HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicalRecession View Post
Yeah I agree it sucks when the cut down mature trees and replace them with twigs.

Hey I've noticed the last few times that I have walked by that there is zero activity on the site, now workers, no equipment being used, like the lot was literally a ghost town, has anyone else seen activity happenning over the last few days? Maybe I walked by during lunch hour or something but it seemed odd there was no one there.
They were out this afternoon, I notice there's actiivity most of the time. I think they just like driving the machines around and punching holes in the ground. Also if they know your watching them, they disappear.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 7:17 PM

New render, I believe, from Fine Lyfestyles Mag:

http://www.finelifestyles.ca/magazineissue37

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 7:48 PM
Canadian Urbanite

Thanks for sharing, Stormer. Definitely a more detailed rendering than we have seen previously.

Good to see that there will be commercial incorporated at grade. This has come a long way as you may recall the original rendering had the front facade utilized to access the parkade.

The downtown urban design guidelines certainly came at the appropriate time. And, of course good on the developer for embracing them (for the most part).

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 7:58 PM

Any recent activity at the site?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Any recent activity at the site?

Busy, busy they are going hard everyday.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 3:15 PM

It would be great to see a shot from the sky of the progress on this site. Seems to be moving slow, but moving none the less, correct?

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask1982 View Post
It would be great to see a shot from the sky of the progress on this site. Seems to be moving slow, but moving none the less, correct?
I usually walk by the site in the morning and when I do there are always workers on site and equipment running.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2012, 8:35 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

All of these from last friday (the 13th), kind of forgot to post them on here >.>

Old Posted Apr 22, 2012, 7:46 PM

Probably safe to assume that like every other condo development these days it seems, that this project was pre-sold. I'm curious if anyone is aware how many units in this complex were sold before shovels started turning?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillweed View Post
Probably safe to assume that like every other condo development these days it seems, that this project was pre-sold. I'm curious if anyone is aware how many units in this complex were sold before shovels started turning?
They used to have a price list on their website that showed which units were sold, but I see it is not there anymore.

I noticed they had 3 concrete trucks onsite last night around 5:45.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 2:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownRiderFan View Post
They used to have a price list on their website that showed which units were sold, but I see it is not there anymore.

I noticed they had 3 concrete trucks onsite last night around 5:45.
Actually found it, wasn't easy but they do have a price list in a PDF file under the "floor plans". Which does in deed show the number of units sold.

Didn't do a detailed count but my own cursory estimate it looks like at least 40% of the units are sold. I guess thats enough to get the shovels turning.

Looks like a nice high-end development I don't see anything under $450,000.

Old Posted May 4, 2012, 9:05 PM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Taken during my yesterday drive.

Old Posted May 4, 2012, 9:41 PM

I am going to predict right now that this wont be done before 2015. Perhaps since there is no basement, it will be quicker, but this started in January and its now May. It seems little has been done.

Old Posted May 5, 2012, 12:09 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Don't be so sure, I noticed while looking at my pics that parts of the parking lot have now been ripped up; as evident by the pile of concrete slabs in one of my pics.

Old Posted May 5, 2012, 12:52 AM

This is probably not the reason why gardens on rose is moving slow but it could contribute to it. I know graham construction is a huge company but there has been a shortage of workers lately in the provincee. I know they have a major townhouse redevelopment in the east end, the huge upgrades to the water facilitys at pasqua st/ring rd and center square place and now gardens on rose. Those are only 4 projects that i know of that graham is doing, maybe thats why gardens on rose is moving slow if at all.

Old Posted May 5, 2012, 4:34 AM

Quote:
I am going to predict right now that this wont be done before 2015. Perhaps since there is no basement, it will be quicker, but this started in January and its now May. It seems little has been done.
No actual work was started until about March, and they be going hard at it since then.

Old Posted May 5, 2012, 1:54 PM

Quote:
From what I have seen they have been doing a lot of work - it just doesn't appear above ground. Lots of hole/pile drilling, lots of utility work including digging up the back alley to redo power and utilities back to 13th avenue including lots of work by Saskpower. Its odd that Capital point is hanging their current delay on Saskpower work but it doesn't seem to hold GoR back at all (although possibly much more juice going through the capital point trunk lines if that makes a diff).

Old Posted May 6, 2012, 1:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
From what I have seen they have been doing a lot of work - it just doesn't appear above ground. Lots of hole/pile drilling, lots of utility work including digging up the back alley to redo power and utilities back to 13th avenue including lots of work by Saskpower. Its odd that Capital point is hanging their current delay on Saskpower work but it doesn't seem to hold GoR back at all (although possibly much more juice going through the capital point trunk lines if that makes a diff).
Likely more juice there, they said a "major" trunk line that services a large portion of the downdown. But I think the biggest factor is while GoR has no basement, CP is going down three or four storeys for the parkade. They'll have to detour it completely around the property. It will be a large project in itself.

Old Posted May 6, 2012, 3:25 AM

Quote:
There may be no basement but there will most likely be a pit of some sort so not sure if much time will be saved.

Old Posted May 15, 2012, 2:44 PM

When I walked by this morning, they were loading a bunch of the bits, augers, casings etc. onto a truck and flatbed trailer. Perhaps they have finished all of the piles and ready to start doing something were progress will be visible.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan