HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 10, 2015, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
The business model seems to be going after cheaper gate options like Hamilton and Wpg. That does seem like an aggressive route map for 16 aircraft. There must be quite a few 1 or 2 stop per week destinations on there. Not sure about Oakland either - I suppose if SF is your style you just have to take ground transport.....assuming you get out of Oakland in one piece.
Bang on!

Old Posted Feb 12, 2015, 5:48 PM
ConstructionPete

YXE January 2015 Traffic Up

YXE and SAA is reporting January 2015 traffic up 0.9% or 133,788. This is YXE's busiest reported month ever!

Old Posted Feb 12, 2015, 6:58 PM
ConstructionPete

YQR 2014 Passenger Increase

An empirical test of its efforts was the number of inbound and outbound passengers in 2014: 1.262 million. That’s an increase of 2.9 per cent over 2013 and the 10th consecutive year in which passenger numbers here rose.

Hunter said the loss of United’s links to Chicago and Denver likely won’t mean much, if any, loss of passengers, as most likely will travel via other airports, like Toronto, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Calgary or Vancouver.

In fact, he noted that no sooner had United Airlines announced cancellation of its service than rival Delta Air Lines, which already flies twice daily into Regina from Minneapolis, was on the phone to explore the possibility of expanded service

Read more...

Old Posted Feb 13, 2015, 6:24 AM

Now that we know it has been mentioned that Delta is interested in possible expansion of services, what do we think it would likely be? Adding more Minneapolis flights daily? Or is there another hub(s) that they would likely want to expand to as well as having the Minneapolis connection?

Old Posted Feb 13, 2015, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Now that we know it has been mentioned that Delta is interested in possible expansion of services, what do we think it would likely be? Adding more Minneapolis flights daily? Or is there another hub(s) that they would likely want to expand to as well as having the Minneapolis connection?
If Delta is looking to capitalize on the type of business that United had, they could use their hub in Salt Lake City. It would be of similar distance as the Denver flight was and I assume have connections to many of the same places. This would be my preference as I typically travel West so flying east to Minneapolis to then go West isn't ideal.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2015, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty c View Post
If Delta is looking to capitalize on the type of business that United had, they could use their hub in Salt Lake City. It would be of similar distance as the Denver flight was and I assume have connections to many of the same places. This would be my preference as I typically travel West so flying east to Minneapolis to then go West isn't ideal.

this is just Delta out of SLC

Old Posted Feb 13, 2015, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalin_10 View Post
Photos Courtesy of YXE/SAA Facebook page.
Your photos weren't showing up, so I'm re-posting some of them for you:

Old Posted Feb 13, 2015, 4:44 PM

Delta

Perhaps Delta is considering yxe/yqr service to Seattle? They are turning Seattle into a hub and There will be more pacific connections than SLC.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...aska-challenge

Old Posted Feb 13, 2015, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh953 View Post
Perhaps Delta is considering yxe/yqr service to Seattle? They are turning Seattle into a hub and There will be more pacific connections than SLC.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...aska-challenge
Looking at the rote map a few posts above, YXE and YQR would fit nicely into the existing zone that is serviced by Salt Lake City, I assume using smaller planes.

I'm guessing Delta would be wanting to fly larger aircraft into Seattle if they are wanting to fill the very large planes that would be doing the US-Asia routes.

Assuming Delta is keeping SLC as a hub, it would be a nicer connection to all of the continental US than Seattle would be. I'm guessing that would be more of the target audience out of Saskatchewan compared to people flying to Asia.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2015, 10:04 PM

I'd bet that, initially, there will be increased service to MSP - perhaps an additional flight out of each airport. Back in '07-08, Delta [initially] had four flights/day out of YQR! (Hence, three, then two.)

Old Posted Feb 13, 2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
I'd bet that, initially, there will be increased service to MSP - perhaps an additional flight out of each airport. Back in '07-08, Delta [initially] had four flights/day out of YQR! (Hence, three, then two.)
Or maybe bigger jets? They are using the CRJ-200 I believe. Also I forgot they are codesharing with WestJet. Not sure the implications of that.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2015, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Or maybe bigger jets? They are using the CRJ-200 I believe. Also I forgot they are codesharing with WestJet. Not sure the implications of that.
I believe they are doing the CRJ900. I do remember being on Embraer 175 a few times.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2015, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
I believe they are doing the CRJ900. I do remember being on Embraer 175 a few times.
No, for the most part a 50 seat CRJ. They sometimes will sub an E175, but that's usually in the busier Fall hunting season.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2015, 6:46 PM

Well, I hope that transborder service to the U.S. doesn't completely dry up. With a reduction of x-border service, southern Saskatchewan folks will elect to fly of out of Minot instead. Saskatoon won't be affected nearly as much - due to the driving distances involved.

I know lots of people who drive and fly out of Minot nowadays, . . that irritates the shit out of me. On the flipside, a sinking Canadian dollar will hopefully help reduce x-border "bleeding".

Old Posted Feb 18, 2015, 5:14 AM

Every time I come home and drive away from the Regina airport I always think the same thing: how the bridge that connects to the Lewvan needs to be rebuilt or maybe replaced or repaved with new railings or something. It's not the prettiest crossing in Regina, that's for sure.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Every time I come home and drive away from the Regina airport I always think the same thing: how the bridge that connects to the Lewvan needs to be rebuilt or maybe replaced or repaved with new railings or something. It's not the prettiest crossing in Regina, that's for sure.
Perhaps; however, YQR's groundside, as one approaches the ATB, is downright beautiful!!!

Speaking of which, the new maintenance garage and cargo facilities are now going up. This is one step closer to the major expansion of the ATB.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2015, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Perhaps; however, YQR's groundside, as one approaches the ATB, is downright beautiful!!!

Speaking of which, the new maintenance garage and cargo facilities are now going up. This is one step closer to the major expansion of the ATB.
Is that the Multi-Tenant unit that Quorex is currently building at YQR?

Old Posted Feb 18, 2015, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmmace View Post
Is that the Multi-Tenant unit that Quorex is currently building at YQR?
I think so. I'm hardly ever around QR/XE to get the latest due to work. I'll know a lot more by later next week.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2015, 7:47 PM

Quote:

I do agree (once you pass the bridge hehe) that heading towards the terminal, it is a beautiful entrance and landscaping visual to our airport. I also love all the new blue signage. They have done a great job regarding that.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2015, 4:25 PM

I don't know how many of you guys frequent YXE; however, I'd sure like to meet the character who cut-off Wayne Hicks Lane with a part-time taxiway! That's a serious short-sighted brain fart on the part of the SAA.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan