HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 5:07 AM

Barkley Slams San Antonio-PODUNK Backwoods Texas!

Either this fat ass is just clueless or just wants to piss of Spurs fans. It is pretty low to disrespect a city like this. I use to like the guy until now.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 5:28 AM
Bears of antiquity

Haha, don't worry about it

He shit-talks everyone, but most of all, he played for the Suns.

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 6:07 AM

It's meant to be controversial and spur debate. Who cares? Barkley called the New Orleans Arena a mausoleum as the playoffs approached. Anybody that watched the playoffs could see that the arena in New Orleans is rather far from being a "mausoleum." Let it go. When Barkley called the New Orleans Arena a mausoleum, I laughed. I find him to be interesting and funny. On a serious note, when Barkley talks about the game, itself, that is when the conversation is REAL. He knows the game.

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 10:26 AM
BANNED

I see Barkley is doing his job well - stirring up controversy. Just ignore the fool. If he ain't talking basketball he's talking ignorance.

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 3:08 PM
Ya Dig!!

He has stated that San Antonio is boring outside the Riverwalk. It's his opinion. What I like about him is that he is not afraid to say his opinion. He has made mistakes before and he owned up to them. Many times I disagree with him. But when it comes down to it. He knows his shit. I like Barkley.

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 3:19 PM

Lighten up. It's a joke. Do you really think that he's right? Do you really think that his words are going to hurt tourism in SA?

I love San Antonio, but I also love the greatness that is Barkley. He's just trying to get a rise out of you. Let it go.

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in S.A TX View Post
Either this fat ass is just clueless or just wants to piss of Spurs fans. It is pretty low to disrespect a city like this. I use to like the guy until now.
What are you talking about? Barkley has been in love with the Spurs for a while. He says Tim Duncan is the second best PF (behind himself). This is the first year that he does not like the Spurs and sees the Lakers winning.

I like Barkley and his honesty. He also makes Inside the NBA pretty funny.

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 4:01 PM

That still nothing compared to what Cuban said

I made a Cuban voodoo doll after the '06 Mavs series and just kept poking it over and over again with souvenir Riverwalk pins. Judging by Dallas' recent first-round choke jobs, it appears to be working.

Don't worry about Barkley, in 10 years he'll be broke from gambling debts and trying to get on "America's Got Talent" or something.

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 4:36 PM
Wish I was home

Is it really hard to believe that people might have that opinion of San Antonio? Or is it more hard to believe that they would have the gall to say it out loud?

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 8:26 PM
Squint Like Clint

This doesn't surprise me, Barkley is always making outrageous comments and stirring things up! Most of the time he is funny.

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanshirt View Post
That still nothing compared to what Cuban said

I made a Cuban voodoo doll after the '06 Mavs series and just kept poking it over and over again with souvenir Riverwalk pins. Judging by Dallas' recent first-round choke jobs, it appears to be working.
What did Cuban say? I must of never heard it.

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 3:23 AM

That ugly smelly dirty thing they call the Riverwalk.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 5:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuelpr View Post
What did Cuban say? I must of never heard it.
Quote:
That ugly smelly dirty thing they call the Riverwalk.
"There's not going to be one fan in (American Airlines Center) that doesn't believe that we can kick (the Spurs') butt all the way back to that ugly-a**, muddy-watered thing they call a River Walk."-Mark Cuban

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 6:34 AM
Wish I was home

Does anyone have any factual information on how clean or not so clean the Riverwalk actually is?

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 7:29 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

First, Paul was this really worthy of making a thread out of? Seriously?

Second, Barkley says those things (like he does a lot of other cities including San Francisco) for shits and giggles. For Christs sakes, he wants to be Governor of Alabama. I've had conversations with the man himself about one year and a half ago, in Vegas during ASW, and when I told him where I lived he smiled and said, and I'm paraphrasing, "Oh man, I like your city lot but I hate those fans!" He said that with all due respect to the fans. Said they gave him hell during his early years and even more so after he joined the Suns.

He says those things on TV because that's who he is, that's his persona, and it's great for him because then there's people like you who take that stuff way to damn serious. Let's not get bent out of shape and act like the Bay area did when Barkley ragged on San Fran last year. Seriously.

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 7:42 AM
Dryer lint inspector

it should be a well known fact by now that barkley is the biggest ball-breaker in the NBA.

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 9:09 AM

He said there is nothing in San Antonio. He also said he is going to have to take 17 flight connections to get here, hee haw. Still not good publicity joking or not. I don't like like that fat bas&^% anymore. He isn't for the Spurs any longer. He is funny sometimes, but he got on my nerves already.

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
He said there is nothing in San Antonio. He also said he is going to have to take 17 flight connections to get here, hee haw. Still not good publicity joking or not. I don't like like that fat bas&^% anymore. He isn't for the Spurs any longer. He is funny sometimes, but he got on my nerves already.
Go protest.

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 3:24 PM
Ya Dig!!

Quote:
WAHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHH...get over it.

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 4:21 PM
Wish I was home

Quote:
Are you serious? Barkley will forever be on the Spurs nuts. You really can't take anyone saying anything thing bad about your city, joking or not.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio