HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2007, 4:01 AM
Chillin' in The Burgh

I love it, and would be proud to have it in Pittsburgh!

If it lacks anything, I think it is very handsome as is, but I think one of the things builders and financiers of highrises should consider is that the only difference alot of times between a average building and a truly memorable one is a impressive spire or dome or whatever "roof-accessory" you want to call it; Imagine the Chrysler tower in New York for example, it would be a boring average looking rectangle of a building without the great metallic finishing spire.. But instead it is known throughout the world as one of the most classy scrapers ever built.

So I personally think the little semi-circle modern crown of the E-Tower is a suitable cap, but a little bit more grand of a roof finishing would no doubt give this tower a more famous look to it; But regardless it is very nice already!

Last edited by Austinlee; Jan 26, 2007 at 4:44 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture