HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Nov 14, 2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
The site plan was file for North Burnet Gateway Plaza.

https://abc.austintexas.gov/web/perm...ertyrsn=307370

That should be for the Capella project:

https://www.statesman.com/business/2...ed-near-domain
Is that basically where the Discount Tire is located?

I am sure the area NIMBYs will be up in arms over this as well. Even though they pretended to want something like this in McKalla place over the stadium.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 8:18 PM

The site plan for a mixed use development announced for the Chase Bank property on 2711 W Anderson is under review now.

AAS said last year it "could" have 5 stories and 268 apt units. They also indicated it would have 10k sq ft of retail space.

There haven't been any documents posted on the review site yet.

https://abc.austintexas.gov/web/perm...ertyrsn=341914

It would be great if this is just the first of many sites to redevelop along this corridor.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsnail View Post
The site plan for a mixed use development announced for the Chase Bank property on 2711 W Anderson is under review now.

AAS said last year it "could" have 5 stories and 268 apt units. They also indicated it would have 10k sq ft of retail space.

There haven't been any documents posted on the review site yet.

https://abc.austintexas.gov/web/perm...ertyrsn=341914

It would be great if this is just the first of many sites to redevelop along this corridor.
Now it's saying 321 units + office space. 60 feet, 2 levels of parking underground

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 9:45 PM
Meh

Seems kind of dumb to redevelop a ~60 foot building with another 60 foot building, even if the use is different and is closer to the street. They could pretty easily build up to the street and double the height. The nearest single family is next to that property to the south, but to the west are apartments, to the east is Burnet and a church with a large wide open property, and to north is a large parking lot. It seems like the taller portion could easily go on the north side of the property with the lower portion along Burnet and the southern property line. I've always thought that Chase Bank building looked like it was originally meant to be about 200 feet tall. Actually, that whole area there could be redeveloped. It's basically a sea of parking lots between Burnet and Mopac.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Nov 16, 2018, 3:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Seems kind of dumb to redevelop a ~60 foot building with another 60 foot building, even if the use is different and is closer to the street. They could pretty easily build up to the street and double the height. The nearest single family is next to that property to the south, but to the west are apartments, to the east is Burnet and a church with a large wide open property, and to north is a large parking lot. It seems like the taller portion could easily go on the north side of the property with the lower portion along Burnet and the southern property line. I've always thought that Chase Bank building looked like it was originally meant to be about 200 feet tall. Actually, that whole area there could be redeveloped. It's basically a sea of parking lots between Burnet and Mopac.
I believe you're thinking of the Chase building at 7600 Burnet Road. It is just down the road a ways from the two story Chase location that occupies the space up for redevelopment.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 9:56 PM

delete

Last edited by murfnut; Dec 10, 2018 at 8:54 PM.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 1:22 AM

Was up in the Domain area a couple of weeks ago and noticed that Domain 10 was in the site prep stage. Passed by again today and saw that they're already putting up a tower crane on site. Will get photos next time I'm up there.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 8:26 PM

There are four active site plans for the Domain South End District project. This is next to the IBM building, and the allowable height in this area is 308'. All four site plans were updated today, but the drawings are poor copies and not real clear. This looks to be the height of the three buildings:

Residential Tower (336 Units): 19-stories, 213'

Office Tower #1: 24-stories, 306'

Office Tower #2: 19-stories, 253'

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2018, 4:15 AM

Quote:
There are four active site plans for the Domain South End District project. This is next to the IBM building, and the allowable height in this area is 308'. All four site plans were updated today, but the drawings are poor copies and not real clear. This looks to be the height of the three buildings:

Does this mean the Domain itself is effectively full? No more lots to develop?

Old Posted Dec 6, 2018, 6:00 AM
World Traveler

I'm still holding out hope that some of those surface lots will be developed...

Old Posted Dec 6, 2018, 6:48 PM

delete

Last edited by murfnut; Dec 10, 2018 at 8:54 PM.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2018, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfnut View Post
IBM is going to vacate 045 within the next 3 years, then I assume the building will be coming down. They have been told their lease will not be renewed. IBM will not tell its employees when the lease ends. Rumors are between 2020 and 2022.

So expect something going in there.
IBM's lease at Domain 45 expires May 2027, however that doesn't mean they can't come to an agreement with Stonelake to end it earlier.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2018, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTxDevelopment View Post
IBM's lease at Domain 45 expires May 2027, however that doesn't mean they can't come to an agreement with Stonelake to end it earlier.
Are you sure its 2027 ? I can not image its that long. Is there a public records doc that shows that ?

Old Posted Dec 8, 2018, 7:58 AM
Meh

Quote:

Can you post the links for those? I haven't been able to find any files for those.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Dec 8, 2018, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Can you post the links for those? I haven't been able to find any files for those.
Each of the three buildings has a site plan, and the entire project has a site plan as well. The site plan for the entire project is the one that lists the heights - page 31 on the attachment. It is very difficult to read.

Domain South End District Site Plan:
https://abc.austintexas.gov/web/perm...rtyrsn=3323214

The residential tower and one office building are planned near the NE corner of the IBM building, and one office building is directly South of the IBM building on Braker.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 6:42 PM

I mentioned that the IBM building was going to go away eventually, we are just waiting to hear when.

Here is an interesting picture, not sure if you have seen this before but it was buried in the flatirons plan (page 107), it shows the circulation plan at the time in 2014, much of what was planned has changed, more to office vs apartments but it shows the building gone.
https://abc.austintexas.gov/attachme...b%2BTxCKuOA%3D

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 3:29 PM

This weird, large, historically vacant plot of land is up for sale on Braker, just east of 35. I guess the owners were the last holdouts when that area of north Austin was being developed in the 80s. Maybe the inheritors are finally looking to sell.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...84_rect/16_zm/

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndic View Post
This weird, large, historically vacant plot of land is up for sale on Braker, just east of 35. I guess the owners were the last holdouts when that area of north Austin was being developed in the 80s. Maybe the inheritors are finally looking to sell.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...84_rect/16_zm/

The homeless camps in that area will be pissed.

But, I am curious what happens there. I hope it doesn't just become more single home housing, or another generic apartment only complex, but that is my guess.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschwab View Post
The homeless camps in that area will be pissed.

But, I am curious what happens there. I hope it doesn't just become more single home housing, or another generic apartment only complex, but that is my guess.
That is my guess as well. Sucks. I would prefer something cool to go in there. You can see where I live by the blue dot in the screen shot. So I have an interest in it turning into something cool.

I guess, worst case scenario... some new homes make the area a little more gentrified. So maybe some cool things will result either way.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndic View Post
That is my guess as well. Sucks. I would prefer something cool to go in there. You can see where I live by the blue dot in the screen shot. So I have an interest in it turning into something cool.

I guess, worst case scenario... some new homes make the area a little more gentrified. So maybe some cool things will result either way.
You are about a 10 minute walk from my place - I live across Braker in Pioneer Farms.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin