HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 11, 2017, 4:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Just walked by and I see the already cut the strands. It's actually a T-shaped beam in there. Will post photos when I get home.
That was done in the last week or two. PCL had a few people in a skylift with the ram pulling the cables to the required tension.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2017, 8:13 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM View Post

Anyways to get back to the discussion here is a bump for the current page. Gotta love all this TNS chatter right

Three more months of good weather to work on the project. When is the expected completion date?

Old Posted Aug 11, 2017, 1:21 PM

Since dropping Photobucket and going to Imgur, I find the image quality much better. Photobucket must downgrade quality. And now they're charging $100's to host images.

Here's two from yesterday, showing the big beams and finished off post tensioning.

This image from June 22 shows the cables hanging out.

Last edited by bomberjet; Aug 11, 2017 at 2:36 PM.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2017, 1:42 PM

I can't recall if this was answered before, but what's with the metal studs going up along the south side? Is that just a temporary measure until the curtain wall comes in?

Old Posted Aug 11, 2017, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I can't recall if this was answered before, but what's with the metal studs going up along the south side? Is that just a temporary measure until the curtain wall comes in?
Not sure. I noticed they are on both the second and third levels. Can't see down to the first.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2017, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Apologies for the image size. Also, since dropping Photobucket and going to Imgur, I find the image quality much better. Photobucket must downgrade quality. And now they're charging $100's to host images.

Here's two from yesterday, showing the big beams and finished off post tensioning.

This image from June 22 shows the cables hanging out.

If you go to the picture's page in Imgur, on the bottom right you can change the thumbnail size, which will change the link it spits out.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2017, 2:35 PM

^Sweet, thanks! Post has been edited.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 7:19 PM

The ceilings for the 6th floor of the residential tower are much higher than the 3-5th floors. Any thoughts on why?

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 8:19 PM
Speak the truth, then run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe View Post
The ceilings for the 6th floor of the residential tower are much higher than the 3-5th floors. Any thoughts on why?
Dunno what it's for, but *some* illustrations show a taller floor six stories up with a different façade.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 8:29 PM

Maybe that's where the residential amenities will be like the fitness centre.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 8:30 PM
What could go wrong?

My guess is a transfer floor between the 5 floors of commercial/office and the residential floors above....like a lobby for the residential.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 1:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Not 100% sure, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw them is that they might be the anchor points to tie in the skywalk bridge coming over from citiplace.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 2:34 PM

^Where's this exactly? There is a steel beam sticking out the south end of the business tower. I believe that is where the skywalk will attach.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 2:49 PM
What could go wrong?

I am not quite sure where everyone means, but the connection to the skywalk from CityPlace is on the north side of tower 1, across the south side of tower 2 and out the south side of tower 2 to the future hotel property.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 3:01 PM

I'm pretty sure esquire was referring to the metal framing that's gone up on the first three floors of tower 1 that they're currently attaching insulation to

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe View Post
I'm pretty sure esquire was referring to the metal framing that's gone up on the first three floors of tower 1 that they're currently attaching insulation to
Yes, that's it. Along the entire south side of it.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 3:42 PM

Oh ya, metal studs. Duhh. I was thinking of something else.

Ya they have studs and insulation going up on the 2nd to 4th levels right now. They're working on it right now. No idea why. It'll look like shit if that's the permanent solution. Hopefully it's either just for winter, which seems like a lot of effort. Or I hope that it is in conjunction with the podium for the church project.

There is some permanent more heavy duty, grey coloured steel and block work installed on the main floor, south corner along Hargrave.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 3:59 PM

Also, I'm quite impressed with the pace of construction. Both towers are rising quickly.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 5:37 PM

It's not seen from the web cam but the external construction material lift was started to be assembled at the Hargrave and Graham corner of the building. There was the first section connected to the building yesterday and I would to see a few more sections up when I look out our window at work tonight.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Also, I'm quite impressed with the pace of construction. Both towers are rising quickly.
They're kicking ass, IMO

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan