HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 4:22 PM

He goes to many NBA cities that are smaller and aren't any better than S.A, and don't have as vibrant downtowns. He doesn't go into Salt LAke and label that city the same way. I think he is secretly racists. This man hails from Alabama. If any place is backwoods, I'd start there first.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 4:34 PM

I will say, where they put the At&T Center was a big mistake. In the center of a industrial area, and slum run down area of town. The nicest thing you will see is a Valero gas station. Outsiders might get the impression that all San Antonio is like this.This has to be one of the biggest mistakes the city has made. I remember Cyndi Krier saying it would be a great ideal to build next to the coliseum. The Mayor at that time wanted it downtown or far Northeast S.A.

Big, Big mistake!
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 5:32 PM

Ratings of NBA cities. Interesting!

http://travel.latimes.com/articles/l...e=destinations

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in S.A TX View Post
He goes to many NBA cities that are smaller and aren't any better than S.A, and don't have as vibrant downtowns. He doesn't go into Salt LAke and label that city the same way. I think he is secretly racists. This man hails from Alabama. If any place is backwoods, I'd start there first.
So Paul, when is your 8th grade graduation?

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 7:08 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Ratings of NBA cities. Interesting!

http://travel.latimes.com/articles/l...e=destinations
13. San Antonio: The River Walk is fun, and Austin is only an hour away.

I love it...

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 8:17 PM
Ya Dig!!

Quote:
He has indeed done this to Salt Lake City. You're the only one making a big deal about this. You're the only one that is taking this serious. Get over it.

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 10:04 PM

Ha ha... lets not make this personal! It may not hit you below the belt, but, I was born on the Riverwalk, it ruffles my feathers a bit. Anyhow, Lets see if he comes into our arena and is disrespectful.

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 10:17 PM
Meh

Are basketball players really that important?

Video Link

Video Link

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 10:59 PM
Todo para la familia

Guess that means none of you will be in Barkley's Fave Five huh...

Look...I'm a Suns fan but I must say that your team is kick azz and your city is kick azz. I was in San Antonio for Five years (stationed @ lackland). I've never had a bad thing to say about your city. Loved it. Barkley just wants to tick people off cause he's a knuckle head and he's just TURRBLE at making sense half the time.

Barkley talks about how piss poor every team does and he's hardly ever right.

Brush that shyt off SA-Towners y'all already know your town is sweet and only pieces of it are PODUNK.

I live in TUCSON and I love this city but I know there is some straight PODUNK places here.

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Ha ha... lets not make this personal! It may not hit you below the belt, but, I was born on the Riverwalk, it ruffles my feathers a bit. Anyhow, Lets see if he comes into our arena and is disrespectful.
Well so far, it hasn't hit anyone below the belt (even those from SA), except yourself.

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 11:57 PM

Yea I'm sure the mayor and city leaders love the comments. And how would you know? You don't live here. I have read blogs and many people are a bit ticked off. He talked his smack years ago and still does. I read he use to trash talk Hemisfair Arena. I think Spurs fans will have something to say to him tonight with signs or banners. They have in the past. I just hope the Spurs pull it off tonight.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 12:20 AM

Who cares. SA was the fasted growing city last year and the last time I checked still had a some what good economy unlike most of the country so who cares what CB has to say.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Yea I'm sure the mayor and city leaders love the comments. And how would you know? You don't live here. I have read blogs and many people are a bit ticked off. He talked his smack years ago and still does. I read he use to trash talk Hemisfair Arena. I think Spurs fans will have something to say to him tonight with signs or banners. They have in the past. I just hope the Spurs pull it off tonight.
Cry moar.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post

I love it...
Yea, it kinda makes it sound like there's more to do in Austin than SA.

GO SPURS!!!!

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 1:42 AM
SR United Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Well so far, it hasn't hit anyone below the belt (even those from SA), except yourself.
Although i didnt see this incident live i was still offended. But then again the man is nothing more than a philistine to me now.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 3:24 AM
Ya Dig!!

Uh oh. I'm sure that comment from Barkley will not sit well with Paul. lol

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 3:47 AM
Wish I was home

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post
Yea, it kinda makes it sound like there's more to do in Austin than SA.

GO SPURS!!!!
Isn't there?

And to say Barkley is racists because he doesn't like San Antonio is absurd. Paul you are VERY insecure when it comes to your town.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 3:52 AM

Paul, I don't understand how Barkley "trashing" SA makes it OK for you to trash Alabama. Have you ever been to AL? I haven't traveled extensively there but I had a roommate in college who lived in Birmingham who I went home with for thanksgiving, and the area around his parents' house was absolutely beautiful. Not to mention his parents were pretty loaded and lived in a very upscale neighborhood.

The Huntsville area also has a relatively large concentration of wealthy, educated people, is home to NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center and the Army's Missile Command Center, and 42 Fortune 500 companies have operations there.

What's that old saying? Oh yeah, two wrongs don't make a right.

Last edited by oldmanshirt; May 26, 2008 at 4:18 AM.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 3:54 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

For fucks sake Paul give it a rest kid. Damn.

The only people who give a crap about what he says are straight up retarded or have a high regard for what he says no matter what it is. Now which one do you want to be?

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 4:41 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post

I love it...
And it's an hour return drive. Who gives a flying sh-t?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio