HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Feb 24, 2020, 4:53 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Opus redo///

Old Posted Feb 24, 2020, 8:43 PM

A planning permit was submitted today to rezone 536 North Ave for 116 multifamily untis and 4 townhomes. Site is a block west of Ponce City Market, currently a one story credit union building and surface parking lot.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2020, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
A planning permit was submitted today to rezone 536 North Ave for 116 multifamily untis and 4 townhomes. Site is a block west of Ponce City Market, currently a one story credit union building and surface parking lot.
Hell yes! I’ve been waiting for this to be redeveloped. Great location. Perhaps this will be condos?

Would love to see the Pizza Hut, BK, & DQ on North Ave be redeveloped, too. Put them back in as ground floor retail, they take up so much space as is.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:
I missed the meeting on this, but it is the same developer who is building the pocket condo tower next to O4W Park near Venkman's. I really wanted to attend the O4W meeting the other week where Satish discussed this development. Did anyone happen to go or know more details on the plan?

Old Posted Feb 24, 2020, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Hell yes! I’ve been waiting for this to be redeveloped. Great location. Perhaps this will be condos?

Would love to see the Pizza Hut, BK, & DQ on North Ave be redeveloped, too. Put them back in as ground floor retail, they take up so much space as is.
And then get started on the corresponding stretch of fast food restaurants on Ponce...

Old Posted Feb 24, 2020, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbor View Post
I missed the meeting on this, but it is the same developer who is building the pocket condo tower next to O4W Park near Venkman's. I really wanted to attend the O4W meeting the other week where Satish discussed this development. Did anyone happen to go or know more details on the plan?
That pocket condo, is it moving forward? I thought it was a bit pie in the sky and figured it would fall on its face. Would love to see a handful 2+beds offered at this credit union site rather than 1 beds. Give people the chance to have a family in the area and outside the $800k townhomes and SFH

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 12:30 AM

Margaritaville

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
That pocket condo, is it moving forward? I thought it was a bit pie in the sky and figured it would fall on its face. Would love to see a handful 2+beds offered at this credit union site rather than 1 beds. Give people the chance to have a family in the area and outside the $800k townhomes and SFH
My understanding is that it is going to move forward. I believe they released promotional materials recently. That being said, there has been no movement on the ground yet.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 3:15 PM

I'm also astounded that they still need rezoning. How is this parcel on North Ave, one block from the Beltline, still zoned C-1-C? I know there's a Beltline overlay, but it just defies logic and explanation that the city still has not fixed the zoning along the Beltline. As currently zoned, a developer could build a car wash, a used car lot, a single family house, or even a commercial laundry collection station. C-1-C zoning doesn't even require a sidewalk.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 5:33 PM

Quote:
I'm also astounded that they still need rezoning. How is this parcel on North Ave, one block from the Beltline, still zoned C-1-C? I know there's a Beltline overlay, but it just defies logic and explanation that the city still has not fixed the zoning along the Beltline. As currently zoned, a developer could build a car wash, a used car lot, a single family house, or even a commercial laundry collection station. C-1-C zoning doesn't even require a sidewalk.
Atlanta is a poorly planned city. This has been well known now for decades....add on incompetence on a city governing level and you get this. Atlanta's multi-family market is being gated by zoning.

Tim Keane has been working on the city-wide zoning since he's gotten here and we haven't heard of any progress on that.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 8:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Atlanta is a poorly planned city. This has been well known now for decades....add on incompetence on a city governing level and you get this. Atlanta's multi-family market is being gated by zoning.

Tim Keane has been working on the city-wide zoning since he's gotten here and we haven't heard of any progress on that.
The city has adopted the first two phases of the zoning update.  The changes referenced in the  article below were adopted in the "Medium Fix" (phase 2) updates.  The city has also issued an RFP for the complete zoning rewrite but I am not sure where they are in that process.

https://www.cnu.org/publicsquare/201...Lvz7G_a1oOXSCM

PDF of the changes adopted in the Phase II
https://www.atlantaga.gov/home/showdocument?id=39209

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
I thought everything discussed for the past year said 30 stories and one of the best designed towers seen by Keene. That sketch is neither of those.
130 Luckie's building permit says 32 stories

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 2:30 PM

Quote:
130 Luckie's building permit says 32 stories
Nice. Build it!

Quote:
THE METROPOLITAN AT ATLANTA
FOUNDATION FOR A 32 STORY MIXED- USE STUDENT HOUSING PROJECT, WITH STREET LEVEL RETAIL AND COMMON AREAS, PARKING GARAGE AND SERVICE FUNCTION, 7TH LEVEL POOL DECK AMENITIES AND 32ND LEVEL OBSERVATION DECK.
https://aca3.accela.com/ATLANTA_GA/C...howInspection=

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 4:36 PM

903 Peachtree Street

The land development permit was issued yesterday (3/02/20). This is definitely about to break ground.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 7:32 PM

They actually took down the electionic billboard. I used that as the measuring stick of when they were gonna get serious about starting 903 Peachtree. Finally. Can't wait.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
The land development permit was issued yesterday (3/02/20). This is definitely about to break ground.

Also had some friends recently vacate from the old apartment building behind the old Bezoria to make way for this project.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 11:13 PM

Are they just tearing down the building on 8th directly next to the restaurants? Or are they also taking down the corner building as well? Would be a shame to lose it.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Are they just tearing down the building on 8th directly next to the restaurants? Or are they also taking down the corner building as well? Would be a shame to lose it.
Corner apt building staying

Old Posted Mar 4, 2020, 10:21 PM

Potential FDA redevelopment

Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post

Potential FDA redevelopment
WOW! The first one please.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta