HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Apr 6, 2008, 7:09 AM
Meh

Antiques Road Show in San Antonio

PBS' The Antiques Road Show has come to San Antonio for the 2nd time. The episode will air this Monday at either 7 pm or 8 pm on San Antonio's PBS affiliate KLRN. This is actually part 3 of a three part series.

Check it out. They usually talk about the city a bit, and San Antonio no doubt has a lot of history, so I'm sure they'll discuss that and show the city a bit.

Several years ago when they came to Austin my godfather was actually one of the people on the show with a grandfather clock he had.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Apr 7, 2008, 1:14 AM

Sweet action!! I love A-R

Old Posted Apr 7, 2008, 3:20 PM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

nice...

maybe someone will show up looking for the value of one of our antique skyscrapers.

"You really have an interesting piece here. I would say this was a depression-era piece, probably part of a larger set that never quite materialized. The stone-work is magnificent and the piece has actually held up quite well. I would say that you've found a real treasure here. Any idea what it's worth?"

Old Posted Apr 8, 2008, 3:11 AM
Meh

^ Ha, yeah. He'd probably say though that the giant antenna up there has decreased the value a bit since it's been altered. I like watching the Antiques Roadshow.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Apr 8, 2008, 3:51 AM

Yeah, I watched this a few weeks ago. It was my first time to watch Antiques Roadshow (I only watched it because it was in San Antonio hah). I enjoyed it though, it was fun to see the antiques - I especially liked the Civil War era gun.

On a side note, not to get off-topic but since we're talking about San Antonio on TV, I'm pretty upset with the lack of city shots this weekend w/ the Final Four

Old Posted Apr 8, 2008, 4:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydoc14 View Post
Yeah, I watched this a few weeks ago. It was my first time to watch Antiques Roadshow (I only watched it because it was in San Antonio hah). I enjoyed it though, it was fun to see the antiques - I especially liked the Civil War era gun.

On a side note, not to get off-topic but since we're talking about San Antonio on TV, I'm pretty upset with the lack of city shots this weekend w/ the Final Four

Exactly!! It's like if it was done on purpose. Bad CBS!!
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio