HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 11, 2014, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
which trades? I would think concrete/foundations would be the first to feel it?
Yes we are feeling it.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2014, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmmace View Post
Yes we are feeling it.
I feel for all involved. With Saskatchewan now what it is the smaller guys are experiencing competition from outside firms who were previously not interested in our market. I guess this is just the cost of prosperity, unfortunate as it may be.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2014, 7:58 PM

It appears that the smaller companies are moreso getting the squeeze because they don't have the bankroll, the money from the generals is taking longer to receive and some of them are having to fight to get anything at all. The company I work for will be fine, but we will not be expanding as we had initially planned.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2014, 3:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodo Regina Lover View Post
Look we have every right to be pissed off about how this project has been dealt with right from the get go! Good for you if you accept every statement this outfit has put out to the citizens of this city. Maybe it works for you saying if it gets build it gets build, if not, oh well. This is not the way a project of this importance is handled, and you think we should just sit back and make no comments? Good luck on that count! The fact this outfit spent all that money moving the Sask. Power lines does nothing to reassure me or the people who have put deposits on condos that it will every see the light of day.
I agree with Migs, relax. Do you have vested interest in this development that's personally effecting you. Or am I mistaken and all the complaining has made an impact on this development coming to fruition??

Old Posted Apr 17, 2014, 4:59 PM

So its officially next week: Has anyone heard anything from/about Mr. Tilley who is supposed to be in the city to announce further updates and answer questions about Capital Pointe?

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 7:54 PM

Yes, where oh where is Mr. Tilley? What an absolute shock that these people say something that doesn't come to fruition!! Bye the bye these are not COMPLAINTS about this project ( which I would love to see on our skyline, more than anyone else in this city) it is just pointing out all the statements they have made on their project that have never come true. We are still waiting for them to announce details about the hotel portion of the project, which were promised months ago! Also one of my favourite announcements of theirs was once some permit they were waiting for from city hall came thru, construction would start sometime in the spring WEATHER PERMITTING! What, this outfit thinks we don't do construction year round in Saskatchewan? Enough already.

Old Posted May 2, 2014, 5:48 PM

The project has transferred to a different construction company and is in the budgetary stages.

Old Posted May 2, 2014, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmmace View Post
The project has transferred to a different construction company and is in the budgetary stages.
Again!!! wtf? What a gong show.

Old Posted May 2, 2014, 8:17 PM

It's the year 2020 and Capital Pointe announces construction will start this spring, of course WEATHER PERMITTING!! This is more than a gong show!!!

Old Posted May 9, 2014, 5:29 AM

cricket…. cricket..

Old Posted May 9, 2014, 3:08 PM

Well, I would say that the RiverLanding project in Saskatoon is just as frustrating, but at least we no longer get false promises....we hear absolutely nothing!! It is my hope (fantasy) that both these projects will proceed by end of year....

Old Posted May 9, 2014, 3:38 PM

It is really unfortunate how much of a mess this project has become. It had the potential to be great for this city. It sure sounds like this is a dead as can be now.

Old Posted May 15, 2014, 1:43 AM

Not a peep from these people , something is going on that there not yelling us , no hotel ,no tily ,no builder, not a peep

Old Posted May 15, 2014, 4:54 PM

Its funny how they spent all that money relocating underground cables and now we don't hear or see any more progress. I guess you could say the site is ready for some other developer to build there. I just wish CP would get out of the way to let someone else develop the site.

Old Posted May 15, 2014, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
I just wish CP would get out of the way to let someone else develop the site.
Agreed!!

Old Posted May 15, 2014, 5:23 PM

It's seeding time isn't it? Might as well plant some wheat & barely there and make a few bucks off the land because there's no way any development is going to happen on it this year.

Old Posted May 15, 2014, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
It's seeding time isn't it? Might as well plant some wheat & barely there and make a few bucks off the land because there's no way any development is going to happen on it this year.
Haha that's a prairie mentality there. I like it!

Old Posted May 15, 2014, 5:50 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

didn't the permits expire and they have to reappply?

Old Posted May 15, 2014, 8:08 PM

CP stated that they had re-applied for these permits months ago! Please people, tell me who in their right mind would walk into that presentation centre of theirs on Victoria Ave. and actually laid down some cold hard cash on a condo in their project? How do they expect people in this city to purchase a condo in this project with their past history? Now a new builder? What a complete joke this project has become. Why don't you pack up your bags, get the hell out of town and let someone who knows what they are going develop this property!!!

Old Posted May 15, 2014, 10:03 PM

Maybe the reality is that this project and the Riverlanding project in Stoon were too big in the first place to ever happen. Yes both cities, and provincial, economy are doing well right now, but maybe we just don't have the capitol or demand to warrant the type of megaprojects these were?? I hope I am wrong, but just wondering....

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan