HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Apr 1, 2006, 2:22 AM
Round Head

CALGARY | Centennial Place | 545 FT - 41 FLOORS | 330 FT - 23 FLOORS

Just for fun - one of many pretty big office proposals in Calgary

Centennial Place - 41 and 23 floor office ground level retail - taller one 545 ft What ya think?

Lobby

Concourse

Leasing info from September

Elevations (West and South, respectively)

Last edited by Wooster; Aug 24, 2008 at 2:37 AM.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2006, 3:04 AM
The True Avatar

Pretty nice. I do prefer the top on the original rendering though.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2006, 7:35 AM
Majestic

The Urban Design Panel really did some great work fixing up some of the ground level features of this project. It will be a great addition to the area, and get rid of a nasty surface parking lot.

Flickr

Old Posted Apr 1, 2006, 8:44 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenapolis
Pretty nice. I do prefer the top on the original rendering though.
Me too. At any rate, it looks good, I like it. Glad to see Calgary getting some more talls.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Apr 3, 2006, 6:35 PM
Editor

Looks good to me. It's too bad they didn't cut out the second building and just go with a 55 storey or something like that. Was shading an issue for this project?

Old Posted Jul 13, 2006, 10:49 PM
Round Head

The developer announced the start of construction for September. The 1st phase is the taller tower. 800 000 so sq. ft. Another one goes up in Calgary. \

Kind of Ho-hum for this city. We look forward to bigger and better proposals being released the the public in the next few months.
------------------------------

Oxford Properties Group Announces New Development in Calgary

Real Estate Investment Firm Announces Centennial Place
a 1.2 million square foot office development

CALGARY: Michael Latimer, President and CEO of Oxford Properties Group (Oxford), today announced that Oxford will build a new office development - Centennial Place - in the Eau Claire district of Calgary. Phase One, a 40-storey, 800,000 square foot office tower, will begin construction in September 2006 and is expected to be completed in the fall of 2009.

"We are excited to announce this prestigious new development in Calgary, especially given Oxford's 40-year development history in the Province of Alberta," said Michael Latimer, President and CEO of Oxford. "Calgary has proven itself to be an exceptional market for commercial real estate with today's low vacancy rates and high demand, and many organizations currently looking for new space. With its ideal location in the Eau Claire district, and its best-in-class design, construction, space utilization and amenities, we are confident that Centennial Place will be a great success."

"There is significant demand for large blocks of contiguous space in Calgary's core," says David Routledge, Vice President, Real Estate Management for Oxford in Calgary, "and vacancy rates for class A office space are currently at an historic low. Centennial Place has the size and stature to attract head offices tenancies, as well as other organizations seeking new, high quality space."

Centennial Place will be located in the Eau Claire district, bordered by 2nd and 3rd Avenue S.W. and 4th and 5th Street S.W. Phase One will stand 40 storeys, and will include an underground parking facility with 793 stalls as well as a two storey retail and food concourse.

Centennial Place was designed by WZMH Architects, who are well known for their work within Canada and internationally. Oxford will manage the project through development and upon completion, bringing their total inventory of office space in Calgary to almost 7 million square feet, and total inventory of office space in Canada to approximately 30 million square feet.

Centennial Place will be built in accordance with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) guidelines. LEED buildings feature efficient water and energy conservation systems, and are designed to meet a high standard of indoor environmental quality.

"Oxford has a rich history in Calgary with past developments including numerous downtown locations; TD Square, Canterra Tower, TD Canada Trust Tower and Ernst & Young Tower," says Routledge. "We are proud of Oxford's history in the city, and equally proud of the history of the City of Calgary and the Province of Alberta."

The name of the new development, Centennial Place, celebrates Alberta's Centennial year, and recognizes the history of Calgary and Eau Claire's contribution to the business community during the past one hundred years.

Last edited by Wooster; Jul 13, 2006 at 11:52 PM.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2006, 11:48 PM
Round Head

Latest Rendering from a full page ad in today's paper.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2006, 12:50 AM

The base looks mostly the same to me in both renderings, although the roof doesn't look as good in the second rendering, the newspaper scan seems to make it look the best. Maybe just the angle I guess. Overall I think this looks like a great project, and should be exciting to see it go up.

Oxford is sure taking a big risk, but given the success with Bentall's Livingston Place, they shouldn't have any problems filling it up.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2006, 2:24 AM
Pittsburgh rocks!!

It looks a little bland and boxy, but it is not too bad. It should be a decent addition to the skyline.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2006, 3:56 AM
Majestic

New stuff from Centennial's new website

http://www.oxfordproperties.com/Cent...site/index.htm

Elevations (West and South, respectively)

As a reminder, Phase I is the taller 40 story tower (172m) and Phase II is 23 stories (111m). Construction is set to begin in September.

http://www.skyscraperpage.com/cities...D=3&statusID=3

Building Specs:
http://www.oxfordproperties.com/Cent...ding_specs.pdf

Any of you illustrators out there want to have a go at Centennial?

(I know, I know... ask it in the right forum already...)

Flickr

Old Posted Aug 23, 2006, 11:26 PM

oh look, more twins.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2006, 3:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyc
oh look, more twins.
my thoughts exactly

Old Posted Aug 25, 2006, 12:59 PM

at least these towers are at an angle to eachother, so it is not blatantly obvious that they are the same tower. At least it will add greatly to the north side of our skyline.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2006, 3:22 PM
Majestic

Update: The groundbreaking for this project has been confirmed as Thursday, September 14, 2006.

Flickr

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 10:53 PM

Oct 27 , 2006 Site Prep

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 1:08 AM
Pharmaceutical elegance

It is great to see it getting started!!! Anyone know who is leasing space in the building? It would be nice to see both towers go quick go ASAP.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 5:50 PM

I bet this snow won't help with the site preparation. Canterra can you set up a webcam? you have the perfect vantage point.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 6:00 PM
Hypnotized

That'd be killer.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 6:04 PM

Fantastic. Things are rolling on quicker than I thought. I hated those parking lots.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyc
Canterra can you set up a webcam? you have the perfect vantage point.
I think I will let oxford look after a the web cam setup.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive