HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 7:31 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't like the "exoskeleton." It shortens the buildings, despite the lines being vertical.

Maybe, this could work as a stand-alone project, or as part of a odd-building district where you could showcase unconventional high-rises, but seeing it in its environment makes it look even more awkwardly off-putting. Sometimes, Zaha tries too hard.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 11:50 AM
Ascension

I like this tower. It's finally give Miami a piece of world class architecture that in my opinion Miami is really lacked. I like how the base is a very large 'M.'

Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 12:00 PM
Build Baby Build

I am quite of the opposite opinion than LMich. Miami doesn't need a tower to look tall, it needs the tower to look fresh. I think this design is world class and Hadid has amazed me with this proposal. It is the future of architecture, and Miami will probably never again get another project as amazing and city-altering as this. Too bad its not going up in San Francisco.

To those who are shocked by the prices, I can see Latin America written all over that helipad.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 2:46 PM
BANNED

Whoa. Cool!

Old Posted Mar 23, 2013, 2:13 PM

Don't be shocked at the prices....the condo market is hot again with South Americans and Europeans flooding the market.......

Old Posted Apr 3, 2013, 3:47 AM

A few pictures I took last weekend, can't wait for that gap to be filled, specially with this unique tower. If any of you were wondering, no color correction on these pictures the water is that nice

Miami by MrDreTheOne, on Flickr

MIami by MrDreTheOne, on Flickr

Miami by MrDreTheOne, on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 8, 2013, 9:19 PM
New Yorker for life

http://blog.archpaper.com/wordpress/archives/58538

One Thousand Museum, Zaha Hadid’s First Skyscraper in the West

April 8, 2013
Amanda Gruen

Quote:
Miami’s real estate market is climbing yet again after a few years of dramatic halts in new projects following the 2007 recession. Among the towers set to rise in the Magic City’s downtown is a residential high-rise designed by Pritzker prize-winner Zaha Hadid, who is also designing a dramatic parking structure in the city. Expectations of the new structure are soaring, and a set of renderings of the tower have recently been released. Developed by local hotshots Gregg Covin and Louis Birdman, the One Thousand Museum luxury condominium will be built amid a row of existing condo towers along Biscayne Boulevard just across from what will soon be Museum Park.

Set to open by 2018, the 62-story residential tower consists of 83 units costing anywhere from $4 to $30 million each. Among the highly luxurious features are a helipad and an amenity deck with multiple pools and cabanas. The units are massive and packed with enough features to entertain any Miami sun worshiper during their indoor moments, such as private elevators, media rooms, midnight kitchens, and libraries. Full-floor units will measure approximately 11,000 square feet each and will be available in two distinct layouts. Half floor units will measure 5,400 square feet and townhouse units will measure 8,600 square feet.

One Thousand Museum will be Zaha Hadid’s first skyscraper in the western hemisphere, another feather in the cap of Miami’s star-studded renewal.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2013, 5:35 PM

Roof top pool with a glass wall 700 feet above the street. Swimming in that would be....interesting

from the exmiami.org guys:
http://exmiami.org/index.php/zaha-ha...-above-ground/

Old Posted Jul 8, 2013, 12:43 AM

looks fantastic! I definitely want more of her work in the West. I hope LA gets one of hers soon.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2013, 1:16 AM
DENNAB

This building is awesome!

Is it likely getting built?

Old Posted Aug 2, 2013, 3:49 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2013, 4:00 AM
Everywhere all at once

Just delicious.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2013, 1:55 PM

This is like a futuristic Art Nouveau, using symmetrical organic shapes. I wonder if Zaha Hadid has drawn her inspiration from Antoni Gaudí.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2013, 12:16 AM

Wow! It's gorgeous!

Why I haven't visited in South Florida for a long time. It was so much change. I miss South Florida.

PS. Please share the pictures for me. I would like to bring it back a good memory. Thanks, Guys!

Old Posted Aug 7, 2013, 1:43 AM
An Optimistic Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design-mind View Post
This is like a futuristic Art Nouveau, using symmetrical organic shapes. I wonder if Zaha Hadid has drawn her inspiration from Antoni Gaudí.
This will probably be Miami first "real" building in a long time if it gets built.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2013, 6:35 PM

"Strategically scented"

http://www.miamitodaynews.com/news/130912/story7.shtml

Quote:
At 1000 Museum at 1000 Biscayne Blvd., for example, the plan is to offer Miami's first private helipad on a residential tower. There's also a long list of amenities, including a spa, aquatic center, valet, doorman and a system for strategically scenting the building. The most recent sale was for a 4,600-square-foot unit on the 29th floor that sold for $5.25 million. The groundbreaking is set for the first quarter of 2014.
It's the latest example of movement in the super-luxury market.
This year, the number of properties selling for more than $5 million increased more than 24% from last year, according to data from TrendGraphix, a market research group.
"But the real standout player was the ultra-prime properties priced over $10 million, which saw an impressive 50% increase, with 15 of those properties closing in the first six months of the year," Ms. de la Vega said.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2013, 12:21 AM
gettin' rich!

I love it very much...I will be in Miami soon. Unfortunatly it won't be there yet...

Old Posted Sep 14, 2013, 4:04 AM

Groundbreaking set for first Quarter of 2014

Looks like we have a time frame for construction to start! Can't wait to see this rise!

Old Posted Sep 14, 2013, 7:02 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

The exoskeleton is what distinguishes this tower. Looks alien in nature. Can't wait to see it in the future.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2013, 8:27 PM

I find this kind of creepy but at least it's daring and out-of-the-box.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive