HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 7:41 PM

IIRC, The SLS proposal was contingent on 1105 West Peachtree moving forward. I thought they were going to be constructed simultaneously. Something to do with a shared street or loading space.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 8:07 PM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
IIRC, The SLS proposal was contingent on 1105 West Peachtree moving forward. I thought they were going to be constructed simultaneously. Something to do with a shared street or loading space.
Not 1105 west Peachtree but had something to do with the loading doc that they both would be sharing

Last edited by 1lifealex; Sep 20, 2018 at 9:34 PM.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 8:20 PM

Walking by there the other day, there seemed to be a few tenants moving out. Didn't think much of it...but now...

Additionally, MLC has removed http://www.mlcprop.com/apartments/mi...escent-avenue/ as of July 22, 2018 from their website, I believe they were the property manager for those units. I've reached out to them see what the current status is...

edit: And it appears someone from Trillist (eharrison@trillist.com) in the past week has been getting a bunch of permits for 1122 Crescent: COMMERCIAL/ELECTRICAL/PUBLIC UTILITY/UNIT 37. Not sure what these are for....don't know why you need these, but maybe a first step *possibly* begin demo'ing....?

edit2: And https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/us/sls-atlanta was updated on August 10, 2018...

Last edited by Triptychtwo; Sep 20, 2018 at 8:32 PM.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
SLS is not related to 1105 West Peachtree.

1105 West Peachtree (purple) is on the other side of Peachtree Walk. It has its own loading space. The project that was said to share loading with SLS Hotel is the area shaded in orange. SLS is shaded in blue.

This demolition related permit is the first movement I have seen by Selig on this particular block.

Last edited by jwbab; Sep 20, 2018 at 8:40 PM.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 8:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
Selig Enterprises filed for this SAP/SPI today:

https://aca3.accela.com/ATLANTA_GA/C...howInspection=

This is on the block immediately to the east of 1105 West Peachtree. (The same block as the proposed SLS Hotel).
  • Interesting...do you remember writing this after the SLS project went before the Midtown DRC in 2016?
Quote:

Originally Posted by jwbab
This project is contingent upon a Selig project immediately to the west. SLS will share service loading with the Selig project to the west and the restaurant on the south. The service loading will enter directly across from the service area at the Four Seasons on 13th St.

No further information about the Selig project but they cannot move forward with SLS until the Selig project is ready.

The only timetable provided on the the Selig project was “as fast as possible.”
  • Also note there is recent activity at 1122 Crescent Ave/SLA site
https://aca3.accela.com/ATLANTA_GA/C...ntTabIndex%7C1

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 8:50 PM

Cousins got the 3rd & Ponce site. They are going to develop that whole corridor.

Quote:
Cousins (NYSE:CUZ) has about three acres under contract at West Peachtree, Spring, Ponce de Leon and 3rd Street – a prime spot next to the landmark AT&T building and a trio of towers Portman Holdings is developing, including the new Anthem Inc. headquarters and the massive mixed-use project Coda.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 9:08 PM

Juniper and 5th crane is now up. Looks like this is in full swing of vertical construction. Considering no announcement back to apartments have to assume is going well with sales

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptychtwo View Post
Cousins got the 3rd & Ponce site. They are going to develop that whole corridor.
Oh boy. Rumblings around Selig, Gulch, new NS HQ in midtown, and Ponce & 3rd are making it seem like Atlanta may be gearing up for another wave of new construction. Here’s hoping it’s true and we see more residential along with it around town. 2019 could be a huge year for Atlanta development.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 9:38 PM

I'd like to think at least one of the largest, most exciting proposals from the past couple of years would be constructed. 1105 W. Peachtree, 1125 Peachtree, Cousins 5th and West Peachtree, SLS, Opus. I don't really care which one as long as at least one comes out of the ground.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
  • Interesting...do you remember writing this after the SLS project went before the Midtown DRC in 2016?
  • Also note there is recent activity at 1122 Crescent Ave/SLA site
https://aca3.accela.com/ATLANTA_GA/C...ntTabIndex%7C1
Yup, I remember that DRC meeting when all this was first mentioned. That was before Selig announced 1105 West Peachtree. I was surprised by the 1105 announcement because, based on that DRC meeting, I expected the eastern block shared with SLS Hotel to be developed first.

This is from Midtown Alliance for what Peachtree Walk would look like between 1105 West Peachtree and the Selig project to the east. There would be a mid-block pedestrian way that would continue over to SLS and somehow integrate with 1138 Peachtree to get you up to Peachtree St. It seemed like Trillist and Selig already had the whole area planned out.

I saw that zoning verification in Accela for 1122 Crescent (SLS) back in June and have been keeping my eye on any movement at that site since. According to Fulton County property records, it looks like the Zoning Verification was coincidental to a refinancing of the property by Leventhal/Trillist Cos.

A couple years ago it seemed like both SLS and 1138 Peachtree were imminent, but there has been complete silence since. Keeping my fingers crossed that we see movement soon.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 9:51 PM

Whatever happened to the Spring and 14th project that had several buildings in the range of 14 stories or so?

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 10:10 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
According to Fulton County property records, it looks like the Zoning Verification was coincidental to a refinancing of the property by Leventhal/Trillist Cos.
Wait...what? How do you see that? How do know the property needed to be refinanced? Where do you go to get this information? What else have you been hiding from us?

Jwbab - I am very envious of your skills.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 10:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptychtwo View Post
BTW - 3rd & Ponce is a little over 4 acres. Cousins is buying 3+ acres and CA Ventures is buying 1 acre. If you remember, CA Ventures is developing a 22 story in Buckhead Village.

http://product.costar.com/home/news/...95231?market=1

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 12:21 AM

Subject: Number of High Rise Building.

Why is it that Atlanta seems to be stuck with 290 highrise building on the official Skyscraperpage "building count"?

The city has built dozens of buildings taller than 10 stories in the past 10 years, but our tally seems to hoover around the 280-290 count. What gives???

When will Atlanta surpass the 300 threshold. Dallas (313) and Denver (303) has gotten there in resent years...
Who updates the number of highrises on this site? For heaven's sake Mississauga (a suburb of Toronto) is above Atlanta with 294. How did that happen?

I think the A is getting shafted.
Thoughts!!

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 4:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post
Subject: Number of High Rise Building.

Why is it that Atlanta seems to be stuck with 290 highrise building on the official Skyscraperpage "building count"?

The city has built dozens of buildings taller than 10 stories in the past 10 years, but our tally seems to hoover around the 280-290 count. What gives???

When will Atlanta surpass the 300 threshold. Dallas (313) and Denver (303) has gotten there in resent years...
Who updates the number of highrises on this site? For heaven's sake Mississauga (a suburb of Toronto) is above Atlanta with 294. How did that happen?

I think the A is getting shafted.
Thoughts!!
Actually, I've wondered about that myself. It doesn't seem like Atlanta's new high-rises are being added to the diagram page, either.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 11:50 AM

New development near Boulevard and Edgewood

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
Quote:
A $70 million mixed-use project is planned in Old Fourth Ward that will bring a new office building, boutique hotel and townhomes to what’s already a popular nightlife district.

Atlanta developer Lucror Resources, the same firm behind downtown’s FlatironCity, is planning its next project along Boulevard, near the intersection of Edgewood Avenue, where there’s a cluster of bars and restaurants.

Lucror Resources and Missouri-based capital partner Sixty West plan a 200,000-square-foot project with a seven-story office building, 80-key hotel, 10 townhomes and 10,000 square feet of food and beverage space.

Night photos: https://i.imgur.com/9S3yyXP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/rvTv3R9.jpg

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
This project is the one we’ve seen site plans for, but no renderings until now. I’m digging it a lot and it’s the type of development I’ve been expecting between downtown and the EST. Location is at 40 Boulevard NE just south of the sound table.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 12:25 PM

Oh no, what will become of Soundtable... Love the techno/house beats there.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Oh no, what will become of Soundtable... Love the techno/house beats there.
The site plan we saw previously did not include the block containing sound table.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations