HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 12:30 AM

A lot going on in Dallas. Most people probably don't realize. There's not a lot of activity on this site from Dallas folks.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2013, 2:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
A lot going on in Dallas. Most people probably don't realize. There's not a lot of activity on this site from Dallas folks.
That's because a lot of people are over at DallasMetropolis.com. Check it out to see what's happening in Big D.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2013, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywallsareboring View Post
Now if we could only get a big jump in DART ridership. If there was a Dallas to Houston route I would certainly use DART more.
That's a long haul for a light rail to make.

However, I'm impressed with what was done at Parklane and NorthPark. Nice integration of rail, road, residences and shopping (though for the life of me, I couoldn't find the DART station - just the tracks).

Old Posted Mar 19, 2013, 1:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxteth o'grady View Post
That's a long haul for a light rail to make.

However, I'm impressed with what was done at Parklane and NorthPark. Nice integration of rail, road, residences and shopping (though for the life of me, I couoldn't find the DART station - just the tracks).
Park Lane Station is elevated just on the other side of Park Lane from the development which is unfortunate. In an ideal world there would be a station just a tad further South actually integrated with the Shops at Park Lane development. For instance, a station located atop the Whole Foods garage would be outstanding.

The station was built long before the Park Lane mixed-use development was even planned so there was really nothing that could have been done to build the development around the station, but I believe there was originally a plan for an elevated walkway that would go from the station platform to the development that was scrapped for some reason. It's unfortunate because it would make a big difference and make the Shops much more accessible.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2013, 9:56 PM

There is a lot of residential projects under construction, or in the works. But how about some office projects going on in the core? Can someone provide detail and when they might start? As well as some infrastructure, or parks too?

Old Posted Mar 28, 2013, 2:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagih12 View Post
There is a lot of residential projects under construction, or in the works. But how about some office projects going on in the core? Can someone provide detail and when they might start? As well as some infrastructure, or parks too?
Check here: http://forum.dallasmetropolis.com/sh...a-developments

lakewoodhobo has been compiling a list of all the area projects.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2013, 7:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eburress View Post

Thanks, Dallas has lots going on. Most projects are in the core.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2013, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eburress View Post

is this site even working anymore?

Old Posted Mar 29, 2013, 5:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlhorn View Post
Skyscraperpage or DallasMetropolis?

Old Posted Mar 29, 2013, 2:24 PM

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...in-plano.html/

New Plano office tower and hotel broke ground yesterday.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2013, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it's still running. The thread about the Davis Building has a conversation going about how it's going to be lit up in rainbow colors in order to support their point of view during the Supreme Court case.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2013, 8:38 PM

That ought to twist the knickers of those church ladies from Cedar Hill.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texcolo View Post
Yeah, it's still running. The thread about the Davis Building has a conversation going about how it's going to be lit up in rainbow colors in order to support their point of view during the Supreme Court case.

It doesn't work for me. I thought maybe it was my computer, so I've tried elsewhere. Doesn't seem to work.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2013, 4:34 AM

Quote:
It doesn't work for me. I thought maybe it was my computer, so I've tried elsewhere. Doesn't seem to work.
Really? Yeah, it's still up and running and active. Try another browser or something just to test.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2013, 5:03 AM

No dice. Have tried at work. Have tried at school. Have tried a couple of tablets and laptops. Won't work on my phone either

Old Posted Apr 1, 2013, 4:23 PM

Quote:
No dice. Have tried at work. Have tried at school. Have tried a couple of tablets and laptops. Won't work on my phone either
That's bizarre. I was just there and the site worked fine.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2013, 5:19 PM

Lone Star Gas Lofts second phase in downtown Dallas:

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...ion=reregister

Old Posted Apr 5, 2013, 2:51 AM

Some new info on the Dallas Midtown/Valley View Center proposal is out.

From the DMN...

Quote:
New plan for Valley View Center area to be presented to Dallas Plan Commission and the public Thursday
By JEFFREY WEISS Staff Writer jweiss@dallasnews.com
Published: 03 April 2013 11:02 PM

An ambitious plan to transform dying Valley View Center and its environs into a neighborhood of apartments, retail, green space and entertainment venues is being presented Thursday to the Dallas Plan Commission and the public.
The plan covers much more than the old mall property. It includes all the land from Galleria Dallas on the west to Preston Road on the east and from LBJ Freeway on the south to a couple of blocks north of Alpha Road. Over the next couple decades as many as 60 percent of the existing buildings could be torn down.

Eventually, the project called Dallas Midtown could include several high-rise office towers, dozens of mixed-use and residential buildings, a park about four times the size of the new Klyde Warren Park, and a new “entertainment destination” anchored by the last prime remnants of the old mall. Well over 10,000 people could live there.

But for any of this to happen, the Plan Commission and City Council must approve dramatic changes in the area’s zoning and commit tens of millions of dollars for new sewers, water lines and roads. Private developers would need to pony up as much as $10 billion.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro...#ssStory954973

From D Magazine...

Quote:
Gondolas, Trolley System, Parks on Tap for Dallas Midtown
By CHRISTINE PEREZApril 4th, 2013 11:53am

Beck Ventures has released specific details on its plans for Dallas Midtown, its massive $3 billion redevelopment of the Valley View Mall area. The complete reinvention will ultimately entail millions of square feet of office, retail, hotel, and residential space. Plans also call for gondolas that will connect various sectors of the project, a trolley system, and a glass-roofed, open-air retail center; Bellagio-style fountains, parks, and a hike-and-bike trail that connects to White Rock Lake. (See videos and renderings below.)

Dallas Midtown is a 430-acre district bounded by Interstate 635 to the south, Preston Road to the east, Alpha Road to the north, and the Dallas North Tollway to the west. Last fall, the City of Dallas provided $250,000 to help fund a redevelopment study by Omniplan, in partnership with the North Dallas Chamber. Beck Ventures owns about 104 acres within the district, including Valley View Mall at Interstate 635 and Preston Road. It’s led by Scott Beck, president, and his father Jeff and brother Jarrod, both managing partners. Jeff Beck was the driving force behind the development of Trophy Club; he acquired 1,200 acres there in 1994.

http://realpoints.dmagazine.com/2013...allas-midtown/

Video of the proposal...

Video Link

http://www.scribd.com/doc/133999621/...own-aerial-map

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro...#ssStory954973

http://realpoints.dmagazine.com/2013...allas-midtown/

Old Posted Apr 5, 2013, 8:18 AM

If they can hold fast to their development standards and zoning, this could be an outstanding development. The location is about as good as it gets. Near lots of wealth, business, only a decent amount of retail and newly renovated freeway. Probably the highest traffic area in all of DFW.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2013, 9:35 PM

Quote:
If they can hold fast to their development standards and zoning, this could be an outstanding development. The location is about as good as it gets. Near lots of wealth, business, only a decent amount of retail and newly renovated freeway. Probably the highest traffic area in all of DFW.
It's expected 500,000 vehicles a day will travel that stretch of 635 by the end of the decade.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations