HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Dec 19, 2020, 12:55 AM

I think this shows that our newly elected council just might be bringing some new ideas and perspectives to this city. I was happy to see they took admin's recommendation and declined to waive the 700K.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2020, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
I think this shows that our newly elected council just might be bringing some new ideas and perspectives to this city. I was happy to see they took admin's recommendation and declined to waive the 700K.
I was very happy to see this new Admin reject that $700k waiver Friday. Good start for this council in Regina.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2020, 2:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBean View Post
I was very happy to see this new Admin reject that $700k waiver Friday. Good start for this council in Regina.
It's too early to know if that was a good start. We now need to get an offer within $700K of that offer, without a waiver, in order for us to be ahead. That is not a certainty.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2020, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
It's too early to know if that was a good start. We now need to get an offer within $700K of that offer, without a waiver, in order for us to be ahead. That is not a certainty.
True. But personally, I (and I think many others) would not be as upset about waiving the $700k if there was an actual plan in place to develop something quickly. I don't think anyone actually believes that Merchant intended to build anything there, he wanted the property for the land value to resell in the future (and keep it as a revenue-neutral parking lot in the meantime).

Old Posted Dec 22, 2020, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
True. But personally, I (and I think many others) would not be as upset about waiving the $700k if there was an actual plan in place to develop something quickly. I don't think anyone actually believes that Merchant intended to build anything there, he wanted the property for the land value to resell in the future (and keep it as a revenue-neutral parking lot in the meantime).
That's a pretty fair point.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2020, 5:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
Yup. This was a municipal example of how we almost let a lawyer to essentially write their own laws in order for them and their partners to profit (in this case, starting with the parking lot exemption). It’s amazing certain people either are too naive to understand this happens all the time, or they don’t care. Either way, good on city council for having the courage to do what’s right.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2020, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
Yup. This was a municipal example of how we almost let a lawyer to essentially write their own laws in order for them and their partners to profit (in this case, starting with the parking lot exemption). It’s amazing certain people either are too naive to understand this happens all the time, or they don’t care. Either way, good on city council for having the courage to do what’s right.
I agree 100%

There are a few dreamers who think another grand project will come along, and soon. The reality is, there won't be. The economy sucks, and the future is uncertain. We don't need another hotel, restaurant(s) or pricey condos.

At least we will have a new McDonald's built on the exhibition grounds Could this be the biggest singular construction project of 2021? Just kidding. Or not.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2023, 4:08 PM

No parking: Former Capital Pointe site still not developed

https://www.cjme.com/2023/02/10/form...not-developed/

Old Posted Feb 11, 2023, 6:54 PM

Winnipeg really dodged a bullet by preventing Fortis from proceeding with SkyCity Centre back in 2018-19.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan