HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 4:42 PM

Looks like Megadeth is coming to the Avenir Center May 13th for any metal fans !

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck17 View Post
Looks like Megadeth is coming to the Avenir Center May 13th for any metal fans !
Oh that’s sick! I’ll be there for sure. Do you have details on the announcement? I can’t find anything on it.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 5:35 PM

Ever since the Avenir Centre opened, metal fans has been asking for a show!

Time to see if they'll put their money where their mouths is.

Speaking of money, after one weekend of GnR tickets being sold:

- The Pit is not sold out yet (the 400$ ticket price might discourage a lot of people)
- The seated floor behind sold pretty well, theres spots here and there (mostly the expansive one on each side)
- The last few sections of the stand on each side has been barely sold, and understandably, the cheapest tickets in the stand are 288$ no matter the spot!
- And lol to the scalpers thinking they'll make money selling floor tickets in the LAST rows!

I feel like they'll hope for a boost once the openers are announced (show is suppose to start at 6PM, so there will be a few of them for sure). If nothing happens, I wouldnt be surprised if they lower the tickets for the sections in the back. They did similar in Montreal in 2017, where they set up a "30$ GA section" behind the "Regular GA", a few weeks before showtime.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 5:37 PM

Megadeth posted on there Facebook page but have taken it down. Not sure if they jumped the gun on announcement or if it was a mistake.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck17 View Post
Megadeth posted on there Facebook page but have taken it down. Not sure if they jumped the gun on announcement or if it was a mistake.
Looks to be a jumped gun. Can't find anything on their site or on reddit etc.
I'm curious who the openers will be more than actual Megadeth lol.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 6:08 PM

Megadeth is always known for bringing top notch openers with them.

The last tour featured Trivium, Lamb of God and In Flames!

Lets just hope its not an "Ozzy" situation where the promoter didnt bring Rob Zombies when he played Moncton/Halifax.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2023, 3:24 PM

Although Cavendish is out, it sounds like the festival will go ahead still just at a different venue. I’m curious to see where it lands, and who will headline on Friday.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2023, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan93 View Post
Although Cavendish is out, it sounds like the festival will go ahead still just at a different venue. I’m curious to see where it lands, and who will headline on Friday.
So what's the guesses? I think the YQM Country fest site is too small personally, CBMF site can get close to 40K. So to me that leaves Medavie Blue Cross Stadium (close to 30K?), Magnetic Hill (crickets around this site, but basically unlimited capacity), Halifax Garrison Grounds, Wanderers grounds? any others? Seems unlikely they'd bother with PEI at this point.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2023, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
So what's the guesses? I think the YQM Country fest site is too small personally, CBMF site can get close to 40K. So to me that leaves Medavie Blue Cross Stadium (close to 30K?), Magnetic Hill (crickets around this site, but basically unlimited capacity), Halifax Garrison Grounds, Wanderers grounds? any others? Seems unlikely they'd bother with PEI at this point.
I don't think Halifax wants more outdoor concerts? They don't seem to try and attract them anymore. I'd say Moncton is more likely, and if Halifax, definitely Citadel Hill/Garrison Grounds. The Halifax Commons won't host another concert for a long time.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2023, 5:22 PM

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6763888

The second part of the article is where it mentions that they will still be going ahead with it. It also said such on the local news last night.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 12:19 AM

Actually it is going to be held in Cavendish after all. The decision was overturned and the festival has been granted a permit.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 1:02 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Actually it is going to be held in Cavendish after all. The decision was overturned and the festival has been granted a permit.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...ommo-1.6764365

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 1:26 AM

I was checking to see how Loverboy/Kim Mitchell in Summerside was selling earlier. Not good. There are barely any tickets sold yet and it’s next month….

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 12:23 PM

Quote:
I was checking to see how Loverboy/Kim Mitchell in Summerside was selling earlier. Not good. There are barely any tickets sold yet and it’s next month….
Think they are priced wayyyyy too high. I think floor tickets could have went at 55 and then seating at 35/45 ish.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgeoftea View Post
Think they are priced wayyyyy too high. I think floor tickets could have went at 55 and then seating at 35/45 ish.
Who is paying $100.00 for this...

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcamera View Post
Who is paying $100.00 for this...
I wouldn’t even pay $25 for this show lol. Not a fan.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 2:15 PM

Saint John to host new country music festival

https://www.country94.ca/2023/03/02/...usic-festival/

Quote:
"Some big names in Canadian country music will be taking the stage in Saint John this summer.

The first Boxcar Country Music Festival will take place July 28 and 29 on the Saint John waterfront.

Dean Brody and James Barker Band will headline the two-day festival, which will also include a selection of New Brunswick country music artists.

The new music festival is being organized by the team at AREA 506. Founder Ray Gracewood said they are excited to bring another weekend of music to the waterfront.

“We have heard from fans of country music that this is something they’d love to see in Saint John, and we’ve been working hard to deliver an exciting concept that creates an interesting dynamic with elements from both the East and West coasts,” Gracewood said in a news release.

Similar to the AREA 506 Festival, the inaugural Boxcar Festival will take place in the space adjoining the Waterfront Container Village.

The container village will host a variety of country-themed, family-friendly events including experiential activities, food trucks, and the vendor market throughout the weekend.

“It will truly be a unique experience that extends beyond the concert,” said Gracewood.

Friday’s line-up includes James Barker Band, Hunter Brothers, The Road Hammers, Tristan Horncastle, Jessica Rhaye & The Ramshackle Parade, and Émilie Landry.

The Saturday line-up includes Dean Brody, Madeline Merlo, Sacha, Riley Taylor, Melissa Marshall, and Shawn Richard.

Tickets are now on sale at boxcarfest.ca. They include a limited number of early bird weekend passes for $139 plus taxes and fees.

General admission weekend passes are $169 plus taxes and fees while VIP weekend passes are $349.

Single-day general admission and VIP tickets are also available, along with free general admission for
those under the age of 12 accompanied by an adult.

Officials say there are also “very limited” quantities of 10-person VIP pods available."

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I wouldn’t even pay $25 for this show lol. Not a fan.
These types of bands are typically what you see as "free" shows that smaller citys pay for Canada Day acts or the Car show in Moncton.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
These types of bands are typically what you see as "free" shows that smaller citys pay for Canada Day acts or the Car show in Moncton.
yeah a few years ago they played in Parksville, British Columbia at their Canada Day event where the stage was on a semi trailer. Maybe they thought being added to Foreigner's summer amphitheater tour might mean they'd be okay with a junior A sized rink show.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2023, 4:58 PM

Just saw a FB post that Mumford and Sons is coming to PEI (as we expected):

"Mumford and Sons will headline Sommo Festival on PEI! A weekend festival including Maggie Rogers and Vance Joy!"

https://www.facebook.com/sommofest/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces