goes on during a discussion DISAGREEMENT. I am not embarrassed at all by someone who voices their opinion, in fact more power to them...

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 5:55 PM

positives -
A 20 story building downtown will add to density
First true condo development which BETTER be the first of many more!

negatives -
Scaled down in height.
First design was better looking imo
Probably only one tower will be built

It's still better than nothing though.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 9:43 PM
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21bl0wed
First true condo development which BETTER be the first of many more!
Have you forgotten about La Cascada?

Anyway, I in no means think that this rendering is ugly, sure it's not as "whack, in your face" but it's not ugly.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 6:21 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex01

Hmm now I think if anything you should be embarrassed by your own comments. Anyone can say what ever they want. So what if he doesn’t like it or likes it. These threads aren’t only for people who love everything; it’s a discussion and guess what goes on during a discussion DISAGREEMENT.
So you're berating me for my post that does exactly that.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 4:59 AM
Meh

Hey man, Austin has some ugos, too. And not every building that comes along will make everyone happy, especially the first projects to come along and break into new territory. Architecture is art, some people will love it, while others will hate it.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 5:34 AM

I stopped by the sales center last week and they will be building the second tower. They told me they will break ground on tower one by the end of the year. Once tower one is 80% sold they will start taking reservations for tower two.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 8:25 AM

Lol this makes SA look even more like a joke. Weren't they supposed to originally build tower 1 with 60% of sales? And wasn't that supposed to be in september? Late september if i remember? Well now this new design sucks and I guess they are still struggling for the 60%...Why even think about a tower 2 when this one can't even get off the ground. Vidorra was something good that turned into a piece of **** real quick.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 9:14 AM
BANNED

21blow giving Paul major competition.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 2:53 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21bl0wed
And wasn't that supposed to be in september? Late september if i remember?
Don't pay much attention to groundbreaking dates. Those tend to change all the time with projects. Also, the media doesn't always get it right. Developers themselves have told me that they often get construction dates and project sizes, such as height, number of floors and units wrong. They're especially bad with numbers.

I've caught the Austin American-Statesman and the Austin Business Journal being incorrect about information more than a few times. Things like building names spelled wrong, or buildings that were talked about in different articles and had different floor numbers listed for them. To clear those issues up, I'd usually go straight to either the developer, or architect. They usually know what's going on, even more so than the sales office.

Last edited by KevinFromTexas; Oct 29, 2006 at 2:59 AM.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2008, 12:42 AM
Closed account

Location: Chicago(Palatine), San Antonio(78208), Piedras Negras, Mexico
Talking Fins!!

I wanted the buildings or original rendering with the FINS on the top of them. Those WERE the most unique condos I'd ever seen. Well, I'm not going to be a party pooper. So I'm just going to say, I DO like them. Looking on the bright side, they WILL have great views of the city.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 3:56 PM
SR United Balla

Come on Seksu, let them speak their mind. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 6:22 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nano
Come on Seksu, let them speak their mind. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I agree. Am I not entitled to my opinion?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 7:18 PM
SR United Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asobi Seksu
I agree. Am I not entitled to my opinion?
Sure you are, but this thread isnt about what you think about the other members of the board, its a general discussion of the project. Not other members and what you think of them.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 6:22 PM
The Space Pope

I don't think the sales office is really sure what they are doing. How can tower 2 be built when the new rendering is 2 1/2 times as wide as any one tower in the old design? Use the structures at the bottom of the rendering for reference. They are two tiny old homes along Center St. You can see that the new structure clearly covers most of the block where the "twin towers" were thinner and had room to sit side by side. There will be only one tower......it's like they sat both buildings side by side and connected them.....................right? Or am I seeing things that aren't there?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 7:10 PM

I think that this building looks great and will add some life to the other side of I-37 and Sunset Station. The newer floor plans look great as well. I look forward to seeing the whole area getting revitalized.

I tend to agree with Asobi Seksu on comments made by others. It makes the writer of the post look childish and the city they represent look petty and jealous. Just my opinion.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 10:04 PM
Bears of antiquity

I like it.

Trust me-- after a while you get tired of condo buildings with fins. It's the "thing" to do nowadays.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio