HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jul 8, 2014, 7:42 PM
Ferris Wheel Hater

It's the right project in the right location, run by the wrong people. They need to walk away if they don't want to sell then partner with a reputable developer and take a percentage of the profits with guaranteed minimums.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2014, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
CJME also stated that the delay could be a whole year!!! Lol!
I think the city should call them on their bluff, and expedite their permits for next week!

Old Posted Jul 8, 2014, 8:35 PM
arf

^Lol. The city should at least be able to seize the lot to sell parking to fund refurbishing Confederation Park or something.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jul 8, 2014, 10:03 PM

Well let's hope this isn't Regina's Chateau Qu'Appelle version 2.0 or else we're going to end up with another museum at Albert & Vic.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2014, 10:37 PM

Pathetic

Old Posted Jul 8, 2014, 11:07 PM

http://www.leaderpost.com/billion+do...?__federated=1

A billion-dollar bill to replace infrastructure

BY PAMELA COWAN, LEADER-POST JULY 8, 2014

Old Posted Jul 8, 2014, 11:19 PM

The debacle continues...... Great project, great location, terrible management. I really would love to see this get going. In the mean time while this project stumbles and bumbles its way around we are digging our foundation and getting ready for piles on Gateway. Worth a look if you are looking for a modern mixed use development. Feel free to message me or use the contact link on the website as I answer all questions there as well.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2014, 2:21 PM

http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Compa...020/story.html

"“You know what? I’m tired of this. This project is not delayed,” said Nick Circosta, director of stakeholder management with the Ontario-based Fortress Real Developments Inc."

Last edited by Dan0myte; Jul 9, 2014 at 5:17 PM.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2014, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Compa...10012020/story

"“You know what? I’m tired of this. This project is not delayed,” said Nick Circosta, director of stakeholder management with the Ontario-based Fortress Real Developments Inc."
Your link didn't work for me. Try this.

http://www.leaderpost.com/business/C...020/story.html

Old Posted Jul 9, 2014, 5:52 PM
arf

Sure there are planning processes, but don't keep saying the same lies over and over again. Say you need to go through the applications again and say you hope to start at this point, not that you are going to. What all the companies involved in this project from the start fail to have is a sense of realism.

Part of your stakeholders are those that invested in the property and the community itself. We will believe when statements start lining up with reality. Until then, Fortress or whomever else is involved can keep smoking what they are smoking. I would never be willing to invest in one of their developments.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jul 9, 2014, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Sure there are planning processes, but don't keep saying the same lies over and over again. Say you need to go through the applications again and say you hope to start at this point, not that you are going to. What all the companies involved in this project from the start fail to have is a sense of realism.

Part of your stakeholders are those that invested in the property and the community itself. We will believe when statements start lining up with reality. Until then, Fortress or whomever else is involved can keep smoking what they are smoking. I would never be willing to invest in one of their developments.
Questions that remain unanswered , is the hotel deal done , who is the company that is building this project, is financing in place to proceed, those main items remain unanswered ,

Old Posted Jul 9, 2014, 7:40 PM

Misery loves company! Up here in Saskatoon we have the River Landing Village project that's been promised for years but never started. We're all going to die of old age before either one of them gets built.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2014, 11:44 PM

I could not believe what I was reading in the Leader-Post article, quote " You know what? I'm tired of this. This project is not delayed." Well Mr. Nick Circosta,I've got news for you, we first heard of this project in the Regina Leader-Post, AUGUST 11, 2009!!! This will be FIVE YEARS next month that this article appeared in the paper. Don't know where the hell you appeared from, and just because the project is not delayed as far as you're concerned IT IS MORE THAN DELAYED. I bet if you were asked which hotel chain have you lined up for this project, we would get more verbal diarrhea from you folks!
Trust me we want no more B.S. from you people, just shut the project down and move on! PLEASE!!!

Old Posted Jul 10, 2014, 12:26 AM

Some people on this forum sound like petulant toddlers. Do you have money down on a condo? No? Then grow up. Nobody's done anything to warrant having property seized by the state here.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2014, 9:13 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post

Well; on the bright side though. If I'm reading it correctly; they basically threw the guy who said construction will begin spring 2014 under the bus and is now out of the job XD

Old Posted Jul 11, 2014, 4:17 AM

So the head dude for the project was in Regina today. He announced that they are adding another floor to the hotel and another floor to the underground parkade. He also said that there will be so be some major announcements In the next few weeks regarding the hotel deal and the construction start date.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2014, 4:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina Boi View Post
So the head dude for the project was in Regina today. He announced that they are adding another floor to the hotel and another floor to the underground parkade. He also said that there will be so be some major announcements In the next few weeks regarding the hotel deal and the construction start date.
I predict that by the end of 2017 this hotel will be promised to be 48 storeys, with 10 floors of underground parking. Oh, and only 6 months away from construction, once those pesky permits are given!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2014, 5:12 AM

http://regina.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=396391
Capital Pointe Project: Will Regina’s newest hotel ever be built?
It's going to get built awesome the tallest in the province

Old Posted Jul 11, 2014, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
I predict that by the end of 2017 this hotel will be promised to be 48 storeys, with 10 floors of underground parking. Oh, and only 6 months away from construction, once those pesky permits are given!
That made me laugh.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2014, 4:05 PM
arf

I want this project to succeed. It would be unbelievable for the city in putting us on the radar of a lot of residential developers. All I expect is realistic statements from the developers. They aren't in a good spot given the track record of previous persons and companies involved, but they could and should try to be different in dealings with the media and public.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan