HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 12:11 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardTH View Post
Is there any legitimate reason the city hasn't taken the St Charles away from him yet?
I speak more from an Ontario perspective here but I assume it's the same in Manitoba: if he's paying his taxes, there's almost nothing they can do. They can charge him with neglecting the property but all he has to do is meet the bare minimum (which is pretty low here, so I'd assume it's low in Winnipeg too) and then it's business as usual again.

This isn't like the US where eminent domain can be used to build anything at any time. It's almost as if eminent domain has no equivalent in Canada, it's simply never done or so difficult to follow through on as to not effectively exist.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 1:29 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

winnipeg has a few bylaws they could use to take it away but are scared to

Old Posted Jul 7, 2019, 12:17 AM

I was reading in the paper that Dauphin Countryfest only attracted 9,000 people per day this year. That is down 2,000 per day from last year and recent years. A few years before that, I seem to recall crowds in the 13,000 - 14,000 range which were considered sellouts.

Any theories out there as to why the festival is pulling in lower numbers in recent years? They are still bringing in legit A-level acts so that can't be it. There is no competing country festival in the province either.

In comparison, Folk Festival pulled in record numbers last year.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2019, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
I was reading in the paper that Dauphin Countryfest only attracted 9,000 people per day this year. That is down 2,000 per day from last year and recent years. A few years before that, I seem to recall crowds in the 13,000 - 14,000 range which were considered sellouts.

Any theories out there as to why the festival is pulling in lower numbers in recent years? They are still bringing in legit A-level acts so that can't be it. There is no competing country festival in the province either.

I've seen zero advertising.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 2:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA in Winnipeg View Post
I've seen zero advertising.
Is that all it comes down to? Advertising? or is there something more at work here?

Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 2:49 AM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
^Problem is the Facebook peoples eat that stuff up. I don't really frequent Facebook. But it's all full of babies and people complaining. Everything is a huge deal and Winnipeg is soooo stupid and people are terrified to go outside and blah blah blah. Actually quite depressing.

I don't think it matters anymore about Facebook. I think the cat is out of the proverbial bag that Zuckerberg is some sort of robot/android/cyborg. Tonnes of "Zuckerberg not human" videos on YouTube to prove it.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...berg+not+human

Video Link

Remember his lineage:
DARPA (Military) > Internet > Web > Facebook > Mark Zuckerberg

I deactivated my FB acct. in May because it was getting to slow in scrollling and as a Trump-loving Conservative there was only so much time before they would cancel my acct. anyways.

Last edited by LilZebra; Jul 8, 2019 at 2:59 AM.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 3:14 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilZebra View Post
I deactivated my FB acct. in May because it was getting to slow in scrollling and as a Trump-loving Conservative there was only so much time before they would cancel my acct. anyways.
It's not that simple. I am involved in a couple anti-racist groups, and people are having their posts "mysteriously disappear" or getting automatic warning messages or account locks for making posts that use the term "white".

This could be trying to target white supremacists but it's catching a lot of anti-racist people discussing the topic as well. Censorship always has a downside to it. On Youtube it's gotten even worse, they might as well completely eliminate any form of financial model to run the place because if you say or do anything on Youtube that makes anyone uncomfortable to any degree for any reason, you're demonetized. People are switching to Patreon but even then, both sides are trying to get opposing sides removed from that platform with boycott and email campaigns.

It's all getting very petty.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 1:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilZebra View Post
I don't think it matters anymore about Facebook. I think the cat is out of the proverbial bag that Zuckerberg is some sort of robot/android/cyborg. Tonnes of "Zuckerberg not human" videos on YouTube to prove it.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...berg+not+human

Video Link

Remember his lineage:
DARPA (Military) > Internet > Web > Facebook > Mark Zuckerberg

haha, If zuckerberg is the best the real Skynet can produce then I feel pretty confident in the human races chances. hahaha

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 4:12 AM
BANNED

Quote:

WE Fest in Detroit Lakes has a few big names this year~

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 2:45 PM

Quote:

I think young people these days are just kinda over the whole "get aggressively drunk and set things on fire" kinda thing. Rowdy clubs are dying off and nightlife is getting more mature and sophisticated. Folk fest is more the vibe people are after these days. They look poised to have another great year.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 3:17 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardTH View Post
I think young people these days are just kinda over the whole "get aggressively drunk and set things on fire" kinda thing. Rowdy clubs are dying off and nightlife is getting more mature and sophisticated. Folk fest is more the vibe people are after these days. They look poised to have another great year.
Country Thunder is coming up this weekend (just outside Regina). The joke is that every year it becomes the 3rd largest city in the province for the weekend, and it doesn't seem to be slowing down at all.... and it's a bit of a drunk-fest.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 4:17 PM

Well oyrur neighbors do seem to always be a bit behind the trends. Not that we're that much better lol

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 4:36 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Well oyrur neighbors do seem to always be a bit behind the trends. Not that we're that much better lol
Except that it pulls people from across the prairies, so our neighbours are completely part of it too.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 8:55 PM
BANNED

Extremely random question, but how do you put someone on "ignore"? I can't seem to recall how to do that.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 9:02 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
Extremely random question, but how do you put someone on "ignore"? I can't seem to recall how to do that.
Go to "User CP" in the menu below the breadcrumb and then about 2/3rds of the way down there is "Edit Ignore List".

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 9:05 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Go to "User CP" in the menu below the breadcrumb and then about 2/3rds of the way down there is "Edit Ignore List".
Ah, but what is a "breadcrumb"? Haha Thanks though, I appreciate the help

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlubberMiley View Post

I wish Brad Wall would move to this province, and save us.
Yes, "Brad" would bring an oil boom to Manitoba, then bail out just as international prices tank and head back to his Calgary law firm job.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 3:31 PM

^

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 9:41 PM

I've read my fair share of criticism of Brad Wall from folks in Saskatchewan and those particular posters leaned right.

I have my doubts Brad Wall would have turned around the province without the oil boom of the previous decade.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 4:07 AM
BANNED

Any reason that the litter strewn homeless encampment on city park land between the Disraeli-Henry and Lily is allowed to stay and accumulate more garbage by the day?

Of course eunuch Bowman and the gutless city council will feign ignorance and if this occurred anywhere in the southern half of the city the transient camp would be gone in a day!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan