HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 7:34 PM
Kodachrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
The problem is you erroneously editorialized the title of the article. Then you made it worse by trying to backup your editorialization with some weird semantics game.
I did not change anything in the article and I provided a link. Being that this is
an opinion based forum, I gave my opinion below the link. Do you believe
every article you read at face value? I know you and others here really wanna
believe all the propaganda developers and other cheerleader's publish.

I on the other hand see errors and other important info being over
looked and tend to shy away and not believe all the bullish hype.
Didn't the last development cycle that ended in 2008 teach you anything?

Last edited by innov8; Sep 9, 2019 at 7:45 PM.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8 View Post
I did not change anything in the article and I provided a link. Being that this is
an opinion based forum, I gave my opinion below the link. Do you believe
every article you read at face value? I know you and others here really wanna
believe all the propaganda developers and other cheerleader's publish.

I on the other hand see errors and other important info being over
looked and tend to shy away and not believe all the bullish hype.
Didn't the last development cycle that ended in 2008 teach you anything?
If you just posted a link and the actual title I don't think anyone would of batted an eye, but what you did was post the article link, then posted your own title for the article, then an excerpt.

That is literally the definition of editorializing an article. And on a lot of forums that will get your post deleted.

Giving an opinion on the article is fine, and again I don't think anyone would of batted an eye at that, but you did something very different. You editorialized the title to misrepresent what the article was saying.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 7:52 PM

An example of what most forums have of posting articles.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GenderCriti...ditorializing/

Because what you posted was misleading.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 7:55 PM
Kodachrome

I did not change the title of the article, I provide a link and gave my opinion.

I see what your doing here... you sure like to stir it up if you can

Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8 View Post
I did not change the title of the article, I provide a link and gave my opinion.

I see what your doing here... you sure like to stir it up if you can
It's the way you posted it, not the fact that you have your opinion. Did you even read my post? You're acting like I am making things up just to stir up yet I even provided a link to another forum with what is generally accepted in editorializing the title of an article, which is exactly what you did. And why its generally banned in forums since it's misleading.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 2:49 AM

He did not post an editorialized title. It's not a title. It was his opinion of the article, summed up in bold. If he had put the author's name, etc. after the bolded heading, then I would say he editorialized the title.

At that time, the MLS had denied Sacramento for the 28th spot. (After implying that Sacramento was a shoe-in for that spot, I might add.)

Also, the most recent article merely states that Republic FC and the MLS have agreed to a framework for a deal. That's it. A framework to make a deal to join may be in place. After the article was published, Republic FC released the following statement:

Quote:
We appreciate the great excitement and anticipation in our community about Sacramento’s bid to join Major League Soccer. As we have stated all along, we are working tirelessly to finalize an agreement to bring MLS to a city and a fanbase that deserves it. We respect the league’s expansion process and will not be providing any additional comment at this time.
https://www.sacrepublicfc.com/news_article/show/1047197

Doesn't sound very "Rah Rah!" to me.

Having said all that, personally, I think there's a good possibility that Sacramento will be playing in the MLS in 2022 (or 2023 or 2024). We shall see what the next few weeks brings. Regardless, I'll believe it when I see it - When the last nail is hammered and the first kickoff happens.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 5:30 PM

The way it was formatted, it was an editorialized title. This is not even my standards, this is a pretty universal understanding on how articles are shared on the internet. Even the post DIRECTLY after this post confused his supposed opinion with the facts of an article:

Quote:
Chill out man, did you even read the article you posted? Where does it say it denied Sacramento anything? Stop with your made up click bait titles.
He is even confused about innov8's editorialized title being opinion instead of facts from the article. That's exactly what an editorialized title is supposed to do, inject opinion into an article as fact, or as a quote from the article.

The standard way to post an article on a forum or reddit would be

http://www.articleklink.com
Title (Copy and paste from article title)
Excerpt (Copy and paste small snipet)

Changing the title part of sharing the article, yet keeping the same link and same exert, would be the definition of "editorializing" the title of the article you are sharing. Again, this is not even something I'm randomly making up, this is pretty standard all over internet, and especially on reddit where your post would just get removed.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfenoc View Post
At that time, the MLS had denied Sacramento for the 28th spot. (After implying that Sacramento was a shoe-in for that spot, I might add.)
Who implied Sacramento was a show-in for spot 28? And don't you see a significant difference in "Denies Expansion" and "Denies for the 28th spot" when there are 30 spots available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfenoc View Post
Also, the most recent article merely states that Republic FC and the MLS have agreed to a framework for a deal. That's it. A framework to make a deal to join may be in place. After the article was published, Republic FC released the following statement:

https://www.sacrepublicfc.com/news_article/show/1047197

Doesn't sound very "Rah Rah!" to me.

Having said all that, personally, I think there's a good possibility that Sacramento will be playing in the MLS in 2022 (or 2023 or 2024). We shall see what the next few weeks brings. Regardless, I'll believe it when I see it - When the last nail is hammered and the first kickoff happens.
Im definitely on board of I'll believe it when it's officially confirmed with all of the jerking around MLS has done to Sacramento over the past few years, but with the reports over the past week it was really strange to post "Sacramento denied MLS expansion" when nothing really in the news was implying that. But again, I don't have a problem with having that opinion, just not presenting that article in a way to mislead people in to thinking that's what the article says when it said or implied nothing of the sort.

And like I said in the previous post, it seems like NikeFutbolero also thought his post was misleading.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 7:01 PM
Kodachrome

First off, who else believes we should nominate Majin the Sac sub forum
moderator? This will fulfill his illusions of grandeur on telling us how all the
internet is managed.

According to the Skyscraperpage rules on posting, the only thing I did wrong
was my link was not in quotes like this You can add more to the quote from the article, but it must be in a quote… here, on this site SSP.com. http://www.skyscraperpage.com/forum/...d.php?t=175236

I think we just watched Majin’s head pop, my posting was the last straw and
he’s going ape right now. All the other links to articles with opinions for years
and years by everyone else got a pass, but mine was the end of the line and
now he’s now going to use me as the example... or something?

I have been shamed, but at least I stayed on topic

Last edited by innov8; Sep 10, 2019 at 7:18 PM.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 7:28 PM

You attach too much importance to yourself. I don't really care in any personal regard, nor do I care about any ssp rules or any other forum. It's not like I reported you to anyone or would I ever report anyone to any moderators in any forum (again, I don't care). Just pointing likely why NikeFutbolero reacted the way he did. Notice how I didn't bother posting (because I didn't really care) until the back and forth between you and NikeFutbolero.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 11:20 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

From what I heard today (somebody i trust but nobody involved in the negotiations) we could be hearing something more definitive next week.

Either way i wont be surprised if we hear something (or don’t). Lol.

I think the MLS is doing it’s due diligence but there’s no denying that the delay has jacked up the price for Sacramento’s franchise fee and stadium.

Fingers crossed

Old Posted Sep 13, 2019, 12:18 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

The latest is that the announcement that was supposed to happen next week has been postponed.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 5:02 PM

New soccer stadium????

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 7:57 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Good to see where it will be from the ground, some great views of downtown no doubt from the entire neighborhood (till it's fully integrated into downtown itself).

Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 5:08 PM

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/new...expected-soon/

Major League Soccer expansion: Sacramento to be awarded a franchise for 2022; announcement expected soon

Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 6:44 PM

Old Posted Sep 20, 2019, 12:17 AM

Somebody is playing games?????......MLS is saying no deal yet....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ClrQPufBM

Last edited by novatone82; Sep 20, 2019 at 3:34 PM.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2019, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novatone82 View Post
Somebody is playing games?????......MLS is saying no deal yet....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ClrQPufBM
Regardless of what articles say, there has never been a mention of a deal by either party--any mention of it is speculation by news outlets. Both the MLS and Sac Rep. continue to clarify there is no deal but they are in "advanced discussions".

Let's hope though that there is an announcement soon!

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeFutbolero View Post
No one has to eat any crow here. Just look at this thread, started by you in 2014. Sacramento was a front-runner then and that's all it is now, some five years later.

Still nothing but promises while several other cities have been awarded franchises.

I hope it works out, and I think it will, but if you're not skeptical at this point, you're not paying attention.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 8:01 PM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Crickets..

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area