HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jan 14, 2008, 8:31 AM

A SunDay Drive DT SA-01/13/08

i am going to address the fact of why i didn't post these pics into other threads already started that have info and construction pics on some of these buildings. my reason is that i took these pics as on a quick little drive thru dt which like most things in my life, was on a whim. luckily, i had my camera with me so i thought that maybe it would be a nice little update for y'all and a nice little view of DT SA on this beautiful sunday morning/early noon.

here is just the preview of all the pics i took... which i will upload the rest tomorrow after i get home from work. i don't get many chances to scout out the new projects online or in the field as much as i use to because i have been traveling to Philly, LA and i am moving in march to San Fran... so all has been so busy!!! so when i share my photos with you guys please remember that i only do it because i would enjoy you guys sharing the same with me... so if you have a smartass comment to make like trae or complex did in the other thread that i posted about the tesoro crane, just refrain from it, please. i am sarcastic and funny crazy and goofy, but i am not an asshole or would ever want someone to feel like what they offered wasn't good enough.

Thanks GUYS,

Matt Williams
matttwentyeight@yahoo.com
myspace.com/woink_woink
832 338 5330

NOW onto the SHOW

This one below here is for KEVIN... when i upload the others he will know what i am talking about.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2008, 2:00 PM
Austinite

Great shots and updates! As much as we bash the Grand Hyatt, the design is not half bad. The upper floors look sleek with the glass, especially from the side-angled view in your third pic.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2008, 4:31 PM
Endless Moments...

I have the same song as you...

Hide And Seek - Imogen Heap: (Tiesto Remix).

I am sorry, but I can never dislike another Tiesto fan, even though they may call me out in their thread, but its okay I over it...

Old Posted Jan 14, 2008, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopacs View Post
Great shots and updates! As much as we bash the Grand Hyatt, the design is not half bad. The upper floors look sleek with the glass, especially from the side-angled view in your third pic.
And too, notice how the colored squares make the Hyatt look like it's made of rectangles instead of a billion squares. That's one of the things I'm most excited about, and I also think it makes it look a little taller too.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2008, 9:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matttwentyeight View Post

Looks really tall from that view

The color of the glass looks just like The Tower in FW (which isn't a bad thing because The Tower is one beautiful building). In fact the whole glass area of the Hyatt looks like The Tower because of the color and the metal frames.

Looks like they're putting up the little "lantern" squares for the penthouse...which also looks like it's making the penthouse a tad bit taller

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 12:52 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by matttwentyeight
This one below here is for KEVIN... when i upload the others he will know what i am talking about.
Thanks bud. Some really nice shots there, good compositions. Do upload the rest please! And yeah, the Grand Hyatt looks decent in these. That greenish glass is looking good.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jan 16, 2008, 4:03 AM

I was also in SA this past weekend.

They are still doing site prep on the Broadway and the Marriott Courtyard is up to 6 floors (including river level).

Old Posted Jan 16, 2008, 5:13 AM

Are there any renderings for the courtyard? Maybe some height specs as well, curious to know if it will effect the skyline. thanks

Old Posted Jan 16, 2008, 5:16 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

The Courtyard reminds me of a building going up in New York or Chicago. By that I mean it's this building being squeezed into two other buildings, it's quite a sight for downtown SA.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2008, 5:27 AM

I wanna know what happened to the rest of the pics that were supposed to be on here lol.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2008, 7:21 PM

Such good photos, but so few. You leave us yearning for more. Why? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeee?

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 5:40 AM

i am uploading them RIGHT now guys... sorry, i have been sick the past few days... and haven't been up to cut and paste cut and paste..

there are over a 136 of them so i am going to load them by sections... i always worry i am going to type in the wrong image code or push backspace accidentally and lose all the html addresses i have input... CAUSE IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE!!!

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 6:53 AM

VIDORRA PICS

I LOVE THIS VIEW AND YOU WILL SEE IT MORE THAN ONCE,,, GUARANTEED

I CAUGHT A TRAIN IN ST.PAUL SQUARE & I thought it would look cool to take pics of the buildings as they went in and out of the gaps between the train carts.. i like how it came out!

NOW that the VIDORRA section of this thread is finished, i still have at least another 80 pictures to post about the grand hyatt, vistana, the courtyard marriott and the san antonio credit union (which has come to fame recently) along with some other building that san antonio is known for as well!

thanks guys and i hope you enjoy... this is just a third of the pics i took!

matt williams

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 7:06 AM
Meh

Nice. Looks like the weather was perfect that day. And nice job with the train/skyline pics. Creative idea.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matttwentyeight View Post
What I find most interesting about this pic is how tall the Weston looks from here at almost a mile away. Yeah, I'm wierd and focus on things like that haha.

All the other pics are fantastic, and I've noticed in some that the Hyatt's glass blends in with the sky which I think looks really cool. Both Vidorras are really gonna make the area look dense and full of high-rises. Go SA!

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 6:45 PM

Well done. Those hit the spot lol, keep it up and we will keep on enjoying.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 6:56 PM

Great pics! Wish the Vidorra would have kept the intial design. That would have been a great addition to the skyline. The new design is better than nothing, I guess.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2008, 12:25 AM

Courtyard Marriott

Here you are SAguy... Only 3 pics tho... sorry!

Kevin I tried posting it to a previous thread on the hotel, but it didn't show up... so i hope that it's cool i put it in here, too!

Old Posted Jan 19, 2008, 12:58 AM

THE GRAND HYATT aka ALTEZA aka THE GREAT WALL OF DT SA (that last comment is In My Opinion)!!!

i was EXTRA PLEASED with these last two cause the first one was taken right as i was maneuvering onto the entrance ramp onto 37/281 and the 2nd one was taken right after i actually got onto the highway... some very close calls if ya know what i mean p~

i love the color of the glass... i think it is one thing that sets it apart from everything else DT; IT JUST LOOKS SQUEAKY CLEAN & Modern!!!

still got more coming but gonna take a posting break... ENJOY!!!

Old Posted Jan 19, 2008, 3:38 AM
Meh

Cool. Thanks Matt. Believe me, I know how tedious it can be posting that many pics, so I appreciate it.

Thou shall not indict

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio