HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Waterview Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 8:39 PM

Lots of speculation, rumor and discussion over the last several pages of posts here and some of it not going maybe the way it should have. I apologize for any misunderstandings on my end. I want this building to rise up and be heard. Thank you all for your posts and input.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 9:18 PM

.......Good News !!!!!!!!!!! The Tribune is reporting that Teng has his financing !!! ....see the B Kamin "Skyline" Blog......the Tower will be completed !!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 9:22 PM

I told you

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/theskyline/
Troubled Waterview tower appears back on track

The developers of Chicago's Waterview tower, a 90-story hotel-condominium skyscraper that appeared to be in financial trouble last week because of the credit crunch, said today that they now have construction financing that will allow the project to move forward.

The developers, Chicago-based Teng, e-mailed reporters a news relase from Beijing Construction Engineering Group Co., Ltd. The release says that the Beijing Construction Engineering Group and its American subsidiary have arranged for more than $300 million in consturction financing to complete the project.

Take that Roeder you douche.

Last edited by BVictor1; Apr 15, 2008 at 9:44 PM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 9:25 PM
devout Pizzatarian

FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!

we've been waiting for this financing announcement for a LONG time now. i hope this announcment is the real deal and not just a PR attempt to deflect the negative blow-back from roeder's article last week.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 9:27 PM

..........so what is the "other large project" that is also rumored to be in trouble and in need of financing ? .....it was mentioned a few posts back ?

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 9:29 PM

Smile

glad to hear the good news too! It would have been a great loss for Chicago if the Waterview wouldn´t have been finished.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 9:30 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk1103 View Post
..........so what is the "other large project" that is also rumored to be in trouble and in need of financing ? .....it was mentioned a few posts back ?
The other tower isnt mentioned to be in trouble, just looking for financing. I had suspicions that Asian companies might come through and see the potential after the encouraging things jaroslaw said. I dont doubt that they see potential in certain other projects. One major one down, one even major one to go!

Last edited by CenIL_LA; Apr 16, 2008 at 3:20 PM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 9:38 PM
Deerhoof Evangelist

Good old hit-and-run Roeder.

Seems fair to ask that he diligently research the project before filing a story that would materially impact its viability? Or to take his journalistic ethics seriously enough not to lend the Sun-Times imprimatur to rumor & innuendo.

Last edited by wrab; Apr 15, 2008 at 10:10 PM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 9:39 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRWatcher View Post
I have heard the same supposed rumor that money is on the way and that there is about a one month "slow down" to finalize and fund the deal.
It cant get better than that!!!!!!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 9:44 PM

Quote:
.....I was actually thinking of Mandarin....

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 9:48 PM
Closed account

^ oh duh, i forgot all about that project because of its hidden location and loss from recent memory. Could very well be

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 10:06 PM

AWESOME

haha made my day!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 10:09 PM
BANNED

Guys, you are forgetting the majorist project of all that is looking for financing...

He never said the other project was in trouble (like mandarin) just that it was looking for financing, which also suggests it may already be U/C...

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 10:12 PM
Deerhoof Evangelist

^You mean like the Spire?

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 10:12 PM
Closed account

Quote:
OH GOD i hope its not the Chicago Spire!!!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 10:19 PM
BANNED

^^^ Settle down, no one suggested the spire was in trouble, if anything it might be the other large project that is about to get final financing, which would be a very very good thing...

Yes, I suggested that CS might be the other large project that has been looking for financing that may be about to get it. Mandarin is a possibility, but I don't think that is likely...

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 10:23 PM
devout Pizzatarian

guys, let's cut the useless speculation on what the other mystery project might be. this thread is about waterview tower. it appears as though teng may have finally gotten the financing agreement it has long desired. let's keep it on topic.

if you want to talk about the chicago spire, go to the chicago spire thread.

if you want to talk about mandarin oriental, go to the mandarin oriental thread.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 10:29 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
we've been waiting for this financing announcement for a LONG time now. i hope this announcment is the real deal and not just a PR attempt to deflect the negative blow-back from roeder's article last week.

Yep, but a call to the bank could clear that up.

So, the irony of these few turbulent days in Skyscrapergeekland is that perhaps this project is on more solid footing than ever. Go figure!

I'm guessing Roeder will put a small little blurb at the bottom of his weekly column to describe some "newfound data."

"I often say, 'Look, see, enjoy, and love.' It's a long way from looking to loving, but it's worth the effort." - Walter Andrew Netsch Jr.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 10:35 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhereman1280 View Post
^^^ Settle down, no one suggested the spire was in trouble, if anything it might be the other large project that is about to get final financing, which would be a very very good thing...

Yes, I suggested that CS might be the other large project that has been looking for financing that may be about to get it. Mandarin is a possibility, but I don't think that is likely...
OH ok,, thats good to know that its not the CS, other than that today has been the best day in so long, the waterview might be completed afterall, i love this building, i live in miami now and i was raised in chicago, NOTHING like seeing my city grow in a healthy way, a building that will not only benefit the community but the ENVIROMENT< GREAT NEWS,

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 11:49 PM

Great news to hear Waterview is now back on track.
Vista Tower, Chicago 1,1199 ft UC 45 Broad St, New York 1,115 ft UC
9 DeKalb Ave, New York 1,066 ft 53W53, New York 1,050 ft UC

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive