HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 26, 2020, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Guess Chipper isn’t selling a lot of used cars lately!
True north has nothing to do with that site the owner and developers are Northland Properties.

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.

Instagram

Old Posted Apr 30, 2020, 7:01 PM

So, I know the Sutton site is on hold but look what I saw today!

Old Posted Apr 30, 2020, 7:29 PM

Noice

Old Posted Apr 30, 2020, 7:43 PM
What could go wrong?

Ah....Winnipeg Grump, that means you need to take weekly shots of the Wawanesa site now.

The rules clearly state that "once the first photo is taken, weekly photo's shall thus be taken until completion"......or something like that
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Apr 30, 2020, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Ah....Winnipeg Grump, that means you need to take weekly shots of the Wawanesa site now.

The rules clearly state that "once the first photo is taken, weekly photo's shall thus be taken until completion"......or something like that
[sigh]

Yes, sir.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2020, 9:13 PM

hahaha you know it's official when words like 'shall thus' are being used.

Also, oohhhh oooooooh. That's my excited face.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2020, 11:15 PM

Honest Question.... who finishes first? Sutton or Wawanesa?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2020, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1983 View Post
Honest Question.... who finishes first? Sutton or Wawanesa?
My bet on Wawanesa with PCL behind it!

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.

Instagram

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 1:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg_Guy View Post
My bet on Wawanesa with PCL behind it!
Oh god me too. These bush league hacks like Marwest and Sutton can’t hold a candle to the big boys at PCL/Bird/Bockstael

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
The NW corner facing Graham & Carlton is going to be a cafe. Unit facing plaza is ACU.
So ACU is taking all of the ground floor space except for the NW corner?

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 2:58 PM

Wawanesa scheduled for delivery in 2023. I sure hope Sutton Place will be finished before then!!

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 3:02 PM
What could go wrong?

^^^^Yes, depending on the current Covid uncertainty, Wawanesa should start late 2020 or early 2021.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 3:04 PM

Where is the ballet residence moving to? Do we know anything yet? Rumoured to be on the parking lot/parkade area.

I would assume they need a new place, or at least temporary (maybe in TNS as we've discussed) before blowing up their current space.

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 4:22 PM

I am beyond happy for Wawanesa and it's a great project for that site... but I've always loved the RWB residences building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Where is the ballet residence moving to? Do we know anything yet? Rumoured to be on the parking lot/parkade area.

I would assume they need a new place, or at least temporary (maybe in TNS as we've discussed) before blowing up their current space.
They've signed a 2 year lease in 225 Carlton for two full floors of residences, presumably will be extended as long as necessary. It sounds like the rumours of the RWB (exposed) parkade being torn down are true – and that's where their new residences would go.

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 4:33 PM

^ That is going to lead to even more of a parking crunch around there. I get that no one loves parkades but I can see the day coming where one gets in that vicinity. Although maybe the MAB's parkade will have some more capacity now that it won't be as busy a building as it used to be.

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
I am beyond happy for Wawanesa and it's a great project for that site... but I've always loved the RWB residences building.

They've signed a 2 year lease in 225 Carlton for two full floors of residences, presumably will be extended as long as necessary. It sounds like the rumours of the RWB (exposed) parkade being torn down are true – and that's where their new residences would go.
Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ That is going to lead to even more of a parking crunch around there. I get that no one loves parkades but I can see the day coming where one gets in that vicinity. Although maybe the MAB's parkade will have some more capacity now that it won't be as busy a building as it used to be.
Is that parkade open to the public parking? I've never been in there. There is a big parkade across the street too.

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 6:22 PM
What could go wrong?

I go to a lot of sporting events in US Cities and everyone has massive Emily/Tecumseh size parkades near event facilities. It has always amazed me that downtown Winnipeg doesn't have a giant parkade near Bell/MTS. I know they are not the greatest in terms of streetscape, but with the recent influx in density in the area, you wonder if one isn't on the horizon.

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
I go to a lot of sporting events in US Cities and everyone has massive Emily/Tecumseh size parkades near event facilities. It has always amazed me that downtown Winnipeg doesn't have a giant parkade near Bell/MTS. I know they are not the greatest in terms of streetscape, but with the recent influx in density in the area, you wonder if one isn't on the horizon.
Yeah, a nice big 5-story parkade with ground floor retail at Donald and St. Mary would work

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Grump View Post
Yeah, a nice big 5-story parkade with ground floor retail at Donald and St. Mary would work
I would rather one giant one be built right in the middle of downtown than several small ones that create sidewalk breaks everywhere and have no ground floor retail. A big one would be fine if it is properly disguised with cool cladding and has CRUs along a couple of its sides.

But seriously I have never felt the parking "crunch" once in my life in dt Winnipeg. Maybe because I don't find walking three blocks to be an inconvenience of any sort.

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Grump View Post
There was drilling going on in the lot last September. But no one's been able to provide any info as to a plan.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan