HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 28, 2023, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Statewide though when the feds are willing to kick in ?
Again, I will believe it when I see it. Sort of like when pigs fly too.

They have been talking a rail line between Nashville and Clarksville for years. Is that going to happen. Probably when pigs grow wings and learn how to fly as well.

There is no cooperation between the counties & cities other than a committee that meets for regional transit. All they do is agree to meet. Nothing has come out of it but empty ideas.

Freddie O'Connell the new mayor is planning on having a transit vote for Nashville this time next year, but we do not know what that will look like yet. I do not think that will be include much rail if any for Nashville. We have to get the core fixed before any regional transit solution can work for Nashville.

As far as rail for the rest of the state, we know how that works. The state will ignore anything the feds do until the funds come in and I do not think those funds will ever come. The state can't even fix the problem interstates right now. The improve act which was supposed to fix everything is basically out of money with more projects than money with no funding mechanism in place to do the work. The interstates between Clarksville and Nashville need to be widened, the downtown loop needs to be fixed, I 65 between Nashville & Huntsville & I 24 between Murfreesboro & Chattanooga all need to be expanded. The state under Lee seems to have this obsession to 4 lane highways in Podunk County TN in hopes of bringing industry to places where there are no people, schools or hospitals they closed. These are places where the HS dropout rate is 50% and the poverty rate is below the national average and the folks are leaving in droves. Spending money in the wrong places because Lee is a wannabe farmer.: runaway:

Old Posted Nov 28, 2023, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleron View Post
Again, I will believe it when I see it. Sort of like when pigs fly too.

They have been talking a rail line between Nashville and Clarksville for years. Is that going to happen. Probably when pigs grow wings and learn how to fly as well.

There is no cooperation between the counties & cities other than a committee that meets for regional transit. All they do is agree to meet. Nothing has come out of it but empty ideas.

Freddie O'Connell the new mayor is planning on having a transit vote for Nashville this time next year, but we do not know what that will look like yet. I do not think that will be include much rail if any for Nashville. We have to get the core fixed before any regional transit solution can work for Nashville.

As far as rail for the rest of the state, we know how that works. The state will ignore anything the feds do until the funds come in and I do not think those funds will ever come. The state can't even fix the problem interstates right now. The improve act which was supposed to fix everything is basically out of money with more projects than money with no funding mechanism in place to do the work. The interstates between Clarksville and Nashville need to be widened, the downtown loop needs to be fixed, I 65 between Nashville & Huntsville & I 24 between Murfreesboro & Chattanooga all need to be expanded. The state under Lee seems to have this obsession to 4 lane highways in Podunk County TN in hopes of bringing industry to places where there are no people, schools or hospitals they closed. These are places where the HS dropout rate is 50% and the poverty rate is below the national average and the folks are leaving in droves. Spending money in the wrong places because Lee is a wannabe farmer.: runaway:
My understanding is the federal funding of rail connection from Clarksville to Nashville was tied to Nashville's plan for local rail via Megan Barry's tenure. Basically, we'll fund $250m if you spend $5b.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2023, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaTN View Post
My understanding is the federal funding of rail connection from Clarksville to Nashville was tied to Nashville's plan for local rail via Megan Barry's tenure. Basically, we'll fund $250m if you spend $5b.
This was being talked about before she ever ran for mayor as proof in this story from 2014. From RT&S
https://www.rtands.com/passenger/com...to-be-studied/

This was not really a part of her plan as most of that service was outside of Davidson County and would not have been funded by the voters of Davidson County. The main cost of that infrastructure would have been to rebuild the line through Cheatham and Mongomery County as most of the track has been pulled up.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2024, 2:45 PM

Things are a bit slow right now but a major announcement this week and that being a 39 story St Regis hotel from Turnberry out of Miami. It will have 177 room and 111 luxury condos. Nashville will be the smallest market for the brand. A few of us have known about this one for a while but could not disclose the information.

Morris Ajmi out of NYC will be the architect and groundbreaking is expected in 2025. No rendering has been released yet. We are also hearing because of this that the Ritz may not be dead as this has invigorated investors for that project.

Hearing rumblings or rumors about another major project but nothing concrete. Only a word from someone that could be in the know and it was only a word or two. So that is all I know.

Preliminary work is about to start for the Titans stadium on the East Bank. Also, the RMR project on the East Bank is still moving forward but will require the rework of James Robertson PKWY AKA Main Street. The RMR project includes 8 to 10 mid to high-rise buildings where the old TA Truck stop was.

The Exxon site on Broadway has been sold to Endeavor out of Austin for 30 million. No plans have been announced but one or two high-rise buildings should rise there.

We should see at least 8 high-rise starts this year even in a down year.

CNBC released a new series "Cities of Success" kicking it off with Nashville.
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/15/cnbc...-business.html

Old Posted Jan 13, 2024, 7:24 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleron View Post
Things are a bit slow right now but a major announcement this week and that being a 39 story St Regis hotel from Turnberry out of Miami. It will have 177 room and 111 luxury condos. Nashville will be the smallest market for the brand. A few of us have known about this one for a while but could not disclose the information.

Morris Ajmi out of NYC will be the architect and groundbreaking is expected in 2025. No rendering has been released yet. We are also hearing because of this that the Ritz may not be dead as this has invigorated investors for that project.

Hearing rumblings or rumors about another major project but nothing concrete. Only a word from someone that could be in the know and it was only a word or two. So that is all I know.

Preliminary work is about to start for the Titans stadium on the East Bank. Also, the RMR project on the East Bank is still moving forward but will require the rework of James Robertson PKWY AKA Main Street. The RMR project includes 8 to 10 mid to high-rise buildings where the old TA Truck stop was.

The Exxon site on Broadway has been sold to Endeavor out of Austin for 30 million. No plans have been announced but one or two high-rise buildings should rise there.

We should see at least 8 high-rise starts this year even in a down year.

CNBC released a new series "Cities of Success" kicking it off with Nashville.
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/15/cnbc...-business.html
I'm excited for this project in general, and looking forward to the rendering, but expecting to feel somewhat indifferent to the design itself as I am about most of Morris Ajmi's work.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Feb 4, 2024, 2:49 PM

Updates on the East Bank from CityNowNext which is precise and easy to follow. Robert Looper has all of the information in the below articles with all of the updated information.

Also the new Tennessee Performing Arts Center will now apparently be built on the East Bank. The State added 200 million last year and 300 million this year for construction.

Updated Master Plan Resembles Original Concept Vs. RFP In East Bank Nashville. – CITY NOW NEXT https://citynownext.com/2024/01/25/u...le/#more-38283

Developer Moves Forward With Massive East Bank Development In Nashville. – CITY NOW NEXT https://citynownext.com/2022/11/14/d...-in-nashville/

Q&A: Why This Developer Remains Bullish On East Bank Nashville. – CITY NOW NEXT https://citynownext.com/2023/12/18/q...ank-nashville/

Series: Regional Transit Infrastructure Planned For The East Bank In Nashville. – CITY NOW NEXT https://citynownext.com/2023/09/07/s...-in-nashville/

As far as the Downtown area alone which is a small fraction of the urban core, the stats area is as follows:

Downtown has had $8.6 billion in public/private investments in last 5 years.

Downtown has $16 billion in construction planned in next 5 years.

This does not include our East Bank or Midtown areas.

Nashville Yards progress courtesy southwest value partners!

Old Posted Feb 4, 2024, 3:28 PM

What about this “rapid transit spine” I’m reading about for the East Bank ? BRT ?

In any case, if you’re building a new CBD from whole cloth, how hard would it be to incorporate something like that ?

Old Posted Feb 6, 2024, 2:24 PM

The following is from an NBJ article dated January 8th 2024.

"Metro is now taking bids from companies wanting to focus on the signature piece of infrastructure that will serve as the "spine" of the city's sweeping East Bank revitalization vision.
The new bid centers on an estimated 3-mile-long boulevard running through the heart of the East Bank, from Oracle Corp.'s planned office campus south to the other side of the Korean Veterans Boulevard bridge. The route is based on widening existing roads and also building new stretches of road where none exist today. It's envisioned as the central artery of an East Bank dotted with mixed-use development and the new $2.1 billion domed stadium for the Tennessee Titans — ferrying rapid buses in their own lanes as well as bicyclists, pedestrians and vehicles."

I do happen to know the first phase of this will only be a mile long stretch terminating at KVB.
There are a lot of unknowns at this point including what will happen with the James Robertson rebuild as this road will have to be entirely rebuilt and also the status of the CSX rail line as the cost to reroute that line is upward of a half billion dollars.

There is still the question of a new bridge over the Cumberland River on the south end as that has not even been addressed. The previous mayor was in favor the current mayor is not, but this project is going to outlast three maybe four mayors.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2024, 4:02 PM

Renderings were released for 118 16th Ave. S. on Music Row in Midtown. It will be 22 stories and 333 units, with 10,000 k retail. Project architect will be ESA and the developer is Hall Emory and Woodfield out of Atlanta.

Groundbreaking is expected to take place later this year with a completion in early 2027.

Also 1711 Broadway has started. Phase one is the bank portion, then the tower portion will start. 20 stories 396 units.

The Hilton Tempo at 20th & Hayes has also started. 12 stories 161 rooms.

Work recently started on the Holiday Inn Express on Elliston at 8 stories.

There were probably other construction starts besides these as I just do not keep track of them as well as I should for this site. I know the Link project at Vanderbilt has started as well as the Caldwell Hall number two at Belmont. The Link building is at a height of around 225’ and Caldwell Hall is 140’ and is the latest residence hall at Belmont in addition to the Medical college under construction there. This is not to mention the other high-rises under construction in the core.

5 City Blvd under Construction

The Link

Caldwell Hall 2

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 9:59 PM

Legislation moving forward for the East Bank projects.

If the article is not free yet it should be within 7 days.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...b722a8370.html

New images released for Mid City Nashville the GBT project at the Beaman site.

The project will be in two phases. The four tall boys in the upper portion will be in phase I and the 3 buildings in the lower section to be in the Phase II portion. All images courtesy of GBT & Gensler.

https://midcitynashville.com/

Somera Road Paseo Phase II moving forward.
https://citynownext.com/2024/02/26/d...le/#more-39105

Old Posted Mar 19, 2024, 1:32 PM

New renderings were released from S9 Architecture for the Reed District site here: image courtesy S 9 https://s9architecture.com/work/#/re...t-design-copy/

Note this will be right across the street from the above project at the Beaman site that the rendering was previously released this past month. https://imgur.com/461n5fY

The Nashville Post covered the story and a Hines spokesperson said they are still actively planning the site.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...0258969c3.html

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 9:07 PM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by [url
https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/project-long-eyed-for-midtown-remains-in-planning-stage/article_47206cfc-e2e3-11ee-b1b1-2b10258969c3.html[/url]
An image from the S9 Architecture website.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations