HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 1, 2013, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlhorn View Post
Looks like The Victory and McKinney Ave proposals had better get it in gear or they will be left out...................I think.
I could be way off, but the impression I got was that the Victory project was about to be kicked off, regardless of whether they found a lead tenant. But yeah, the McKinney Ave project may need to be purely speculative because otherwise, it might not happen at all.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2013, 5:54 AM

Lots going on in the Oak Lawn/Turtle Creek neighborhoods. For some reason, the Old Parkland development really catches my eye. While I love seeing so many modern projects, going back to the classic architecture is rather enjoyable.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2013, 6:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eburress View Post
I could be way off, but the impression I got was that the Victory project was about to be kicked off, regardless of whether they found a lead tenant. But yeah, the McKinney Ave project may need to be purely speculative because otherwise, it might not happen at all.
According to a poster at dallasmetropolis who lives in Victory Park, there will be an announcement for the 23 story office tower and a residential tower in Victory Park really soon(lot next to House of Blues), so it sounds eminent. At the same time, it sounds it sounds like if they don't get the let out, this project, the McKinney Project or Spire could quickly beat them to the punch.

I agree that Old Parkland is really nice to see. The next building that goes up is probably the individual project I'm most anticipating in Dallas right now. That dome should be a site to see.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2013, 7:03 AM

Large downtown Dallas site bought for South Asian museum

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...ian-museum.ece

Quote:
By STEVE BROWN
Real Estate Editor
stevebrown@dallasnews.com
Published: 01 August 2013 08:55 PM
Updated: 01 August 2013 08:55 PM

One of the largest and most coveted development sites in downtown Dallas has changed hands.
The 4.7-acre property at Woodall Rodgers Freeway and Field Street is at the gateway to Uptown and is just across the highway from the new Perot Museum of Nature and Science.
Back in the 1980s, the prime property was planned for a 100-story office skyscraper.
The new owner of the land — a foundation set up by prominent North Texas doctor and medical researcher Vinay Jain — plans to build a South Asian museum and cultural center on the tract.
Dr. Jain, who practices with the Texas Oncology-Baylor Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center in East Dallas, came to Dallas from India in 1993. He and his wife, Kanika, live in Dallas’ Preston Hollow neighborhood and are active in philanthropic and cultural organizations.
The Jains’ nonprofit Shraman South Asian Museum and Learning Center Foundation bought the downtown property after looking at other potential locations for a venue to display South Asian art and culture.
Dr. Jain said he’s lining up consultants and contributors from North Texas and worldwide to work on the project.
“The community of Indians is getting to the point they have accumulated wealth,” Dr. Jain said. “Now there is an opportunity to contribute back to the community.”
The Field Street tract was bought from apartment developer Gables Residential Trust. Gables acquired the land — for years used as a parking lot — in 2007 with plans to build a major apartment and mixed-use development.

really hope to see this happen. Woodall Rogers is becoming a nice destination corridor.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2013, 7:09 AM

Work to start on big Dallas shopping, office and apartment center at Walnut Hill and North Central

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...th-central.ece

Provident Realty
The first phase of Preston Hollow Villlage on Walnut Hill Lane will include a Trader Joe's grocery store.

Quote:
It’s the most prominent vacant lot in all of Dallas.
The empty corner at Walnut Hill Lane and busy North Central Expressway is visible to tens of thousands of commuters every day.

Last edited by Owlhorn; Aug 2, 2013 at 1:37 PM.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2013, 1:36 PM

More new apartments will be joining the big State Farm campus in Richardson

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...chardson.html/

Provident Realty Advisors will attract a lot of attention with its new Preston Hollow Village development in North Dallas.

But the Dallas real estate developer is also busy building several apartment projects in North Texas.

The firm recently finished its 3-story Gateway apartment community near the intersection of Renner Road and State Highway 190.

It’s just a skip down the road from where State Farm Insurance’s big corporate campus in Richardson is going up.

Provident did 254 apartments in the first phase of the Plano project and is ready to do more.
“We are going to start another 340 units on phase two, across from the new State Farm campus,” Provident CEO Leon Backes said.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2013, 3:35 PM

Old Posted Aug 2, 2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
According to a poster at dallasmetropolis who lives in Victory Park, there will be an announcement for the 23 story office tower and a residential tower in Victory Park really soon(lot next to House of Blues), so it sounds eminent. At the same time, it sounds it sounds like if they don't get the let out, this project, the McKinney Project or Spire could quickly beat them to the punch.

I agree that Old Parkland is really nice to see. The next building that goes up is probably the individual project I'm most anticipating in Dallas right now. That dome should be a site to see.
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...rk-project.ece

Here's the highrise apartment announcement.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2013, 4:32 AM

according to that same poster that got this tower right, there may be two more announcements coming. I would guess either the twin to Victory One or the long anticipated Northern lot residential building, which is supposed to have a huge number of residences.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2013, 2:44 PM

Quote:
according to that same poster that got this tower right, there may be two more announcements coming. I would guess either the twin to Victory One or the long anticipated Northern lot residential building, which is supposed to have a huge number of residences.
Very cool. Would be nice to find some more information on those.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2013, 4:24 PM

best view of the Cotton Bowl's new facade I've seen in a while

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOiZ2VT2Zhw

Old Posted Aug 3, 2013, 6:11 PM

Is the Spire Project or Crescent Project happening soon?

Old Posted Aug 3, 2013, 7:04 PM

I wasn't sure where to post this on the Dallas Metropolis Forum, so I'll post it here. Maybe someone can share more about it.

Page 22:

http://on-demand.gputechconf.com/sig...ent-Design.pdf

Old Posted Aug 3, 2013, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
I wasn't sure where to post this on the Dallas Metropolis Forum, so I'll post it here. Maybe someone can share more about it.

Page 22:

What's that?

Old Posted Aug 3, 2013, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
What's that?
The website says it is the Richards Group HQ going in across from City Place along 75. There is a thread for this on Dallas Metropolis, but this is the first rendering I have seen. It looks great but seems to be a few floors shorter than they were talking about.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2013, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywallsareboring View Post
The website says it is the Richards Group HQ going in across from City Place along 75. There is a thread for this on Dallas Metropolis, but this is the first rendering I have seen. It looks great but seems to be a few floors shorter than they were talking about.
I've never seen this rendering before.

I like this one better

Old Posted Aug 3, 2013, 9:35 PM

They have fenced off the lot for the Richards Group building. I think construction is supposed to start in the next week or two.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2013, 5:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Is the Spire Project or Crescent Project happening soon?
last I heard from either is they are looking for tenants. Both are still possible.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2013, 6:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post

Page 22:

IMO, that looks more like what the Richards Group press release describes than their own rendering. I'm guess that was a losing bid, since they eventually went with Perkins + Will. I like the garden terrace on the winning design much more as well as the stairwell space being on one side. I like their garage taking up more space vs the winning design creating a surface lot. Interesting to see though.

I would just post it in the thread about the building. Always interesting to see alternative and compare and contrast them.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
last I heard from either is they are looking for tenants. Both are still possible.
Oh, ok. If the Spire ever got constructed it would infill the Eastern side of Downtown very nicely.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations