HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Madison House in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 5:12 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Ewing View Post
According to Fosan's website, this tower will be 800 feet tall. This article from the Chinese media confirms that.

Moreover, this article also alludes to A LOT more Chinese funded towers coming to NYC.

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/us/2015...t_20710036.htm
Sounds about right, it's 787' per DOB, so with a crown / roof top element we got our 800 footer.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 8:24 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I have a feeling a Chinese developer will be the first to build a megatall aka (600m) in NYC. Greenland Group I'm hoping will be the one. They are the ones working on some of China's tallest. Wuhan Center being one and Dalian Center.

Chinese capital has been flowing into NYC, and is one of the biggest markets for the Chinese outside of China. That, and Russians. Its a sanctuary city for wealth. Some of the projects we see rising in NJ's Gold Coast are funded by Far East Developers.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 10:31 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 10:35 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
I have a feeling a Chinese developer will be the first to build a megatall aka (600m) in NYC. Greenland Group I'm hoping will be the one. They are the ones working on some of China's tallest. Wuhan Center being one and Dalian Center.

Chinese capital has been flowing into NYC, and is one of the biggest markets for the Chinese outside of China. That, and Russians. Its a sanctuary city for wealth. Some of the projects we see rising in NJ's Gold Coast are funded by Far East Developers.

I could very well be wrong, and I'm as bullish on NYC as anyone, but I just don't see a mega-tall being built here any time soon. I think we'll see a lot of 700-800 foot residential towers and towers that range from 1,000-1,500 near Central Park.

I hope I am made to look like an idiot.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 10:36 PM
DENNAB

Beautiful, thanks chris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post

Yea I totally agree, probably sometime within the next five years too.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 10:37 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The New York Lion View Post
I could very well be wrong, and I'm as bullish on NYC as anyone, but I just don't see a mega-tall being built here any time soon. I think we'll see a lot of 700-800 foot residential towers and towers that range from 1,000-1,500 near Central Park.

More than just near Central park, we'll see them popping up in midtown, HY and hopefully Brooklyn too.

80 South Street could be pretty promising.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The New York Lion View Post

Even if that's the case, NYC is going to look ridiculously impressive by 2020!

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 10:50 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
More than just near Central park, we'll see them popping up in midtown, HY and hopefully Brooklyn too.

80 South Street could be pretty promising.
Midtown East I could see as a reasonable candidate. I guess it could be seen as bullish in nature, but yeah I mean in time due. Even the slightest intention of a mega tall could take a decade from fruition to it even rising. I'd imagine something the lines of 380 Madison could be a good spot. That, and maybe snagging up some smaller, low-rise nature properties around it could yield 2 million square feet of rights. Many locations around Grand Central can give rise to large towers.

One way I could see a mega tall is via mixed used. Something that blends office, with its large floorplates, a hotel, and even possibly residential. Theoretically to the roof, but being more on the realistic side, we might see one reach that milestone with a spire. Time will tell, but it's exciting to speculate about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendenden View Post
Even if that's the case, NYC is going to look ridiculously impressive by 2020!
I'm still impressed every time I go up those escalators at MSG onto the street. Never fails to impress me.

But now instead of saying wow looking at the skyline from NJ, in 2020, I can look at the skyline as say wow while having a seizure due to the seizure inducing awe.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2015, 2:33 AM
N40° 46.8925', W073° 57.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
Sounds about right, it's 787' per DOB, so with a crown / roof top element we got our 800 footer.

I agree, Hunser!

This tower will be a great addition to the midtown south skyline!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2015, 3:15 AM
DENNAB

If the facade turns out to look anything like the baby blue in the rendering this tower is going to be a knockout!

Old Posted Jun 11, 2015, 2:55 AM
BANNED

This gorgeous area deserves a new masterpiece!

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 8:44 PM
BANNED

Netting for demo was erected today!

Sphyncter000

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 8:55 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Project is moving fast JR. Not that long ago we found out about it.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 9:13 PM
BANNED

This is the Age of Ramses, Chris!

Old Posted Jul 13, 2015, 5:03 PM
BANNED

The netting for demolition of the buildings on both E 30th and E 31st is up!

Old Posted Jul 17, 2015, 2:34 AM
BANNED

Old Posted Sep 20, 2015, 5:46 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Structures are completely covered in netting. Demo is occurring on the structures with the netting on the 31st street side. Hopefully by Christmas time we can see some equipment on the site for a Q1, 2015 rise. Buildings are small mid rises, so it shouldn't tale long at all.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 7:08 PM

JD Carlisle Buys Shelter Next To Development Site for $10.5M

TERENCE CULLEN
NOV. 5, 2015

Quote:
JD Carlisle Group has closed the $10.5 million purchase of The Bowery Mission homeless shelter at 132 Madison Avenue, nearby its development site on East 30th Street, property records show.

The sale of the 12,980-square-foot building closed in September and hit property records today. JD Carlisle bought the building from the Christian Herald Association, which operates the Bowery Mission. It’s a major spike from the $2.5 million the nonprofit paid for it in 1998, according to CoStar.

The four-story structure between East 30th and East 31st Streets has a floor-area-ratio of 10, giving it the potential to build up to 28,590 square feet. But its unused 15,600 square feet will likely go to JD Carlise’s yet-to-be built 53-story residential tower on the block.

JD Carlisle has been snatching up properties on the NoMad block to order to assemble the air rights to build the 188-unit residential tower it’s planning. The developer paid $102 million in March for 15 East 30th Street, which is where the tower is bing developed, The Real Deal reported in March. The sale of 132 Madison Avenue was included in that, but it was listed with a different seller and for a lower price.

Representatives for the Christian Herald Association and JD Carlisle did not immediately return requests for comment.

Adelaide Polsinelli, a principal of Eastern Consolidated, said the $10.5 million price tag for the corner building reflected how valuable corner properties have become in Manhattan.

“A corner building on an avenue in a prime Manhattan corridor like this, that’s a fair price,” said Ms. Polsinelli, who was not involved in the sale. “It’s a testament to the appreciation of Manhattan real estate corners.”

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 8:47 PM

Does anyone have a top-down overlay showing which buildings will be demoed for this development?

Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 10:37 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Image from JR Ewing/RW

Seems like the demo is taking a while.

Credit: http://www.yimbyforums.com/t/new-yor...-floors/967/10

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive