HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
I thought I heard that Taylor's was just going to take it over.
There are already cars in the parking lot.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 10:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
There are already cars in the parking lot.
Lol I guess that makes sense. Most of those dealerships have pretty fancy snack and coffee bars so maybe there isn’t a need for a restaurant/coffee shop over there.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 3:04 PM

Has anyone heard what will be replacing Flip? They announced that their last day will be November 4 and that a new restaurant with a different concept will be replacing them. Any ideas what it could be?

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
Has anyone heard what will be replacing Flip? They announced that their last day will be November 4 and that a new restaurant with a different concept will be replacing them. Any ideas what it could be?
Wow the "Atlantis Group" has sure had an apparent reversal of fortune. Malt City, Aegean Coast, Salt, Flip and the 2nd Atlantis location all gone.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
I know it had been mentioned in here some time back, but I see Brewsters Albert South location is closed. Chili's on Victoria Avenue East is also closed - no surprise there as it was a terrible location: poor access and hardly visible from either Victoria Avenue or Prince of Wales Drive.
Following up on Chili’s, all the Alberta locations are apparently closing as well, with the exception of the Calgary and Edmonton airports.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Wow the "Atlantis Group" has sure had an apparent reversal of fortune. Malt City, Aegean Coast, Salt, Flip and the 2nd Atlantis location all gone.
Yeah, they put all their chips in to the Malt City idea and lost. Easy come, easy go. Back to square one now with their original coffee shop. I feel bad for that family after all their hard work.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
Yeah, they put all their chips in to the Malt City idea and lost. Easy come, easy go. Back to square one now with their original coffee shop. I feel bad for that family after all their hard work.
Honestly though, Malt City was their fault. They didn't build out the space properly, then their prices were way too high. Right from the beginning.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 4:00 AM

Quote:
Honestly though, Malt City was their fault. They didn't build out the space properly, then their prices were way too high. Right from the beginning.
Well that and a souring economy, tax changes and too many restaurants opening when the times were good. Other restaurants have also been shut down recently including La Bodega, which closed and then re-opened with new owners as Bodega.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2017, 1:51 AM

Apparently Flip will be replaced with a sushi place owned by the fellow that owned Orange in Cathedral

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 5:51 PM

I see the old Robins Donuts on Eastgate has been leased. Any idea what is going in there?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2017, 5:53 PM

Starbucks

It appears from what I can see the new Starbucks on 11th is doing quite well. I think the biggest reason is it's actually open decent hours. Until 9 most nights I think. I get that the economics of paying staff once usual business customers go home at 5 are not great, but that is something that has always drove my nuts about the mentality of downtown. As though only people who are currently at work want to buy coffee. It's one of the biggest reason's for Atlantis' success on Vic, along with the great location. Nothing overly special about their product. Naked Bean is another example of this. Again, I'm not overly fussed with their product, but they've created a presence, unlike the other nondescript cafe that is just to the North of them in the heritage building on the corner.

Last edited by cityboy; Oct 30, 2017 at 3:18 AM.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2017, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sastaunik44 View Post
I see the old Robins Donuts on Eastgate has been leased. Any idea what is going in there?
https://vegaboocathaven.wixsite.com/vegaboocathaven

No comment.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2017, 9:48 PM

Quote:
What. The. F***

That is all.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
What. The. F***

That is all.
So now you guys are gonna criticise two people for trying something new, while doing something good for the community?

Would you rather see another dollar store or tattoo shop? This is part of the reason Regina is such a shitty city. Nobody here supports local business or any kind of forward thinking and innovation.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina Boi View Post
So now you guys are gonna criticise two people for trying something new, while doing something good for the community?

Would you rather see another dollar store or tattoo shop? This is part of the reason Regina is such a shitty city. Nobody here supports local business or any kind of forward thinking and innovation.
Being novel doesn't negate a ridiculous idea.

If the metric for being a good Reginan is blindly supporting every possible idea, then I'm happy to be a bad Reginan.

That and it's one of two cat cafe's in the city.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2017, 12:05 AM

Is it like this?

Old Posted Oct 29, 2017, 1:24 AM

Quote:
Being novel doesn't negate a ridiculous idea.

If the metric for being a good Reginan is blindly supporting every possible idea, then I'm happy to be a bad Reginan.

That and it's one of two cat cafe's in the city.
Not to mention there's already a cat coffee shop under construction on Albert (near Slow Food)... this may be the one you're referencing (good lord, I hope it is: 3 cat coffee shops? Can't fragment the market that finely).

VegaBoo takes it to the next level by going Vegan.

Vancouver, Portland & Seattle: you're on notice... we're coming for you!

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 3:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina Boi View Post

I personally think we need another "massage" parlour.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 6:55 PM
BANNED

With how many stray and abandoned cats there are in Regina, I for one am glad people are doing something to help find them find homes or at least some love until then. Some of you may not appreciate the life of a cat or even joke about it but once you have adopted an old stray like my girlfriend and I have, your mind will change pretty quick (unless you are completely psychotic and lack any empathy for life).

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
With how many stray and abandoned cats there are in Regina, I for one am glad people are doing something to help find them find homes or at least some love until then. Some of you may not appreciate the life of a cat or even joke about it but once you have adopted an old stray like my girlfriend and I have, your mind will change pretty quick (unless you are completely psychotic and lack any empathy for life).
Major stretch to infer people who think a business idea is poor are psychopaths and/or lack any empathy for life, donchathink?

Pretty sure 99% of comments were critiquing the business idea... nothing to do with the value we place on stray/abandoned cats.

Ad hominem? check
Ad populum? check
Straw Man? check
Red Herring? check

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan