HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Nov 18, 2013, 6:52 PM

The top floor will have two penthouse suites.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2013, 8:22 PM

It was reported in the Leader-Post last May that the price of the most spacious penthouse was $3 million. I also believe the top two floors of the condo tower were to contain penthouses. Now I'm not sure what the configuration is of those top two floors, but I'd be interested in knowing if there's actually anyone out there willing to pony up $3 million for a penthouse suite, especially if it covers less than a full floor.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2013, 8:24 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
The top floor will have two penthouse suites.
I thought the penthouses were originally around $1-2 mill though. The $3 mill sounds more like someone bought both and will combine them. I could be wrong though.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Per twitter today:

@Capital_Pointe: We will have Rieger General Contracting working on securing our site this week getting it ready for construction.
Anyone know if anything changed or happened on the site yet?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike328 View Post
Anyone know if anything changed or happened on the site yet?
I was in town this past weekend: No activity at CP.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 7:20 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
I was in town this past weekend: No activity at CP.
They replaced the blue temp metal fencing on the Vic and Albert entrances with board construction.

Site work can't proceed until after the permit meeting with the city in December.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 7:36 PM
Regina SK

It's a shame, that corner would have looked great with at least some construction happening when 4000 people swarm it Sunday evening after the big win!

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
It's a shame, that corner would have looked great with at least some construction happening when 4000 people swarm it Sunday evening after the big win!
Do you think 4000 ticat fans will actually make the trip to Regina?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 9:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko View Post
It was reported in the Leader-Post last May that the price of the most spacious penthouse was $3 million. I also believe the top two floors of the condo tower were to contain penthouses. Now I'm not sure what the configuration is of those top two floors, but I'd be interested in knowing if there's actually anyone out there willing to pony up $3 million for a penthouse suite, especially if it covers less than a full floor.
In downtown Vancouver, a 6000 sq.ft. penthouse suite on the 48 floor sold for 18M when it was announced a few years ago. Today, a premium, 3000 sq.ft. suite on the 26th floor (extrapolating and approximating, using current mls prices) would probably still range around 3M to 5M there.

I agree, I wonder what the market is like for premium, high-rise penthouses in Regina!

^^ I think there will be more than 4k fans out on that corner when the Riders win! Wouldn't it be great to have a 150k-sized, street party contained within a few city blocks, like they typically had each night, post-game win in Vancouver 2011, when the Canucks were playing for the Stanley Cup?! (We -- my wife, 18 month old kid at the time, and a friend -- were caught in the traffic jam, driving past the crowd one (happy) night! -- before the bad night happened! )

Last edited by Scruff Bucket; Nov 19, 2013 at 9:31 PM.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff Bucket View Post
In downtown Vancouver, a 6000 sq.ft. penthouse suite on the 48 floor sold for 18M when it was announced a few years ago. Today, a premium, 3000 sq.ft. suite on the 26th floor (extrapolating and approximating, using current mls prices) would probably still range around 3M to 5M there.

I agree, I wonder what the market is like for premium, high-rise penthouses in Regina!

^^ I think there will be more than 4k fans out on that corner when the Riders win! Wouldn't it be great to have a 150k-sized, street party contained within a few city blocks, like they typically had each night, post-game win in Vancouver 2011, when the Canucks were playing for the Stanley Cup?! (We -- my wife, 18 month old kid at the time, and a friend -- were caught in the traffic jam, driving past the crowd one (happy) night! -- before the bad night happened! )
I am pretty sure the penthouses in CSP sold for well over a million each and at least one of them will have at least $2 million in it when finished.

A penthouse on Blackfoot Dr sold for well over $1 million and then was gutted and re-done to the highest standards.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
I'm guessing he meant 40000, not 4000!

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypinion View Post
Do you think 4000 ticat fans will actually make the trip to Regina?
Damn right --- if not more.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 7:55 PM

Anybody ever figure out or have been able to contact anyone from the Augustine Group lately? I'm interested in finding out their tender process.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 2:58 AM

I feel these pictures should have been posted here as well...Thanks Stormer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
New renders of CP

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 2:58 PM

Weather vane

Revised condo-hotel project will save Ted Godwin's weather vane

Famous Regina artist designed neon weather indicator

By John Weidlich, CBC News

see article here

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...vane-1.2451571

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 4:38 PM

That is wonderful news!

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 5:14 PM

Has the hotel chain been confirmed?

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 5:55 PM

Leader Post article today:

... What? Something about "it will be two storeys higher"?! (Bolded in the article below)
The new renders in previous posts look like about 26 storeys still. Anybody in the know? Would that have been brought up at the buyers' reception the article mentions?

Quote:
Capital Pointe back on track
By Emma Graney, The Leader-Post December 5, 2013 11:36 AM

The vacant lot on the northeast corner of Albert St. and Victoria Ave. where a new condo/hotel
building known as The Capital Pointe Project, which has long be marred by delays, is finally
expected to see construction.
Photograph by: TROY FLEECE , REGINA LEADER-POST FILES

Remember the long-running Capital Pointe project downtown? It's back, with developers appearing at the Regina Planning Commission on Wednesday afternoon asking to renew the much-delayed project's development permit.

It received the go-ahead from the commission and will now go to council, though there are some changes to the design since approval for the hotel/condo project was first given to Toronto developers Brightstar back in 2010.

There are an additional 54 units, 14 more hotel rooms, a bigger pool, larger balconies and 231 parking stalls, and it will be two storeys higher.

Check out our interactive timeline on the history of the Capital Pointe project.

Also new in the design - at the city's request - is a heated bus shelter on street level, included after a wind study demonstrated just how breezy it gets on the corner of Albert Street and Victoria Avenue.

Earlier this year, the Capital Pointe project was taken over by the Augustine Group, which makes condo buyers Darcy Debert and Donalie Evans very happy.

"I'm feeling very positive since this new group has taken it over," Debert said at a buyers' reception on Wednesday evening.

"They keep us abreast of everything and are very forthcoming with all of the information. Our confidence level is right up there."

That is in stark contrast to last year, Evans said, when the project was being repeatedly delayed and her emails and calls were not being returned. And while the delays weren't exactly great for the couple, with a laugh Evans said, "We're patient."

"We have a house we're living in right now and we'll just sell it when we're ready to move in," she said.

In fact, between the new investors and the thumbsup by the planning commission, Debert and Evans were feeling pretty buoyant about their new condo getting back on track - even if the design changes aren't their favourite.

"I don't think it's as modern as the original ... but it's still the kind of building like something you'd see in a big city like New York, where you just look at it and go, 'Wow,' " Evans said.

"It has a big-city look, that Vancouver or Toronto look, and it's still going to be a very unique building to Regina which is why we wanted to live there," Debert added.

Despite the setbacks, project development director Greg Black is confident there will be "shovels in the ground" by spring next year.

"We still think it's a very, very viable project for this community," he said.

"We are delighted we've had the opportunity to get back in front of the planning commission ... and we anticipate further positive response from the council in a couple of weeks."

According to Black, purchase of Capital Pointe's hotel portion is "under negotiation now and should be completed fairly shortly."

He anticipates a two-year construction period.

egraney@leaderpost.com Twitter/LP_EmmaGraney

© Copyright (c) The Regina Leader-Post

Last edited by Scruff Bucket; Dec 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff Bucket View Post
Leader Post article today:

... What? Something about "it will be two storeys higher"?! (Bolded in the article below)
The new renders in previous posts look like about 26 storeys still. Anybody in the know?
2 storeys higher? How tall will that put it now? In the diagrams page CP is at 90 meters with the spire.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 6:25 PM

So it'll be 28 floors instead? That's great!!! (The Hill family will have a response to that at a later time.)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan