HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 5:57 AM

Hmmm, I keep coming back to this one. I liked the open feel to the Riverwalk of the original, but I also like the increased height, balance of this new rendering.

It's not groundbreaking, but it fits.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless 1 View Post
Hmmm, I keep coming back to this one. I liked the open feel to the Riverwalk of the original, but I also like the increased height, balance of this new rendering.

It's not groundbreaking, but it fits.
I need to see more renderings. The original design was thing of architectural beauty.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 3:30 PM
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynetwo View Post
I need to see more renderings. The original design was thing of architectural beauty.
Especially street level, Commerce renderings, plus the structure looking East.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 2:59 PM
James

Quick update.

Quote:
The 53-unit Floodgate apartment complex on the River Walk, whose developer, Keller Henderson, said it will offer rents at the until-now-unheard-of-rate of $4 a square foot, received a $3.9 million package in December, according to the city records.
Mysa.com article about incentives.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 6:34 PM

Nm

Old Posted May 19, 2018, 1:50 AM

15 or 17 Floors?

Has this project been upped to 17 floors??

Old Posted May 20, 2018, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSAView View Post
Has this project been upped to 17 floors??
From the prelim agenda, it looks like it has! We should be seeing the final agenda with renderings soon (I think it comes out Friday before the HDRC meeting). I'm hoping that the design gets better than version 2.0 we saw with 15 floors. 1.0 was REALLY cool. It's going to be a pretty cool stretch of street with the hotel going up and Main Plaza across the way!

Old Posted May 20, 2018, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2008 View Post
From the prelim agenda, it looks like it has! We should be seeing the final agenda with renderings soon (I think it comes out Friday before the HDRC meeting). I'm hoping that the design gets better than version 2.0 we saw with 15 floors. 1.0 was REALLY cool. It's going to be a pretty cool stretch of street with the hotel going up and Main Plaza across the way!

The hotel? Do you mean the Cambria? Is that project still a green light?

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSAView View Post
The hotel? Do you mean the Cambria? Is that project still a green light?
I’m guessing he means the Canopy, which is literally right next door.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 4:38 PM
Meh

Here's the HDRC presentation. It doesn't include much that we haven't already seen.

https://sanantonio.legistar.com/Legi...tions=&Search=

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Here's the HDRC presentation. It doesn't include much that we haven't already seen.

https://sanantonio.legistar.com/Legi...tions=&Search=
That looks to be what they submitted in March, before the revised design and added height.

Surely they’ll have something new to submit to the upcoming HDRC meeting they’re on?

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 5:49 PM

With the Solodad hotel, Canopy Hotel, the Cambria (if still to be built) and the Floodgate (I believe), I am wondering how this area is going to be supported without any new parking structures. The new Frost Tower adds in new nighttime parking, but during the day...that still remains to be seen. It is hard to put in parking on some of those lots right on the River, but this might be a serious issue come a year or two from now, especially with special events that go on downtown, particularly Fiesta. On that note, this will just be another reason for parking to go up again (this year was really bad with some places charging between 30-40) with more limiting parking spaces soon to be present.

Only just recently, with the San Pedro Creek ceremony, some places (area new CPS) were charging $20 for single parking. This was absolutely absurd for a public park opening, regardless of the area around the park being private. This might be one of the downfalls for this park - absurd parking rates in and around the park equals limiting attendance which equals failing public spaces.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 7:25 PM

Take the bus. Problem solved.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 7:34 PM
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
With the Solodad hotel, Canopy Hotel, the Cambria (if still to be built) and the Floodgate (I believe), I am wondering how this area is going to be supported without any new parking structures. The new Frost Tower adds in new nighttime parking, but during the day...that still remains to be seen. It is hard to put in parking on some of those lots right on the River, but this might be a serious issue come a year or two from now, especially with special events that go on downtown, particularly Fiesta. On that note, this will just be another reason for parking to go up again (this year was really bad with some places charging between 30-40) with more limiting parking spaces soon to be present.

Only just recently, with the San Pedro Creek ceremony, some places (area new CPS) were charging $20 for single parking. This was absolutely absurd for a public park opening, regardless of the area around the park being private. This might be one of the downfalls for this park - absurd parking rates in and around the park equals limiting attendance which equals failing public spaces.
Find street parking, I paid $2 for one hour.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
Find street parking, I paid $2 for one hour.
Oh, I paid .30 cents per hour. I was lucky. Last space in the lot. But the point was parking being limited, and I know downtown well. Most don't, most are from out of town. It's off putting for many. And counterproductive to what downtown is trying to become.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 8:07 PM
James

Quote:
Oh, I paid .30 cents per hour. I was lucky. Last space in the lot. But the point was parking being limited, and I know downtown well. Most don't, most are from out of town. It's off putting for many. And counterproductive to what downtown is trying to become.
True. But still... it's like that in most downtowns. I feel like this project is going to have to find more parking for tenants now that I think about it.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
No, using up more space for cars is counterproductive to what downtown is trying to become.

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 2:47 AM

Quote:

UBER!

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 3:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
No, using up more space for cars is counterproductive to what downtown is trying to become.
I find it funny that your avatar is a car, but you seem to hate cars. Irony aside, San Antonio is a car centric city. It is impossible to change that quickly. Most San Antonio residents, by a big margin, live, and work, outside the CBD. Even with the moves of USAA, and the building of the Frost Tower, the demographics don't change.

Believe me, I understand, but San Antonio will never be a Downtown centered, car-less society. San Antonio is the least likely in Texas to get there. Dallas is landlocked for that very reason.

The vast majority of SA residents reside outside the CBD. Residential activity may very well increase within this district, but it won't alleviate the amount of people, who all see DT as theirs, from wanting to come there.

Or are you advocating DT become so expensive, that the Southside, Westside, and Eastside, need not come?[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Restless 1; May 22, 2018 at 4:22 AM.

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 6:16 AM
Meh

Ride your bike down there. I LOVE bike rides in San Antonio. Whenever I'm in town and over at the Freeman Coliseum, I ride my bike from there to downtown - taking the Hays Street Bridge along the way.

Thou shall not indict

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio