HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

3 Hudson Boulevard in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 2:46 AM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

I wonder if the building will have largely the same design, just more tapered and with bigger corner notches to get the extra height, or if it'll be a completely new design.

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 3:43 AM

This...is great news,perhaps the loss at the WTC can be made up by other skyscrapers.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 4:19 AM
Metal Up Your !

Oh dang, I don't know what to think of this! :/

I like the fact that it's going to be so much taller. But then again, it means there'll be design changes. I love the design of the building as it is, and I'm hoping it's just an alteration to the height, and not a full redesign. Whatever it may end up being though, I'm pretty sure it'll live up to the amazing design of this current proposal.

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 1:49 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
This...is great news,perhaps the loss at the WTC can be made up by other skyscrapers.

I think that's a possibility, but the WTC site was sacred in a way, so I think it's truly unforgivable what they have done to it, not just with the spire, but shortening tower 3, not making it higher than the old WTC, taking far too long to get it done etc...

We're going to need a lot of skyscrapers to get over that, and luckily it looks like we will get them.

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck From NY View Post
London's central subway stations seemed further down than New York's when I was there.
many of new yorks subway lines are shallower than this line, but this one is very deep due to it being dug beneath an already existing city. this subway extension is very deep, not the general new york subway system.

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 5:36 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
I think that's a possibility, but the WTC site was sacred in a way, so I think it's truly unforgivable what they have done to it, not just with the spire, but shortening tower 3, not making it higher than the old WTC, taking far too long to get it done etc...

We're going to need a lot of skyscrapers to get over that, and luckily it looks like we will get them.
Yeah, and it's important that NY keeps on building taller skyscrapers than 1WTC, with 432 PA being the pioneer. New towers which will surpass the ESB and/or the WTC are vital for NY's "skyscraper dynamic".

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 6:57 PM

The World Trade Center is not really sacred in any means. If the Twin Towers weren't attacked on 9/11, or if never happened the Twin Towers would have been defeated by other buildings which would have had surpassed it in height. If I remembered correctly they proposed a building taller than the Twin Towers at the NY Stock Exchange. If 9/11 didn't happen it would have been built, and it would have been taller than the Twin Towers.

Old Posted May 20, 2012, 4:05 PM

I love how the building slightly twists, Its simple, elegant and modern. This must be built!

(Seems I've already said this in this thread, oh my short memory)

Old Posted May 20, 2012, 5:12 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
I love how the building slightly twists, Its simple, elegant and modern. This must be built!

(Seems I've already said this in this thread, oh my short memory)
Deserves to be said again! My thoughts exactly!

Old Posted May 20, 2012, 5:18 PM

http://newyorkyimby.blogspot.com/201...rival-432.html

Quote:
Increasing the height of the Girasole would make sense from a development perspective, especially as so many residential/mixed-use towers are now breaking the 1,000 foot barrier. As so many towers are increasingly slender--obviously 432 Park leads the pack--it would make much more sense if the Girasole took on a model-esque profile to maximize future views. The tower has 1.6 million square feet of air rights, 600,000 SF more than One57 and triple the amount that 432 Park has. The Girasole certainly doesn't lack the space needed to rise higher--perhaps even 1,500 feet is possible, given the latest trends to emphasize height over all else.
IMO, this stands a good chance of being taller. Market is much different from when this was originally proposed...

Old Posted May 20, 2012, 5:25 PM
DENNAB

1500 feet possible?

It looks like we're getting our deserved payback for the WTC being so botched.

Old Posted May 20, 2012, 7:41 PM

if they want to compete with the height of 225 w 57th and 432 Park then this might be in the 1250-1500 range. It's already taller than the planned residential and mixed use towers on the West Side though.

Old Posted May 20, 2012, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybackribs2314 View Post
http://newyorkyimby.blogspot.com/201...rival-432.html

IMO, this stands a good chance of being taller. Market is much different from when this was originally proposed...
Babyback ribs, is that your blog? It's cool, but when you quote it like that it makes it seem much more authoritative, when it's just your (presumably non-insider) opinion, rather than an authoritative source.

At this point we have no idea about whether the height of this tower has been increased or whether it has been redesigned or not, just a couple of fleeting mentions of the tower in a couple of newspaper articles.

Old Posted May 21, 2012, 1:09 AM
World Machine

Certainly exciting news - there's so much potential for that area.

Old Posted May 21, 2012, 11:31 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post
Oh dang, I don't know what to think of this! :/

I like the fact that it's going to be so much taller. But then again, it means there'll be design changes.

That's not clear at all yet.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2012, 7:57 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2012, 9:07 PM

Sorry NYguy, but what is that a picture of?

Old Posted Jun 4, 2012, 9:41 PM
New Yorker for life

^ It's the communication center for the subway that will be beneath the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
http://archpaper.com/news/articles.asp?id=5833

Workers prepare a new communication center beneath Eleventh Ave. as ventilation rises at right.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2012, 1:11 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...1LL06ZSZ58ZOiI
No. 7 train 6 mos. late

June 6, 2012
Steve Cuozzo

Quote:
The No. 7 subway line extension to 11th Avenue and West 34th Street won’t carry passengers until mid-2014 — six months later than was widely expected — and the new station won’t be entirely finished until the end of 2015, the MTA said yesterday.

The six-month delay is hopefully not a sign of greater trouble at a project that’s of paramount importance to Gary Barnett’s Extell Development Co. and Stephen M. Ross’ Related Cos. The station’s at the doorstep of One Hudson Yards, the 56-story office tower Extell plans to build on 11th Avenue and 33rd and 34th streets. It’s also a selling point for Related’s 26-acre Hudson Yards, where Ross hopes to start building a headquarters tower for Coach Inc. this year.

Asked to explain earlier statements that the station would open in December 2013, agency rep Aaron Donovan said, “We do expect to have trains running for test purposes by December 2013.” Meanwhile, Donovan said one part of the new No. 7 station won’t be fully completed until December 2015 — its north entrance at West 35th Street. The main entrance will be on 11th Avenue between 33rd and 34th streets.

Both this tower and 1 Hudson Yards will sit above the station entrance, only for this tower the entrance will be on the northern side:

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 12:50 AM
New Yorker for life

Update from MTAPhotos

(Site P)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction