HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 4:14 AM

"The 26-storey building will now include five floors of underground parking, up from four"

This is all starting to sound expensive - pipe dream expensive. I hope they do their figuring on the cost of a five storey hole in the ground before they start digging and not after and we end up with an abandoned crater on that corner.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 6:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
"The 26-storey building will now include five floors of underground parking, up from four"

This is all starting to sound expensive - pipe dream expensive. I hope they do their figuring on the cost of a five storey hole in the ground before they start digging and not after and we end up with an abandoned crater on that corner.
It would be a pretty cool swimming pool, you have to admit.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest View Post
ICR's not a developer.
Sorry Tonko, would be the people who developed River Centre in Saskatoon.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 2:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post

Maybe they added more underground parking so that the hotel and condo tower would be one complex at 38 floors

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicalRecession View Post
So the article states the foundation and underground package will be complete by May 2015. Am a reading this right? Is it going to take almost a year to build the foundation/parkade and then only another year to build 12 and 27 floors? I don't know much about construction but something doesn't seem to add up here. Plus, haven't they also been stating they've sold more than 40% of the condos for the longest time? And doesn't the sign on the property say over 40% sold, but the article has them stating only 30%? WTF??
Speaking of changing numbers, this morning's Leader-Post article about Capital Pointe says that "about 50 per cent of the units have been sold". We can only hope that's actually true, though at this point, who really knows what's going on?

Leader-Post article here: http://www.leaderpost.com/business/C...058/story.html

With the figures changing and/or not quite adding up, I would certainly be leery of buying a condo at Capital Pointe. I would suggest that Augustine take a realistic look at the numbers, and consider walking away from this and selling the land to a more credible and trusted developer before this becomes even more of a clusterf**k. Certainly hope this doesn't end up as an abandoned half-constructed shell, which would be even more of an eyesore than the current vacant lot.

As much as I might be wary of Harvard having anything close to a monopoly on developing, at least they know what they're doing and have the solid reputation to back it up!

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko View Post
I would suggest that Augustine take a realistic look at the numbers, and consider walking away from this and selling the land to a more credible and trusted developer before this becomes even more of a clusterf**k.
Agreed. They should rename this project to Capital Clusterf**k honestly. I feel (and fear) for all who invested.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 3:56 PM

Why is everybody so sceptical? Its obvious that they need to have a five floor parkade as the condo plans have been tweeked (or is that twerked) to add another 30 floors to the condo building and the hotel will include a marine theme park and hockey arena. The only downside is that grouind breaking will not be possible until September 2028. That, they state, will be their "drop dead date"

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boborider View Post
Why is everybody so sceptical? Its obvious that they need to have a five floor parkade as the condo plans have been tweeked (or is that twerked) to add another 30 floors to the condo building and the hotel will include a marine theme park and hockey arena. The only downside is that grouind breaking will not be possible until September 2028. That, they state, will be their "drop dead date"
That's awesome! I really don't know why this thread is still around. I'd love to see it taken off the board until (don't get excited now), or if, we see a foundation going in. That's not the same as a half-ton truck parked on the lot btw. . .for all those optimists.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko View Post
Speaking of changing numbers, this morning's Leader-Post article about Capital Pointe says that "about 50 per cent of the units have been sold". We can only hope that's actually true, though at this point, who really knows what's going on?

Leader-Post article here: http://www.leaderpost.com/business/C...058/story.html

With the figures changing and/or not quite adding up, I would certainly be leery of buying a condo at Capital Pointe. I would suggest that Augustine take a realistic look at the numbers, and consider walking away from this and selling the land to a more credible and trusted developer before this becomes even more of a clusterf**k. Certainly hope this doesn't end up as an abandoned half-constructed shell, which would be even more of an eyesore than the current vacant lot.

As much as I might be wary of Harvard having anything close to a monopoly on developing, at least they know what they're doing and have the solid reputation to back it up!
It's funny, they can't even get the little details right. They say Spring is only 2 weeks old, well, technically it is 3. And then they say we'll break groung in Spring but then list it as July, which is Summer. Geesh, these guys would make good politicians..

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 5:13 PM

Well if this thread gets deleted just because then I want to see the river landing thread deleted along with it because both of these projects are at the same state, going no where fast....

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 5:15 PM
arf

^They wouldn't delete it, just close it and then when someone has decent news on it they would open it again. Much like the Chicago Spire thread.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougler306 View Post
Well if this thread gets deleted just because then I want to see the river landing thread deleted along with it because both of these projects are at the same state, going no where fast....
I'd say 50% of the threads are garbage threads if you ask me.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheal View Post
I'd say 50% of the threads are garbage threads if you ask me.
You said it --- maybe even 75%!

All we fundamentally need for threads of discussion would be something akin to [past/present] projects including:

Airports; [highrise] buildings; neighbourhoods; bridges; roads/highways; refineries; industrial areas; shopping areas; and their respective histories.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
You said it --- maybe even 75%!

All we fundamentally need for threads of discussion would be something akin to [past/present] projects including:

Airports; [highrise] buildings; neighbourhoods; bridges; roads/highways; refineries; industrial areas; shopping areas; and their respective histories.
I totally agree!

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 11:58 PM

From the article in the Leader Post this a.m.:
1. Mr. Tilley states "We are ready to submit for our foundation permit" You stated earlier this was going to be done in mid- March! Hello!!!
2. Mr. Tilley states "the structural drawings were modified as requested by a POTENTIAL hotel buyer". How does this make sense to add millions to the cost of the underground structure, when you only have a POTENTIAL buyer for the hotel?
3.Mr. Tilley states that 50% of the units have been sold! I don't know about the rest of you out there, but if this were my project I wouldn't leave my signage at the project site reading 40% sold for months and months and months when 50% have been sold. It's all just so totally unbelievable!!
4. Also YEARS ago when the sales centre was in it's present location, I dropped in and asked if the red dots placed on the model indicated that the units were sold and she replied oh yes, but I have many more to put on! As I walked out of the sales centre, I thought if that was my job the sold dot would be an important milestone and I would slapping them on the instant a unit was sold! Sometimes it's the little things that tell the true story and look where we stand to-day--NOWHERE!!
5. Someone also stated awhile back that just because excavation starts does not mean the project will be completed, as he gave an example of a project in Calgary that had been sitting for years as just a hole in the ground.
6. Someone also made the point of how the hell can you state that if we don't start construction by the end of June, everyone can get their money back AND then state "shovels will be in the ground by JULY!! f-------k!!!
7.Mr. Tilley states he will be in Regina next week to provide an update and answer further questions on the project. PLEASE do us all a favour stay in Toronto and spare any more bull shit on your project. And if when you do come and state that an announcement will be out shortly on who the hotel operator is, I think I'll go completely crazy over another asinine statement about your project!!!

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 1:58 AM

Capital pointless , who's the spin doctor creating this web of lies , the biggest lie was the hotel deal , there is no hotel deal , show us some signs of life start digging , oh no the excavator broke down , this project is going down the rabbit hole quickly

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 3:08 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodo Regina Lover View Post
From the article in the Leader Post this a.m.:
1. Mr. Tilley states "We are ready to submit for our foundation permit" You stated earlier this was going to be done in mid- March! Hello!!!
2. Mr. Tilley states "the structural drawings were modified as requested by a POTENTIAL hotel buyer". How does this make sense to add millions to the cost of the underground structure, when you only have a POTENTIAL buyer for the hotel?
3.Mr. Tilley states that 50% of the units have been sold! I don't know about the rest of you out there, but if this were my project I wouldn't leave my signage at the project site reading 40% sold for months and months and months when 50% have been sold. It's all just so totally unbelievable!!
4. Also YEARS ago when the sales centre was in it's present location, I dropped in and asked if the red dots placed on the model indicated that the units were sold and she replied oh yes, but I have many more to put on! As I walked out of the sales centre, I thought if that was my job the sold dot would be an important milestone and I would slapping them on the instant a unit was sold! Sometimes it's the little things that tell the true story and look where we stand to-day--NOWHERE!!
5. Someone also stated awhile back that just because excavation starts does not mean the project will be completed, as he gave an example of a project in Calgary that had been sitting for years as just a hole in the ground.
6. Someone also made the point of how the hell can you state that if we don't start construction by the end of June, everyone can get their money back AND then state "shovels will be in the ground by JULY!! f-------k!!!
7.Mr. Tilley states he will be in Regina next week to provide an update and answer further questions on the project. PLEASE do us all a favour stay in Toronto and spare any more bull shit on your project. And if when you do come and state that an announcement will be out shortly on who the hotel operator is, I think I'll go completely crazy over another asinine statement about your project!!!
Relax, if it gets built it gets built. Do you honestly think they would've spent all that money on the underground Saskpower utility if this wasn't going to go ahead? Relax and quit acting like someone ran over your dog. Sheesh

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 5:15 AM

Look we have every right to be pissed off about how this project has been dealt with right from the get go! Good for you if you accept every statement this outfit has put out to the citizens of this city. Maybe it works for you saying if it gets build it gets build, if not, oh well. This is not the way a project of this importance is handled, and you think we should just sit back and make no comments? Good luck on that count! The fact this outfit spent all that money moving the Sask. Power lines does nothing to reassure me or the people who have put deposits on condos that it will every see the light of day.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 4:32 PM

There is mystery in that the Augustine Group also owns a ICCI and IC2I and they state that they are no longer working on this project. This project has a lot of mystery and secrets around it. There will be no transparency on this project so we shall site and wait.

I predict a slight market correction now coming, there are a lot of smaller subtrades that are suffering in this market now and I'm starting to hear a lot of "If I don't get this job, I'm in trouble." out in the field.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 7:11 PM

which trades? I would think concrete/foundations would be the first to feel it?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan