HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 6, 2006, 8:16 PM

I think they should tear down the Day's Inn instead of renaming it. To me, it wouldn't fit in to the entire Allen Plaza complex. I guess that would cost too much. Also, when I was driving by 55 AP, it looks like they are finally showing visual progress on 45 AP. I know it's been techincally under construction, but I haven't seen any progress until now.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2006, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBlaxican
I think they should tear down the Day's Inn instead of renaming it. To me, it wouldn't fit in to the entire Allen Plaza complex. I guess that would cost too much.
It might not happen for a few years, but eventually if all those other lots sprout highrises the land value will become too high to support a midrise Days Inn on that tract.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2006, 8:47 PM

Update photos from 9-15-06:

Old Posted Sep 22, 2006, 9:06 PM
Back on the road again

Woo Hoo! Looks great, Joe!

Old Posted Sep 23, 2006, 1:25 PM

Nice pics! thanks

Old Posted Sep 23, 2006, 6:38 PM
Back on the road again

By my count, it appears that they are pouring the cieling of the 16th/floor of the 17th. Since the residential floors start at Floor 7, that means they've got 10 of them constructed, and 22 more to go. The residential tower is approaching 1/3 height. If you pull up the webcam and basically add two more of what's already been constructed, you can start to see how tall this is going to be relative to surrounding buildings.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2006, 4:06 PM

Can we assume since they've put all that glass in with the concrete raw and not painted that's the way the finished product is going to be? IMO looks tons better that way!

Old Posted Sep 25, 2006, 4:22 PM

^^^ according to the 12CP sales office, the concrete will remain bare and NOT be covered or painted like spire and realm. i think this is a huge win, hopefully novare realized stucco is not the way to go.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2006, 5:54 PM
Back on the road again

I wonder if there is going to be a means of passage between the condo tower and Twelve hotel on any of those upper floors (above common areas). Seems like there would be some cross-access somewhere, even if its clandestine and not known to anyone other than perhaps original contactors, architects, building management and building security.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2006, 7:42 PM

I still wonder what they plan on doing to that hidious wall of the parking deck that is facing Ivan Allen Blvd.?

Old Posted Sep 25, 2006, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLmangum
I still wonder what they plan on doing to that hidious wall of the parking deck that is facing Ivan Allen Blvd.?
I saw a picture somewhere... it's all retail on that side and that expanse of concrete block is completely hidden.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2006, 3:18 AM
Apathetic...and Loving It

Marta & 12cp

Regarding 12CP's proximity to the Civic Center MARTA station, does anyone know if 12CP will have a direct entrance to the station (a la Peachtree Summit or Bellsouth Center @ North Ave.) or make its residents walk to the present entrances. And yes I'm hoping for the former.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2006, 3:46 AM
Back on the road again

I'm fairly certain it is not being built with direct access to MARTA.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2006, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash3825
I saw a picture somewhere... it's all retail on that side and that expanse of concrete block is completely hidden.
Whew! Any ideas of what kind of retail?

Old Posted Sep 26, 2006, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD
I'm fairly certain it is not being built with direct access to MARTA.
That's a damn shame. Currently, that part of the station is an emergency exit and will be blocked by 12 CP. If they don't put a direct entrance, it will be a wasted opportunity.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2006, 3:38 PM

What is that concrete box thing at the end of the parking deck for...the support for the tower crane for towerII???? Now I think about it, I wish they would of either flipped the building the other way facing the W Hotel or did something to cover up/ make the parking deck more appealing. With all that's going on with Allen Plaza, it feel's like 12CP is turing its back to it, even with the retail on the side. Just my opinion!

Old Posted Sep 27, 2006, 5:24 PM

12CP is focusing it's foot traffic onto Peachtree or West PTree that faces the summit building not on Allen Plaza.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Sep 27, 2006, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBlaxican
What is that concrete box thing at the end of the parking deck for...the support for the tower crane for towerII????
I was thinking it's a stairwell or elevator well (or both) for the parking deck, but that's just a guess.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2006, 4:25 PM

Saw 12CP driving into downtown yesterday, and I am amazed how fast it's gone up.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2006, 3:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLmangum
Whew! Any ideas of what kind of retail?
Its being described as "neighborhood retail" (restaurants, cleaners, etc).

A look at the site plan shows that there will be three retail spaces on West Peachtree, one being the restaurant in the hotel. There will also be two levels of retail and one level of office space fronting Ivan Allen. The site plan is on the last page of the DRI review

I remember someone having the same concern about Realm when it was under construction with a concrete wall facing the street.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive