HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 12, 2012, 2:28 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Either way, those berms are built as noise protection from the future western extension of CPT.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2012, 1:04 PM
What could go wrong?

They will be making some more improvements to Pipeline in the near future. One of them will be a slight curve in the road just after Templeton to line up properly with the future CPT extension for an intersection.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Sep 18, 2012, 3:44 PM

For those who haven't driven on the CPT in a while. They added a statues of a wolf pack by henderson highway and I believe also by Lag.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2012, 1:46 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

^Those have been there for a while now, definitely more than a month, if not more.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2012, 4:46 PM

Anyone know the cost of those wolves?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2012, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by original View Post
The iron price if they're dire wolves.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2012, 8:04 PM

Quote:
As this is a PPP, its probably contained in the total price of the project and is not available to the public as a line item.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2012, 8:01 PM

Sign up on Grassie saying it'll be closed before Plessis for a month starting tomorrow. Are they widening that stretch to two lanes each way?

Old Posted Oct 9, 2012, 8:48 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Sign up on Grassie saying it'll be closed before Plessis for a month starting tomorrow. Are they widening that stretch to two lanes each way?
Believe it's for sewer line work for the new housing just south of Grassie, don't know if Grassie warrants twinning if they are going to extend Chief to Plessis which would make more sense.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2012, 4:16 AM

That's not going to make the Dr. Hook drivers happy, they are going to have to use Regent or Ravelstone to access Plessis to take cars to the MPI compound and add time and miles to their flat rate tows.

Probably complaints to MPI as well about the increase in flashing lights at night from the condos on Plessis by Devenshire Drive.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2012, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Believe it's for sewer line work for the new housing just south of Grassie, don't know if Grassie warrants twinning if they are going to extend Chief to Plessis which would make more sense.
When did this giant pond happen south of Grassie by Condordia E?

So is CPT going in between the edge of those houses and on the side of the pond?

Old Posted Oct 10, 2012, 11:45 PM

Pond came in as part of development of the land next to the CP mainline over the last few months. I think that is on the Perfanic family land holdings.

I beleive the Peguis extension runs between Cordite road and Grassie to eventually end up at the East Perimeter Highway.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2012, 1:56 AM
BANNED

Quote:
When did this giant pond happen south of Grassie by Condordia E?

So is CPT going in between the edge of those houses and on the side of the pond?
No, the CP extension is to the North of that photo as cllew stated between Cordite and Grassie.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2012, 5:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
Pond came in as part of development of the land next to the CP mainline over the last few months. I think that is on the Perfanic family land holdings.

I beleive the Peguis extension runs between Cordite road and Grassie to eventually end up at the East Perimeter Highway.
What ever happened with the connection to Regent that is/was blocked by tall grass prairie? Are they going to find an alternate root or anything?

Old Posted Oct 15, 2012, 1:47 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie88 View Post
What ever happened with the connection to Regent that is/was blocked by tall grass prairie? Are they going to find an alternate root or anything?
The city still plans to use the same location. It will t-bone into Regent (bad planning) by using the Bradley St alignment. Apparently there is enough room utilizing Bradley and the right of way to the west of the street next to the old Buhler Plant.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Oct 15, 2012, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
The city still plans to use the same location. It will t-bone into Regent (bad planning) by using the Bradley St alignment. Apparently there is enough room utilizing Bradley and the right of way to the west of the street next to the old Buhler Plant.
Why does this sound like another Marion / Lagimodiere in the making?
(that section desperately needs to be 6-laned).

Old Posted Oct 15, 2012, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
The iron price if they're dire wolves.
Well played.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2012, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Thanks!
That's what I had a feeling they would do.
I found it hilarious, than when looking at new homes in Kildonan Green, the show homes had articles up on how the freeway expansion was scrapped, so you don't have to worry about buying a house with your back that way lol. Obviously they were going to get it done one way or another.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2012, 4:52 AM
Back from the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie88 View Post
Thanks!
That's what I had a feeling they would do.
I found it hilarious, than when looking at new homes in Kildonan Green, the show homes had articles up on how the freeway expansion was scrapped, so you don't have to worry about buying a house with your back that way lol. Obviously they were going to get it done one way or another.
Actually , unless it's changed (and I fully admit that perhaps it has) the plan was amended years ago so that the expressway will veer off to the east and connect to Plessis .

Old Posted Oct 16, 2012, 1:12 PM
What could go wrong?

I'd still be leery about buying a piece of property backing on to an open field unless you know exactly what the future plans are. I wouldn't trust what a developer or real estate agent says when trying to close a sale. Do your own homework.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan