HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1  
Old Posted May 24, 2009, 7:01 PM
jfsatlbldr's Avatar
jfsatlbldr jfsatlbldr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 228
ATLANTA | Alliance II

Topped out shots from this past April:








     
     
  #2  
Old Posted May 25, 2009, 5:03 AM
defaultuser's Avatar
defaultuser defaultuser is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 572
Looks like this could be a decent building, but it's hard to tell with those massive watermarks in the way. Ugh.
     
     
  #3  
Old Posted May 25, 2009, 12:55 PM
jfsatlbldr's Avatar
jfsatlbldr jfsatlbldr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 228
Sorry about the 'watermarks', i don't like having to put them there either but i've had way too many of my photos copied from this site and used in websites, magazines and brochures without my permission or release. If photos could be protected from reproduction from this and other similar sites i would not have to watermark them.
     
     
  #4  
Old Posted May 25, 2009, 1:48 PM
atl2phx's Avatar
atl2phx atl2phx is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 1,408
nice job joe.

any site can protect pics from being copied, i wonder why SSP doesn't.
     
     
  #5  
Old Posted May 25, 2009, 2:58 PM
ls1z28chris's Avatar
ls1z28chris ls1z28chris is offline
Westbank = Bestbank
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Marrero, Louisiana
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2phx View Post
nice job joe.

any site can protect pics from being copied, i wonder why SSP doesn't.
Can SSP stop screen captures?

All it takes is a quick screen cap and some editing, and you're done. Sure, it is not as high quality as the original, but it is good enough for the pamphlets, brochures, and web use that Joe is talking about. I'm not a professional, so I really don't care to watermark my photos, but if I start seeing that people are stealing them I'm going to be pretty pissed.

__________________
Atlanta: flickr
New Orleans: flickr
     
     
  #6  
Old Posted May 31, 2009, 5:04 AM
drew11 drew11 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: dallas
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1z28chris View Post
Can SSP stop screen captures?

All it takes is a quick screen cap and some editing, and you're done. Sure, it is not as high quality as the original, but it is good enough for the pamphlets, brochures, and web use that Joe is talking about. I'm not a professional, so I really don't care to watermark my photos, but if I start seeing that people are stealing them I'm going to be pretty pissed.

When I post pictures I dont mark them. I dont because I thought that you had to acnowledge the origional poster or your post would be deleted. Isin't that correct?
__________________
Visit my minicity.
http://trinity-bay.myminicity.com/
Industry, needed. http://trinity-bay.myminicity.com/ind
Transportation. http://trinity-bay.myminicity.com/tra
     
     
  #7  
Old Posted Jun 2, 2009, 4:24 AM
ls1z28chris's Avatar
ls1z28chris ls1z28chris is offline
Westbank = Bestbank
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Marrero, Louisiana
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew11 View Post
When I post pictures I dont mark them. I dont because I thought that you had to acnowledge the origional poster or your post would be deleted. Isin't that correct?
That is correct, but what we are talking about is the ability to steal images from the internet and claim them as your own. I took a screen cap of Joe's image to show atl2phx why disabling right/command click on SSP would not prevent theft of images. No matter what SSP does, they can't stop people from stealing images posted here, and that is probably why Joe has decided to watermark his photos.

BTW, if you'd like me to delete the image, Joe, just let me know.
__________________
Atlanta: flickr
New Orleans: flickr
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:10 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.